India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lillee thinks Tait can break the 170km/h barrier! Now that would be some feat. This is the best chance for Tait to break the current world record with this Perth pitch.

Nah Australia don't use Bracken in tests because he doesn't have any natural ability that will get wickets in a situation when people can bat for days. Whereas the likes of Lee - Pace and Accuracy. Clark - Ridiculous accuracy and seam movement. Johnson - Variety-Pace. Tait - Raw, extreme pace. All have something that sets them apart.

Bracken will take wickets in ODI's because he keeps the runs down and because he isn't a big name. No international batsman will think of trying to play his shots to Shaun Tait before Bracken.

Johnson is also exceptionally wide. I disagree about Bracken but in my view if they're gonna pick a player for just being left handed as a bowler (which scion_kid suggested) then Bracken > Johnson considering the form Johnson is in. However, if Johnson gets any form then i'm sure he'll be dangerous but to me he looks a out of touch and out of confidence a tad bit. Bracken's domestic test record is similar to his domestic odi record:

FIRST CLASS: 25.79 at 61 matches
LIST A: 25.66 at 150 matches

JOHNSON
FC: 29.96 at 29 matches
LIST A: 29.24 at 46 matches

Secondly, Bracken is 6 foot 5 and will get more bounce that Johnson which often troubles sub-continent teams early in the series. Johnson is 6 foot 3 (or nearly). So on that issue i think Bracken wins that battle. Bracken also has more variety in how he bowls.

Well to me Bracken seems to be the better bowler if they're gonna pick a left handed bowler. But i think Johnson is first much younger and secondly far quicker which might trouble sub-continent teams. I don't think he's picked merely for being left handed. He's also got another decade on his hands (he's 26 i believe) while Bracken is nearly 31.

Last edited:
any team news yet or too early. what time will close of lay happen in the uk

It starts 2:30 AM GMT so I imagine sessions are...

2:30-4:30 1st session
5:10-7:10 2nd session
7:30-9:30 3rd session

And given I'm up early I might catch the whole 3rd session!

It begins at 1:00 (coverage) in Sydney and i'm whining already. Another 4 hours to go...

thanks for the times. i am getting ready to sleep. really hope the india team can perform.

You know i feel slightly gyped. I turned 18 on the 11th days after the sydney test finished. I could've drank alcohol and shared one with Kevin Rudd had it been the 3rd test...

Yeah i hope India pull off another jaw dropper with the bowling. And they say they can't take 10 wickets (sadly i was one of em)

Lillee thinks Tait can break the 170km/h barrier! Now that would be some feat. This is the best chance for Tait to break the current world record with this Perth pitch.

I doubt that's physically possible without chucking. The fastest ball ever was JUST over 160. He thinks he can go 10km over? 10km is a big difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe bowling speed is measured out of the hand. What would help Tait is if he had the the backing of the wind.

Match starts in 1.5 hours!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this Test Match, havent had much to do around my house, since it hasn't been on :p

Johnson is also exceptionally wide. I disagree about Bracken but in my view if they're gonna pick a player for just being left handed as a bowler (which scion_kid suggested) then Bracken > Johnson considering the form Johnson is in. However, if Johnson gets any form then i'm sure he'll be dangerous but to me he looks a out of touch and out of confidence a tad bit. Bracken's domestic test record is similar to his domestic odi record:

FIRST CLASS: 25.79 at 61 matches
LIST A: 25.66 at 150 matches

JOHNSON
FC: 29.96 at 29 matches
LIST A: 29.24 at 46 matches

Secondly, Bracken is 6 foot 5 and will get more bounce that Johnson which often troubles sub-continent teams early in the series. Johnson is 6 foot 3 (or nearly). So on that issue i think Bracken wins that battle. Bracken also has more variety in how he bowls.

Well to me Bracken seems to be the better bowler if they're gonna pick a left handed bowler. But i think Johnson is first much younger and secondly far quicker which might trouble sub-continent teams. I don't think he's picked merely for being left handed. He's also got another decade on his hands (he's 26 i believe) while Bracken is nearly 31.
Bracken's to low of a bowler for Test cricket IMO, I saw him he bowl to Matthew Hayden in a state game and he just got destroyed. Hayden was just walking down the pitch and hitting him over his head. I dunno if Johnson is good enough either because in that same game Simon Katich absolutely mauled him and hit a triple century.

I think Ashley Noffke would be a better option as an allrounder.

I dont. The WACA is hard to bat on early but once the new ball wears off its batsman paradise...
That happens at probably every ground in Australia.

It starts 2:30 AM GMT so I imagine sessions are...

2:30-4:30 1st session
5:10-7:10 2nd session
7:30-9:30 3rd session

And given I'm up early I might catch the whole 3rd session!

Not a great change in timings for US viewers (like me!). The match used to start at 6:30pm and end at 1:30am in the night. Now it starts at 9:30pm and ends at 4:30am which means losing some night's sleep if I want to catch the whole day.

Waiting for the toss now. Looks like Sehwag and Pathan are almost confirmed additions to the Indian XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread