India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Dhoni drops dravid from the team, and yet uses him as a ballboy.
God I hate him.

Come on Rohit, Dhoni didnt drop Dravid. He was out for the Pakistan ODI's itself.

Where's Ishant? I feel he should come in. Harbhajan has been ineffective and luckless here

come on bro...you have to be kidding considering all of the calls from you guys regarding how you are the powerhouse of cricket with all the billions of people and the money you have...that is ridiculous how you can pin our greatness on our system...do u not have nets and cricket balls in india?...surely with your logic you must have the better chance of being successful? maybe we just aim a little higher than most? did you ever hear anything but critisim from warne about our system? but back on track...there aint a team in cricket who can pull out such awesome performances so consistently when the pressure is on like australia....any other team after copping such unfounded flack and chasing down a first innings total of over 500 would've been following on by now....including india. we can make even the biggest of challenges look a breeze when we put our heads down.

Dude get over yourself. Australia have been blessed with great cricketers during this period. In the future (possibly in three to five to ten years) a new nation will take top spot because a lot of good players are coming in. Australia in 1995 were a joke. It was once Taylor handed Steve Waugh the side did Australian cricket change. A lot of factors changed the way Australia played and which made them world champions. In the late 80s no one would even believe west indies would go down so badly after twenty years of dominance. For all we know England could be world beaters in ten years considering how well their twenty year olds are doing. Certainly Australia were quite poor (no where near world beaters) in the early to mid 1990s but they had youth on their side. So many similar factors can change the way cricket is played in another nation.

Ishanth comes in.
Ishant-Bhajji combo right now. If he can get some pace and bounce early, he may get a few wickets behind the stumps.
I've really been impressed by this bloke. He should give Sreesanth a run for him money.

What do you mean no? Channel 9 replayed it over and over again, how am i supposed to get a clip.

I didn't catch it. Was it for the bat pad catch or was it for the LBW thing?
I've known Dinesh for a few years (My grandma is his mom's friend) and he comes over for dinner all the time. He isn't the guy who does such things :S

Last edited:
Kartik should get a fine for that. I wouldn't say a ban considering Mcgrath did it to Sarwan and got a fifty percent fine. And he got sarwan on the bat or something. Kumble should apologise to Clarke. It certainly was one bloke breaking the good behaviour.

Ishanth comes in.
Ishant-Bhajji combo right now. If he can get some pace and bounce early, he may get a few wickets behind the stumps.
I've really been impressed by this bloke. He should give Sreesanth a run for him money.

I didn't catch it. Was it for the bat pad catch or was it for the LBW thing?
I've known Dinesh for a few years (My grandma is his mom's friend) and he comes over for dinner all the time. He isn't the guy who does such things :S

It was the bat pad one. As they were walking of the field, kartik was staring down Clarke and spat in front of where Clarke was walking.

It was the bat pad one. As they were walking of the field, kartik was staring down Clarke and spat in front of where Clarke was walking.

If he did that, he needs to be punished appropriately.

But I cant believe Dinesh did that. He is a very good bloke with a cool head on his shoulders. I would want to watch it before I make further comments

Bring back Sharama and India look a lot more likely of taking a wicket.
Bit late but awesome 100 for Clarke started the series slowly but has kicked back into gear now.

If he did that, he needs to be punished appropriately.

But I cant believe Dinesh did that. He is a very good bloke with a cool head on his shoulders. I would want to watch it before I make further comments

Nah he did do it. And it is as bad as these aussies make it sound (generally we fans exagerate but not this time). Kartik should be punished. Idiot. Thank god he's 22. Had he been older i would've dropped him then and there. I want sehwag and Sharma. Sehwag has a knack for getting wickets in bunches....

I don't know if you will see it again. Maybe if Australia made a big deal about it which i doubt they would. I think the Australians are sick of all this drama and don't care what the Indians do to us now, we can't win.

His mom's a really strict lady. She'll give him a good talking to if he did do it.

He better watch out... Lol.

Geeze, you keep playing that World Cup card. Sure, it's a great achievement. But I don't see how you can compare personal achievements to team achievements. Theres not a stat option for "World Cup's won".

Ponting may have been in a team that had won three WC's, but Tendulkar has been the most successful batsman on that stage.

And even the Don said that the only batsman that batted with a similar prowess to his own was Tendulkar.

c'mon mate, give it a break...sachin aint no bradman or ponting. a truly great player achieves personal greatness that helps the team win..not saying sachin aint great...he is...but skill stands out more in an ordinary team than in a quality team. he aint no more a worry than the pietersens or yousefs of the world...until you make your team great you can't be considered great...the don won series single handedly, as has ponting many a time...and hayden for that fact....sachin makes india's losses more flattering than they should be. certainly one of the greats...but this is a team game and you don't retire looking at how many hundreds you have...you retire looking at how many times you've pulled out a big hundred to win a big series.....maybe hes a victim of circumstance but statistics will leave him lagging behind in the long run.

c'mon mate, give it a break...sachin aint no bradman or ponting. a truly great player achieves personal greatness that helps the team win..not saying sachin aint great...he is...but skill stands out more in an ordinary team than in a quality team. he aint no more a worry than the pietersens or yousefs of the world...until you make your team great you can't be considered great...the don won series single handedly, as has ponting many a time...and hayden for that fact....sachin makes india's losses more flattering than they should be. certainly one of the greats...but this is a team game and you don't retire looking at how many hundreds you have...you retire looking at how many times you've pulled out a big hundred to win a big series.....maybe hes a victim of circumstance but statistics will leave him lagging behind in the long run.

Another factor is that Ponting never faced his own bowlers, who are arguably the best in the game, while Tendulkar did with successes.

Let's not make this another Ponting vs Tendulkar thread. There are already plenty of em.

You under estimating Tendulkar. He has been a fantastic player, at this stage probaly a bit better than Ponting, but Ponting has a few years left in him so its impossible to compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread