Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is my starting line-up for the SCG:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwg
3) Sachin Tendulkar - We need someone at the top of the order to play some strokes and get us running for god sake...
4) Rahul Dravid - Well lets just hope 2 quick wickets dont fall :rolleyes:
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) Mahendra Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan - Provides batting depth and consistency with the ball
9) Anil Kumble C
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Harbhajan Singh

I've only picked Harbhajan because of the spinning pitch otherwise I would have picked Ishant Sharma...

You need a 3rd seamer I reckon.

Nah, Ganguly will do, besides the spinners will come on from the 10th over or so then the seamers will hardly get a look in until te new ball comes, and hopefully the aussie innings won't last that long :p, probably will though...

Punters going to turn in big here. Revenge time, lets brace ourselves.
550 odd in the 1st innings from Australia, we put up 400, they get a lead of 500, same state as in the MCG...

But this time, Karthik plays, gets a quadruple hundred, and we win :)

Nah, Ganguly will do, besides the spinners will come on from the 10th over or so then the seamers will hardly get a look in until te new ball comes, and hopefully the aussie innings won't last that long :p, probably will though...
Lol at the thought of using Ganguly as the 3rd seamer against the Aussies!

This is the ideal line-up:

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. Dinesh Karthik+
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Anil Kumble*
10. Zaheer Khan
11. RP Singh

However, I feel we are more likely to go with the following line-up, where Yuvi is replaced by an opener, if we decide to drop Yuvi:

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Dinesh Karthik
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni+
8. Anil Kumble*
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Zaheer Khan
11. RP Singh

I'm afraid that Kumble won't drop Harbhajan and furthermore he won't play a real opener. I hope he does, on both counts, though.

Last edited:
My avatar freakin' pwns.

Anyways, I totally agree with Sohum's lineup. I wouldn't mind the "realistic" lineup, either. Only thing, Dravid at 6, Laxman at 3.

This is the ideal line-up:

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virender Sehwag
6. VVS Laxman
7. Dinesh Karthik+
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Anil Kumble*
10. Zaheer Khan
11. RP Singh

However, I feel we are more likely to go with the following line-up, where Yuvi is replaced by an opener, if we decide to drop Yuvi:

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Dinesh Karthik
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni+
8. Anil Kumble*
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Zaheer Khan
11. RP Singh

I'm afraid that Kumble won't drop Harbhajan and furthermore he won't play a real opener. I hope he does, on both counts, though.

C'mon, you cant love him that much;)

Man if Aussies got 16 games win, that would be really kool for em' I hope they don't :p.

Ok, here is my starting line-up for the SCG:

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Virender Sehwg
3) Sachin Tendulkar - We need someone at the top of the order to play some strokes and get us running for god sake...
4) Rahul Dravid - Well lets just hope 2 quick wickets dont fall :rolleyes:
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) Mahendra Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan - Provides batting depth and consistency with the ball
9) Anil Kumble C
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Harbhajan Singh

I've only picked Harbhajan because of the spinning pitch otherwise I would have picked Ishant Sharma...

Rahul Dravid is my hero. He gotto win it for India. :clap

Last edited:
C'mon, you cant love him that much;)
You're right. It's probably that Monk laying on his magical abilities. Actually, it's probably that New Year's celebration. ;)

Anyhow, I'll edit it and replace the second Monk with one helping of Sourav Ganguly.

You're right. It's probably that Monk laying on his magical abilities. Actually, it's probably that New Year's celebration. ;)

Anyhow, I'll edit it and replace the second Monk with one helping of Sourav Ganguly.
Hahaha, fair enough.

Indian fans, surely you guys need a 3rd paceman? Its ok if you have a decent all-rounder in your team. But you guys don't. Ganguly surely can't be looked upon to take the ball as the 3rd seamer.

Oh yes he can, he is much more orthodox, thats all.

Dhoni swings his bat like a mad man and gets it with pure brutality, Karthik has class. I suggest you look the his Challenger Trophy Hundred for his aggression. I'd post a link, but I can't.

Besides you don't need to go nuts in a Test.

You dont need to go nuts in a test, but Dhoni isnt a fool to play like an ODI in a test. When the conditions are good and when you are in full flow, its great if you can go nuts. Dhoni is being groomed for the captaincy job, and you cant drop him when he needs this tour to become a complete batsman (as Greg Chappell said). Dhoni has shown a matured head many times, and with experience he has the capability to turn out to be a far superior batsman than many others for India. Even in the ODI's, he started off in slam bang fashion, and with more responsibility, he started playing the waiting game before turning the screws on.

Hahaha, fair enough.

Indian fans, surely you guys need a 3rd paceman? Its ok if you have a decent all-rounder in your team. But you guys don't. Ganguly surely can't be looked upon to take the ball as the 3rd seamer.

Yeah, I too hear that the virgin wicket at SCG could favor the pacemen more now. That will become a tricky call. I would then select Ishant Sharma for Harbhajan Singh and as usual, replace Irfan with RP Singh (as I had indicated in my final XI a few posts ago).

Last edited:
thsi would be my line-up
1.dravid
2.sehwag
3.laxman
4.sachin
5.ganguly
6.yuvraj
7.dhoni
8.pathan/murli karthik
9.kumble
10.zaheer
11.rp.singh

i would drop jaffer coz i dont him making many runs in this series and yuvraj is an impact player,and i would either play pathan or murliu karthik depending on the pitch condition.

Hahaha, fair enough.

I guess Pathan is a decent all-rounder as long as the wicket helps him a bit. I guess he is kind of like our Shane Watson. :D Ganguly cannot be looked at as a 3rd seamer. Maybe a 5th or 6th option, at best.

Yeah, I too hear that the virgin wicket at SCG could favor the pacemen more now. That will become a tricky call. I would then select Ishant Sharma for Harbhajan Singh and as usual, replace Irfan with RP Singh (as I had indicated in my final XI a few posts ago).
I would still keep RP in and replace Bhajji with Irfan. I don't think Ishant has the goods to succeed in international cricket at the moment. Of course, I'd loved to be proved wrong. :)

thsi would be my line-up
1.dravid
2.sehwag
3.laxman
4.sachin
5.ganguly
6.yuvraj
7.dhoni
8.pathan/murli karthik
9.kumble
10.zaheer
11.rp.singh

i would drop jaffer coz i dont him making many runs in this series and yuvraj is an impact player,and i would either play pathan or murliu karthik depending on the pitch condition.
I actually think you have made our batting weaker. By playing one non-regular opener and one opener who has been in bad touch, you are almost definitely ensuring that are opening combination fails. Jaffer has been in pretty solid touch and he has enough good scores behind him, both overseas and domestic, to justify his position up top. Drop Dravid down to number 3, definitely, and forget about the Yuvraj-mania for a month or two because he hasn't yet developed the technique to survive in Test matches in Australia.

Last edited:
I actually think you have made our batting weaker. By playing one non-regular opener and one opener who has been in bad touch, you are almost definitely ensuring that are opening combination fails. Jaffer has been in pretty solid touch and he has enough good scores behind him, both overseas and domestic, to justify his position up top. Drop Dravid down to number 3, definitely, and forget about the Yuvraj-mania for a month or two because he hasn't yet developed the technique to survive in Test matches in Australia.

jaffer has been in good touch but dont see him doing anything of notice in australia so i 'd rather take a punt on yuvraj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread