India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the Harbhajan controversy, I find it rather strange that they did not produce a transcript of the hearing. I read that in Cricinfo, and also that the hearing was conducted in quite a peculiar format. There were also claims that Harbhajan went into the hearing rather unprepared and without any legal counsel--and that with a lawyer there would have been no case against him. I'll try to find the article, but the first point that they didn't make a transcript is rather weird.

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Procter_took_the_help_of_a_lawyer/articleshow/2695482.cms

I think this is the article you were talking about.

Brad Hogg Charge withdrawn
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan in Perth

January 14, 2008

Brad Hogg has reason to be relieved now that India have withdrawn their charge ? Getty Images

Two days before the Perth Test the sun finally shone through the cloud that has been hanging over this series for the past week, with India dropping their charge of abuse against Brad Hogg, Australia's chinaman bowler. Hogg was accused of making an offensive remark to Anil Kumble and Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the second Test in Sydney and charged under Level 3 of the ICC Code of Conduct following a complaint by Indian team manager Chetan Chauhan.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/330850.html

That was a good read. India finally admit that its time to move on, and a great sign that things should be okay now.

Only 2 days left. Dont think ive been this excited about a test match before, other than the Ashes.:cool:

That was a good read. India finally admit that its time to move on, and a great sign that things should be okay now.

Only 2 days left. Dont think ive been this excited about a test match before, other than the Ashes.:cool:

Gilly really needs a big knock. Before the Sydney test, he was making starts, but he couldn't get on with them. He's due for a big knock. Punter robbed him of a ton at Hobart last year by declaring, but yes, he's due.

It's a good thing we had the break, everyone seems to have cooled down. Ponting willing to change his and the teams way of going about things and India dropping the charges.

It's a good thing we had the break, everyone seems to have cooled down. Ponting willing to change his and the teams way of going about things and India dropping the charges.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Had the Bhajji episode happened in the MCG Test, the tour would be history by now, I have no doubt.

Time has a way of cooling off tempers that not even the most reasonable and well-argued logic can douse.

And it was all the umpires fault that things got so crazy and out of hand.

game 1 there was none of this drama.

But game 2 we got the poor umpiring an tempers got out of control and players started trying to get away with massive nicks hoping they would get a symonds like decision.

Looking forward to the game gonna feel sorry for the poor old umps though
1 wrong decision and there will be a million replays and complaints.

I am looking forward to seeing Sehwag batting against the raw pace of Brett Lee, because he will either get out early or dominate. Also I'd love to see if Pathan can trouble the Aussie openers.

I am looking forward to seeing Sehwag batting against the raw pace of Brett Lee, because he will either get out early or dominate. Also I'd love to see if Pathan can trouble the Aussie openers.
I guess many indians too. He is the guy who can provide the much needed aggressive start to indian innings.

thats if india will select them. if india drop jaffer then yuvraj has to be dropped.

i think shewag will play but not too sure on pathan. would love if pathan plays but who would india drop. if they will drop jaffer then pathan can be the extra bowler plus can bat a bit. its a tough one.

any team news

I have a reason to be more excited too. Its Perth and the place where India are the most likely to not only be defeated, but a chance of being routed. All these controversies and happenings could energize India to perform well and compete against Australia even at a place like Perth. And given Australia's reputation, they will be at their attacking best. It should make up for some awesome test match cricket.

Happy with the manner in which the charges on Hogg have been removed. Good spirit shown by India and Kumble. I hope people dont say that they are doing it to see if Australia reciprocate by dropping charges against Bhajji (technically its not possible coz that was reported by the umpires).

Yes but thats one day and 20/20 level. Yuvraj Singh IMO is also not ready for test they need to develop more at this level.

Yes. A lot of the perception of the Indian fans that Yuvraj is finally ready for the highest level in cricket has been proved wrong. He has quite some way to go before he becomes a consistent part of test match cricket. But it wont be impossible to dream of Yuvraj being one of India's lynchpins in all forms of cricket. He needs to change a bit with his attitude and he's almost there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread