India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were the Aussie's I'd have a bowl, really try and get into the Indians with raw pace while the pitch still has a bit.

I really don't have a clue what India would do on the other hand.

If I were the Aussie's I'd have a bowl, really try and get into the Indians with raw pace while the pitch still has a bit.

I agree.

I really don't have a clue what India would do on the other hand.

Probably bowl first to negate Australia's first choice and give Ishant Sharma and RP Singh chance to bowl whilst the pitch has the most life in it. Ishant Sharma says that the pitch excites him, but we will have to see if it can help him crank the pace up to the 140kph mark. The same goes for RP Singh, who clearly has the potential to push the 145kph mark but chooses to operate nearer 130kph for stamina and accuracy purposes.

Is there any early swing in this pitch?, or should I say what are are the overhead conditions like, because I would like to see what Pathan can do.

This better last 5 days (though I doubt it). Its the only day I can go:p

Jhonson is in the team to give the left arm angle which most teams find awkward to play. It also gives some avriation to the attack. Another reason why he is in side is because he has troubled Indian top order in ODIs.

What will be the over rate of Australia with 4 fast bowlers:p

Then what about Bracken? I mean he definetly troubled india in the ODI series and if Johnson is in the team for merely giving the left arm angle well there's another possibility Australia could've gone with.

Lol if only they were penalised...

Nah Australia don't use Bracken in tests because he doesn't have any natural ability that will get wickets in a situation when people can bat for days. Whereas the likes of Lee - Pace and Accuracy. Clark - Ridiculous accuracy and seam movement. Johnson - Variety-Pace. Tait - Raw, extreme pace. All have something that sets them apart.

Bracken will take wickets in ODI's because he keeps the runs down and because he isn't a big name. No international batsman will think of trying to play his shots to Shaun Tait before Bracken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread