India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream that :rolleyes:

Sid's having a party as we speak no doubt.
icon8.gif

The game is a guaranteed draw.. i watched the Aussies bat this morning before i went to the beach and it was a snooze fest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hayden went also. Indeed. I'd be surprised if an Indian retired a little bit. You'd kind of expect them to do it at home, but it must be a good time. Probably after the South Africa series i'd say we'll see a few go. At least one. Probably Ganguly but maybe Dravid as well.

In fact I just read a cricinfo quote that Hayden is staying in. He's probably safe.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Hayden went also. Indeed. I'd be surprised if an Indian retired a little bit. You'd kind of expect them to do it at home, but it must be a good time. Probably after the South Africa series i'd say we'll see a few go.

In fact I just read a cricinfo quote that Hayden is staying in. He's probably safe.

Hayden in his end show interview said "The test cricket is a very very long game. Bring on 20-20. It can be boring standing in test matches with two catches coming to you in 650 bowls".

I think he is on verge of retirement soon.

I think he is on verge of retirement soon.

you wish buddy...he's killing it with the bat, seeing it like the preverbial beachball!

Good day today...what about the Pathan ball that got Hussey, jesus that was a beauty...bit concerned about Jaques though, hes getting into the habit of making starts and getting out or passing a milestone and playing a silly shot.

Hayden in his end show interview said "The test cricket is a very very long game. Bring on 20-20. It can be boring standing in test matches with two catches coming to you in 650 bowls".

I pray he is on verge of retirement soon.

Fixed that one for you, sid. No thanks needed. ;)

Hayden's most recent word on retirement was that he would like to play in the 2011 World Cup if his body can keep up. Since it obviously won't, but his mind is in it, he will surely stick around for a bit longer. Personally I can see him going at the end of the 2009 Ashes.

If only you had listened him talking. With Gilchrist news coming in he was looking down and that why i said hes on verge of retirement.

Maybe he can go till next WC.

If only you had listened him talking. With Gilchrist news coming in he was looking down and that why i said hes on verge of retirement.

Maybe he can go till next WC.

He said that he'll be retiring after this match and then play out the CB series and then will finish. Confirmed on the news apparently. Disappointing to see him leave, hope he finishes in a bang.

Hayden won't be retiring anytime soon if he's in such good form and feels he can play on.

He said that he'll be retiring after this match and then play out the CB series and then will finish. Confirmed on the news apparently. Disappointing to see him leave, hope he finishes in a bang.

Hayden won't be retiring anytime soon if he's in such good form and feels he can play on.

Deffinetly will finish with a bang;)

Bad day for India. I feel Australia are on top now. They scored slowly with a purpose, but come tomorrow, they're going to blast away the runs and put India under a lot of pressure.

Missed RP Singh's reverse swing with the old ball. He would have been a handful for Ponting and Clarke coming around the wicket. Unfortunately Irfan didn't have the pace and the spinners were ineffective, especially Harbhajan.

I think it's time for India to look beyond Harbhajan in terms of the future of spin bowling. This guy gets all the conditions he wants and he cannot do a thing. Even Sehwag could get spin and bounce but Harbhajan just runs up and bowls without any spin or zip off the wicket.

I didnt even feel at any point that India were behind. The scoring was too slow. Hayden says the India's bowling was wide and negative. That itself tells me that the Australian approach has changed drastically. They change their preferrence on winning according to history. Had it been at Perth, they would have gone for it knowing that a win would secure them their 17th record victory. But now, they are happy with a draw that would secure them a 2-1 series victory. Clearly in my opinion, WE HAVE CHANGED THE WAY THE AUSSIES THINK!!!! That itself is a big big victory according to me. I can see them respecting us in the way they have approached this innings.

Not too long until the India's start falling too, sid.

There are some who hope that India's trio start falling. Thats when we can give the youngsters a taste of hardcore international cricket. Seeing the way Yuvraj and Dhoni have performed, our domestic system is useless in hardening them for the international vigors and our youngsters have to cope up with failures in international cricket and only then can they learn.

I still dont rule out a positive result for either sides. 3 wickets only taken would have meant Australia are on top but their scoring rate has kept India still in the hunt. A few quick wickets tomorrow can still tilt the game in India's favor. If we get a lead of 100 odd, we can still get 150-200 odd and set a target of 250-300 which will test Australia in the 2nd innings. Or Australia can come out tomorrow all guns blazing (if they change their approach) and get to India's total by the 2nd session and declare, get India all out for 150 odd and then chase it down.

BUT THE DRAW LOOKS MOST LIKELY NOW!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread