India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hayden went also. Indeed. I'd be surprised if an Indian retired a little bit. You'd kind of expect them to do it at home, but it must be a good time. Probably after the South Africa series i'd say we'll see a few go. At least one. Probably Ganguly but maybe Dravid as well.

In fact I just read a cricinfo quote that Hayden is staying in. He's probably safe.

The difference between good players and great players is the timing of their retirement. They walk away at their own terms before people asking too many questions such as why someone is still playing. I think Gilchrist did the right thing like Warne, Lara and others.

This match is a draw, 17 Australian wickets and possibly 10 Indian wickets, I oubt so many many wickets will come in the apce of 2 days....

Anyways sad to see Adam Gilchrist retiring.

India might find it difficult with RP Singh who has been ruled out of the rest of this test and the ODI series. The wicket is turning for the spinners and quite sharply so there is a chance of bowling out Australia.
I think Kumble was still too defensive and could of had Australia in trouble if he'd been a bit more attacking.
Istant Sharma was very impressive and that ball with removed Hayden was a beauty. He looks a very good prospect for the future.
I think the spinners didn't bowl as well as they could of done with Kumble (who shouldn't of gone round the wicket as long as he should) and Harbhajan (who at time bowled too short and gave Hayden room to cut).

Australia have still got away to go to get to India's total so they will need one big effort from both batsmen and bowlers to win this one. Unless they have that effort, they must play for the draw.

Won't be bothering to stay up late today seing as this match isn't going anywhere....:(

It will be a draw unless one team does something mind-blowing, ie, India bowling them all out before lunch, score a quickfire 250 runs and then bowl Australia out again. Or Australia get 400 quick runs and then bowl India out for under 100.

Very unlikely.

Australia seem content with getting a draw and securing the series. They don't have a record to go for, so I guess the hunger to win even in "dead rubbers" is gone...
Meh :|

Punter, you absolute legend. That innings shows why he is still the best batsman in international cricket today.

Come back to me when Ponting stops getting out the first ball he faces Harbhajan and increases his average this series past 22.

Hello pal
smirk.gif

It was a good knock, but it has to go down as one of the ugliest hundreds i've ever seen. You could call it "battling" but, you're kind of kidding yourself. A battle from the second best/best/whatever batsman int he world against a raw, 19 year old, no ball addict fast bowler from India? Hmm.

Ganguly's hundred against Zimbabwe is one that is quite similar to this knock.

Sorry to see Gilly go. He was a good attacking player, and this recent drought is a disservice to his great career.

BTW, Does Mitchell Johnson have a tongue ring?

_44383231_worldcupagain416.jpg

Only chicks have tongue rings...unless Johnson likes to placate others' Johnsons.

Only chicks have tongue rings...unless likes to Johnson placate others' Johnsons.

I think it's the most disgusting thing for people to have "extra" piercings, meaning everything except the ears. For dudes too that's a stretch.

Especially on the tongues - it keeps bobbing every time they talk, and it's the only thing i can look at......

Ewwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread