India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he is sharp, that's all I know.

Yeah, his speed is not too fast but he hurries batsmen, and gets good bounce too. His action is really bustly action and he charges in too. When he connects with the bat, it goes at a fair rate of knots too.

Good player.

Yeah, his speed is not too fast but he hurries batsmen, and gets good bounce too. His action is really bustly action and he charges in too. When he connects with the bat, it goes at a fair rate of knots too.

Good player.

How would you rate him vs Irfan Pathan?

Pomersbach might be going to watch this game too maybe they can give him a game again :P

Reckon he has the talent to make the team but obviously way too early now

Lol, I would give him a go but there are others that have performed consistently every season, Pomersbach only just started being consistent for WA.

Pomersbach might be going to watch this game too maybe they can give him a game again :P

Reckon he has the talent to make the team but obviously way too early now

Huh he brang his girlfriend to a game and played in a 20/20. I wonder if he brang his mum to a game he will get a test match. He was lucky in the 20/20 and i thought he did a fantastic job. Keep up the good work Pomers.

Brought.

Cricketman - I think they'd both do a solid job, but I think I'd pick Pathan ahead of him because of his batting. Heck if it was my way, Harbhajan wouldn't play and I'd play RP, Pathan and Pankaj.

i hope we get to see pankaj singh in action,wasim akram had some good things to say bout him.

Not a debutant at this point of time. They should have played him in Sydney.

We have Ishant for the height and pace factor. We need Irfan back to bloster our batting and try to get back some of the experience that we lost through the injury to Zaheer Khan.

Last edited:
Who's India's fastest bowler in the domestic scene? Is it Sreesanth? I'm not convinced by Sharma. He didn't get one wicket and although he was economical i think he's too young. Why not Bose who's far more experienced...

Hmm i'm hopin to see Katich again. I watched him in a domestic game a little while ago and he was smashing the attack. Not a great captain though from what i seen...

This would be my Indian XI for Perth

Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Saurav Ganguly
MS Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
RP Singh
Ishant Sharma

We should play 5 bowlers. I wont drop Harbhajan just for the fact that he can dismiss Ponting (probably even with his eyes closed!:p). On current form, Yuvraj is as bad as a tail ender, and Irfan is better than a tail ender. So Irfan can replace Yuvraj on the batting front too. Dravid can retain his opening slot coz he has slowly improved with each innings in that spot.

Who's India's fastest bowler in the domestic scene? Is it Sreesanth? I'm not convinced by Sharma. He didn't get one wicket and although he was economical i think he's too young. Why not Bose who's far more experienced...

The pace of Bose is just a bit above what Saurav Ganguly bowls. He is more of an economical bowler who can keep the batsmen quiet for long periods of time. He is also a predominantly swing bowler and wont work out well in Aussie conditions that is more about pace and bounce.

I think VRV Singh is the fastest in the domestic circuit right now (I guess!)

Last edited:
Well if Sree actually played domestic cricket nowadays, he'd be the fastest.

Matthew Hayden seems to still be injured, if he misses out, who should come in? Should an opener be picked or should Mike Hussey open instead?

If Hussey opens, I believe that his brother would be a good choice to replace him. Simon Katich could, in theory, either open or bat in the middle order too, since he's been red hot in the Pura Cup this year.

No way. If that happens and Dave Hussey is picked in front of Simon Katich, I will throw up, then proceed to go to Jamie Cox and co's meeting place and then just flip out..like big time. Katich is the best pura cup batsman in Australia.

This is what I believe the team should be:

Jaques
Hussey
Ponting
Clarke
Katich
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Clark
Johnson
Tait.

I don't know about Symonds and Katich, maybe they would switch around I don't know enough about the Australian cricket team to really know, just a guess that Clarke would go to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread