India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST SHUT UP!!!
Just about sums up your intelligence. I'm not even going to bother replying to someone who trys to defend a racist.

The comments about Australians being cry babies are from Boycott in his article in Daily Telegraph.

It may seem that the Ricky Ponting's motive to report Harbajan is to fight against racism. According to many (eg Michael Holding, Neil Harvey etc,) monkey is not a racist word. In India monkey is not a racist word.

Ponting has become Harbajan's bunny. Some others may have the opinion that the real motive behind Ricky Ponting reporting Harbajan is either to get him suspended or at least put pressure on him. So it will be a big advantage at least for Ponting not to face Harbajan in the coming tests or play Harbajan when he is not well focussed in his bowling.
Well Boycotts an idiot, everyone knows it. I know in India monkey sin't racist but thats got no bearing on this whatsoever. I know Ponting probably wanted Harbajan out but at the end of the day he said something racist so Pontings got everyright to try and rid the sport of the evil that is racism.

Last edited:
Can we not turn to petty insults again or posts will be deleted like last time. People have differing opinions on this subject, the fact the appeal is a long way away isn't helping us, you'll have to agree to disagree. We could discuss this matter, yet people are too immature to do so.

No one is willing to believe that Harbhajan started off all this crap. He was provoked by Symonds, and he gave it back. Its not yet clear if it was racial (what Harbhajan said!). He is believedto have said "teri maa ki.." (a punjabi derogatory term abusing one's mother) which sounds like "monkey".

I didn't think of this but 'Teri Maa Ki Ankh' can sound a lot like Monkey 'Arse', but it is considerably tame to the racism some took it to be..Your mom's eyes (though it's like a colloquial insult/taunt)

Anywho, I like the Jaffer/Sehwag opening combination over anything else we have in mind.

My lineup:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwag
3) VVS Laxman
4) Rahul Dravid
5) Sachin Tendulkar
6) Sourav Ganguly
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) RP Singh (OB2)
11) Ishant Sharma

My lineup:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwag
3) VVS Laxman
4) Rahul Dravid
5) Sachin Tendulkar
6) Sourav Ganguly
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) RP Singh (OB2)
11) Ishant Sharma
I'd put Dravid down at 6 and consider taking a stronger bowler instead of Irfan. Don't think we have anyone though--playing Ishant and Pankaj in the same game might be suicide.

I'd put Dravid down at 6 and consider taking a stronger bowler instead of Irfan. Don't think we have anyone though--playing Ishant and Pankaj in the same game might be suicide.

That sound logical. Dravid down at 6 where he won't be under that much pressure because hopefully the rest of the team should have put atleast 250 on the board, but I don't think we have a stronger bowler than Irfan...

Why doesnt Australia open with Mike Hussey and get in Simon Katich in the middle order ?
Hussey used to be an opener for his state,i believe.

More to do with changing our batting order, anyway Rogers has been officially called up and looks odds on to play.

Just about sums up your intelligence. I'm not even going to bother replying to someone who trys to defend a racist.

It was just a heat of the moment thing, I can tell you now he 's not someone that hates the whole of the African/Aborigine race, just one moment of madness. It's not like the Aussies don't do this kind of stuff is it?

I personally don't buy this "maan ki", why would he speak in a different language to Symonds, especially after calling him up.

It was just a heat of the moment thing, I can tell you now he 's not someone that hates the whole of the African/Aborigine race, just one moment of madness. It's not like the Aussies don't do this kind of stuff is it?

I personally don't buy this "maan ki", why would he speak in a different language to Symonds, especially after calling him up.

Its possible, as the conversation was rather long.
Symonds at mid on or off would have been saying something that Harba did not like.
He calls him up, says something, Symo says something, and Harbajan is about to go back to his crease uttering the words "There Maa Ki.." And Symonds heard it as monkey.

But, I dont know.

Well, then how intelligent you are that you still call him a "racist" when there has been a huge outcry on the unfairness of the decision handed out to him by the match referee, and when they have scheduled another fresh hearing?

My lineup:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwag
3) VVS Laxman
4) Rahul Dravid
5) Sachin Tendulkar
6) Sourav Ganguly
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) RP Singh (OB2)
11) Ishant Sharma

Perfect! Ideal line up for the testing conditions of Perth. Having Sehwag is like taking a lottery. Lets hope it pays off at Perth

Last edited:
My lineup:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwag
3) VVS Laxman
4) Rahul Dravid
5) Sachin Tendulkar
6) Sourav Ganguly
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) RP Singh (OB2)
11) Ishant Sharma

Karthik in for Jaffer, as we all know that he is Lees bunny.

Dravid at six, Laxman at three, Tendulkar four, Ganguly five. Perfect from there on to be honest.

You could also play Jaffer, drop Dhoni, and give KKD the gloves.

Nah, can't drop Dhoni, he's shown that he is now a good wickie and he can hold the fort in pressure situations. We need players like that in the team.

As much as I'm praying that KKD gets a go, it looks unlikely. He can be the super sub as normal. :)

Australian think tank would be stupid not to play Tait. From what i've read (cricinfo and posts from here) the WACA pitch is a hunting ground for medium to pace bowlers. On one hand you have Lee and the other Tait, bring in Clark when one tires out and chuck in Johnson (though i would suggest another bowler cause Johnson hasn't been impressive). Thats a scary bowling line up which is why Sehwag v them would be interesting.

Kumble has an advantage in the spinners department for India so his selection wont hurt India on this pitch (had somehow Harbhajan been captain then we would've been a bowler short in the WACA). RP and Sharma should have the opening slot. From what Chris Rogers said it seems Pathan has been swinging it both ways and has been bowling at a nagging length. So he should have the next spot.

an erratic Tait vs Sehwag will be interesting.
Tait bowls alot of his stuff short and wide, perfect for Sehwag to cut away. In the end though, I feel he will edge to Gilly or to the slips.

If Jaffer scores less then 50 runs an inning im going to freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread