India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The WACA looks quick at the moment in the Twenty20 final, even Shane Harwood, who is Victoria's answer to Glenn McGrath, is bowling fairly quickly.

It is one thing to get fast wicket for 20-20 and other thing to prepare wicket to last 5 days of test cricket. What has been the state of pitch for longer version of domestic cricket?

It is one thing to get fast wicket for 20-20 and other thing to prepare wicket to last 5 days of test cricket. What has been the state of pitch for longer version of domestic cricket?

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/298332.html

Most recent domestic test. Every bowler that took a wicket was a pacemen. Spinners struggled. It shows that the pacemen gets wickets and when they get wickets, it comes in large amounts. Inness 5-59, Dorey 5-82, Harris 4-47, Gillespie 3-85, Rofe 3-95, Dorey 3-53.

Exciting figures for pacemen and a struggle for batsmen.

Tricky one don't really want to see us changing our lineup too much but David Hussey has shown his all round game with his fielding and bowling not to mention his aggressive batting.

Why doesnt Australia open with Mike Hussey and get in Simon Katich in the middle order ?
Hussey used to be an opener for his state,i believe.

India has been pathic this tour, freakin' cry babies, just harden up and get on with the decion of ICC, but no, they have to complain even further.

Second test was a lucky win for the Aussies, but tomorrow's Test, Australia shall own India!

Mod's note: Edited for swearing.

Here is a quote from an article from Daily Telegraph. I am also attaching the link to the article.

"If you keep abusing people, sooner or later someone is going to turn around and talk back to you. My message to Symonds - and to his captain Ricky Ponting, who reported Harbhajan to the umpires - is "Don't be a cry baby". If you dish it out, you've got to be prepared to take it in return, and not go running to teacher."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/10/scboyc110.xml

Since when did the players become so aggresive what happend to the so called " cricket is a gentlemens game " ??

"If you keep abusing people, sooner or later someone is going to turn around and talk back to you. My message to Symonds - and to his captain Ricky Ponting, who reported Harbhajan to the umpires - is "Don't be a cry baby". If you dish it out, you've got to be prepared to take it in return, and not go running to teacher."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/10/scboyc110.xml

Ponting didn't go crying to the umpires, he reported racial abuse. It's just that most of the Indians on here seem obvlivious to how serious racial abuse is.

The only thing I have a doubt over is whether or not Symonds said something first.
I dont like Harbajan, but he doesnt seem like the type of guy to just call someone over and talk crap at him.

Anyways its over now, can we please just move on?

Ponting didn't go crying to the umpires, he reported racial abuse. It's just that most of the Indians on here seem obvlivious to how serious racial abuse is.

The comments about Australians being cry babies are from Boycott in his article in Daily Telegraph.

It may seem that the Ricky Ponting's motive to report Harbajan is to fight against racism. According to many (eg Michael Holding, Neil Harvey etc,) monkey is not a racist word. In India monkey is not a racist word.

Ponting has become Harbajan's bunny. Some others may have the opinion that the real motive behind Ricky Ponting reporting Harbajan is either to get him suspended or at least put pressure on him. So it will be a big advantage at least for Ponting not to face Harbajan in the coming tests or play Harbajan when he is not well focussed in his bowling.

Having said that I do not beleive that India should have two spinners playing in the Perth test.

No one is willing to believe that Harbhajan started off all this crap. He was provoked by Symonds, and he gave it back. Its not yet clear if it was racial (what Harbhajan said!). He is believedto have said "teri maa ki.." (a punjabi derogatory term abusing one's mother) which sounds like "monkey".

even if you say that the derogatory term used is offensive and he needs to be punished, the aussies have used worser terms than this. have we forgotten the fight between mcgrath and sarwan over mcgrath's wife? if the aussies provoke people, they must be prepared to get it back. or else, JUST SHUT UP!!!

Since when did the players become so aggresive what happend to the so called " cricket is a gentlemens game " ??

the aussies are facing up for the first time to some one who are giving it back to them in equal measure. thats why the game looks so much aggressive.

its not a gentleman's game anymore. with the passion and the amount of fan following the game has occured, its more of a battle than a gentleman's game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread