India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess batting at a strike-rate of under 20 and being dropped & being caught off of no-ball both on 0 is suppose to set the world alight especially when our bowling attack is supposedly significantly weaker then it has been in the past?
I was not aware that Kumble had tasked Dravid with the job of setting the world alight. I, obviously incorrectly, thought he was asked to play out the new ball, something he ended up doing.

I guess batting at a strike-rate of under 20 and being dropped & being caught off of no-ball both on 0 is suppose to set the world alight especially when our bowling attack is supposedly significantly weaker then it has been in the past?

I didn't know that was the only innings that Dravid is going to play on this tour. Come back to me at the end of the series. Call me a gambler, but I'll wager that he'll average more than 4 runs this series.

It is not as if Dravid gets a couple of lives every time he bats and that is the reason for his good record.
And to tell you why he was batting in such a manner today, he was badly out of touch ! It does`nt take rocket science to tell you that !
What you are also doing is belittling the efforts of your bowlers who did their part in suffocating Dravid today.

This is turning out to be quite a session of attacks and counter-attacks in the forums though !
The Englishmen may know a thing or two about such sessions !

Last edited:
This is turning out to be quite a session of attacks and counter-attacks in the forums though !
The Englishmen may know a thing or two about such sessions !
Lol yeah. The match has taken a backseat, eh? Indians don't want to play outside their off stump yet and Aussies are giving away no easy balls.

So you compare a batsman who is out of touch to one who is in the form of his life and make a judgement as to who is better.
This is the point that I`ll make about most comparisions that you make.
Tendulkar and Dravid have both made their runs over a prolonged time perion which means that they`ve been doing it consistently for sometime.
Whereas Hayden and Ponting have both scored enormous amount of runs in a short space of time (may not be the same as very few tests as Australia play a lot more test cricket than India).

Would it have been fair to compare Tendulkar with Hayden in 1995 ? Would it have been fair to compare Tendulkar and Ponting in 1998 ?
No, because one was in the form of his life and the other was`nt.

Having said all that I have it is still difficult to conclude as to who is the better player ? I`ll leave that to an individual`s opinion.

Comparing 2 players involves various parameters and not just the number of runs scored. The dynamics just change with every nation.
Well if you want to go check out youtube. Go search "Hayden McGrath" and you'll see a clip of Hayden smashing McGrath through the offside and then bullying him round like a little kid. :)

Hayden scored 20 centuries in his first 55 tests (a feat only bettered by Don Bradman)
Ponting's been averaging over 70 since the start of 2001.

It doesn't matter when or where they have their purple patch which has been labelled "form of their life". Both Hayden & Ponting have acchieved more when inform opposed to when Dravid or Tendulkar when they were inform and to be fair before this Test, Hayden & Ponting were basically the only 2 batsman not to succeed in the Sri Lankan series and yet Punter made runs in the ODI series and Hayden made a century yesterday.

Lol yeah. The match has taken a backseat, eh? Indians don't want to play outside their off stump yet and Aussies are giving away no easy balls.

Only time will tell if that is the right way to bat.
But I`ll give time to the batsmen. This is only the first inning of the series.

I never thought I'd say it but I think Hogg has the best shot to get a wicket here. The pace bowlers just aren't making the batsmen play enough.

Also the outfield is so slow! Coupled with the large ground the Indians will have to run hard, which they are not used to given the quick outfields in India that make boundary scoring simple.

The Indians couldn't play the short ball for peanuts when they were in South Africa, and it looks like they still can't.

The great Mr Tendulkar just looked like a fool then.

I'm enjoying this game. Cat and Mouse cricket at it's best.

Having said that though, if it wasn't for the beast of a spider in my room i'd be sleeping soundly by now. Darn you Aussies and your silly time!

The Indians couldn't play the short ball for peanuts when they were in South Africa, and it looks like they still can't.

Ah yes, he looked like such a fool when he dropped his wrists thus negating the possibility of getting a wicket.

Really, you just seem like you want to rile people up against you. I advise my fellow Indian fans to ignore jordox, who is no doubt annoyed that a poor West Indies line-up is scoring runs against South Africa.

If I had as many Test and ODI runs to my name as Tendulkar does, then I wouldn't give a flying penis what Jordox thinks.

I'm enjoying this game. Cat and Mouse cricket at it's best.

Having said that though, if it wasn't for the beast of a spider in my room i'd be sleeping soundly by now. Darn you Aussies and your silly time!
Lol. Welcome to the party. Pick up a pair of boxing gloves at the bookshelf on your right.

What time is it in England? Late night/early morning? That's how it was for me in the US when India were playing Pakistan. Stayed up till 6 in the morning to watch drawn test matches. :p

Well if you want to go check out youtube. Go search "Hayden McGrath" and you'll see a clip of Hayden smashing McGrath through the offside and then bullying him round like a little kid. :)

Hayden scored 20 centuries in his first 55 tests (a feat only bettered by Don Bradman)
Ponting's been averaging over 70 since the start of 2001.

It doesn't matter when or where they have their purple patch which has been labelled "form of their life". Both Hayden & Ponting have acchieved more when inform opposed to when Dravid or Tendulkar when they were inform and to be fair before this Test, Hayden & Ponting were basically the only 2 batsman not to succeed in the Sri Lankan series and yet Punter made runs in the ODI series and Hayden made a century yesterday.

Since when has domestic cricket been used to compare two players ?

I never brought in a comparision for the period since 2001.
I just gave you an example that you/we would have found a comparision between Tendulkar and Ponting hard to comprehend in 1998 .

Read my previous post carefully because I mentioned something like this there :
Having said all that I have it is still difficult to conclude as to who is the better player ? I`ll leave that to an individual`s opinion.
Comparing 2 players involves various parameters and not just the number of runs scored. The dynamics just change with every nation.

And wfdu_ben91, with most of the arguments and debates of this world both the parties involved almost never agree to each other because both sides almost always have their strong points.

I was not aware that Kumble had tasked Dravid with the job of setting the world alight. I, obviously incorrectly, thought he was asked to play out the new ball, something he ended up doing.

:D.

Things seem to be looking slightly better with Sachin & Laxman at the crease. The runs have been coming a little easier than earlier in the innings. That said, the run rate isn't where most would like it to be.

Sachin is playing the short ball quite tentatively and almost refusing to hook or pull. Just saw him lose his patience in the last ball of that Lee over. It may have gone for four but his bat was quite far from his body. Let's hope this isn't a sign of desperation.

HAHAHAHA!! - I remember in the last series in 2003/04 when Tendulkar was given out LBW to a bouncer that didn't bounce.

Didn't Tendulkar bag a golden duck the last boxing day test he played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread