India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes he can, he is much more orthodox, thats all.

Dhoni swings his bat like a mad man and gets it with pure brutality, Karthik has class. I suggest you look the his Challenger Trophy Hundred for his aggression. I'd post a link, but I can't.

Besides you don't need to go nuts in a Test.

well i agree dhoni is not a class player he like to go hard at the ball where karthik is much better i think karthik is much better than dhoni in test because of his game where on the other side dhoni plays like one day game i mean he goes at every wide ball and get a nic he needs to change his gameplan to become a good test player

karthik deserves a place in the test side. he was good in england but failed against pakistan but by looking jaffer performance jaffer didnt look that good so i would say jaffer should be rested and karthik given a chance

I would still keep RP in and replace Bhajji with Irfan. I don't think Ishant has the goods to succeed in international cricket at the moment. Of course, I'd loved to be proved wrong. :)

That would mean we will have three left armers in the side, and I wouldnt want that to happen as we need different angles.

That would mean we will have three left armers in the side, and I wouldnt want that to happen as we need different angles.

Zaheer is more then a handful going around the wicket. Plus, the Aussies are not the strongest against the left handers.

well i agree dhoni is not a class player he like to go hard at the ball where karthik is much better i think karthik is much better than dhoni in test because of his game where on the other side dhoni plays like one day game i mean he goes at every wide ball and get a nic he needs to change his gameplan to become a good test player

karthik deserves a place in the test side. he was good in england but failed against pakistan but by looking jaffer performance jaffer didnt look that good so i would say jaffer should be rested and karthik given a chance

Lets put all these arguments to rest and see what the team decides on the combination. I am pretty sure that if we have Dravid, then we need some one at the other end who has to keep things moving at a good pace. If it means Jaffer has to play an unusual role of the aggressor, so be it. For Dravid to stay in for long periods in the crease without scoring much, the other end needs to do it really fast.

Lets put all these arguments to rest and see what the team decides on the combination. I am pretty sure that if we have Dravid, then we need some one at the other end who has to keep things moving at a good pace. If it means Jaffer has to play an unusual role of the aggressor, so be it. For Dravid to stay in for long periods in the crease without scoring much, the other end needs to do it really fast.

That wont work. It would work if Dravid rotates the strike, but he doesn't do that.

You can't have an aggressor with someone who isn't picking the single to give him the strike. Both Jaffer and Dravid looked terrible and neither played anywhere near good enough to open the batting against Australia. You guys all seem convinced that Jaffer deserves his place in the team, so fair enough, but i tell you, if the Indian selectors have the same opening partnership, Australia will be licking their lips!

What about Karthik or Gambhir?

I think Sehwag would be a bad option.

jaffer has been in good touch but dont see him doing anything of notice in australia so i 'd rather take a punt on yuvraj.
The openers are the most important batsmen in an innings. If we sacrifice that because we are obsessed with Yuvraj Singh, we will end up with many batting performances similar to the one in Melbourne.

They're all different. Irfan is a swing bowler, Zaheer is more of a hit the deck bowler with a bit of reverse-swing and RP is more of a reverse-swing bowler who gets a bit of movement.

Hope to god India bat first tomorrow as I am going on the 2nd day. Will be quite gutted if Australia bat first...
Why? They'd probably be batting through the second day, anyway.

Last edited:
In bowling department sreesanth is really missing.He is suited best for austrilian pitches.His agression is needed to get some early wickets

if we bring in sehwag to the squad,we can drop baaji and pick pathan instead of him bcause sehwag is a pretty good off spinner

Last edited:
That wont work. It would work if Dravid rotates the strike, but he doesn't do that.

You can't have an aggressor with someone who isn't picking the single to give him the strike. Both Jaffer and Dravid looked terrible and neither played anywhere near good enough to open the batting against Australia. You guys all seem convinced that Jaffer deserves his place in the team, so fair enough, but i tell you, if the Indian selectors have the same opening partnership, Australia will be licking their lips!

What about Karthik or Gambhir?

I think Sehwag would be a bad option.

Completely agree. While Sehwag wacks the ball out of the ground he isn't the strongest runner between wickets. Kartik and Sehwag are a bad mix as a result as Kartik (judging by his English tour) runs well between wickets and seemed to look for gaps to turn strike. I'm not sure Gambhir (is he in the squad) is like Kartik. I haven't really watched him closely.

Either dravid or Jaffer have to go from the openning slot (obviously to fascilitate Sehwag/Kartik) and i personally would remove Dravid from the openning slot. Jaffer in fairness looked good as he played the hook shot, drove, glanced in his 15. You can see form there. With Dravid you can't. In all honesty i don't care who the opener is (kartik/sehwag) as either is a gamble and a knee jerk reaction to such a poor performance in the MCG. Whatever they pick i hope it works out.

Last edited:
Hope to god India bat first tomorrow as I am going on the 2nd day. Will be quite gutted if Australia bat first...

Nah mate. I want Aussies to bat first and hopefully Pup can still be in and I can watch Pup cuz I'm going 2nd day.. But if we bat on the 2nd day I could probably see Pup anyway.

Completely agree. While Sehwag wacks the ball out of the ground he isn't the strongest runner between wickets. Kartik and Sehwag are a bad mix as a result as Kartik (judging by his English tour) runs well between wickets and seemed to look for gaps to turn strike. I'm not sure Gambhir (is he in the squad) is like Kartik. I haven't really watched him closely.

Either dravid or Jaffer have to go from the openning slot (obviously to fascilitate Sehwag/Kartik) and i personally would remove Dravid from the openning slot. Jaffer in fairness looked good as he played the hook shot, drove, glanced in his 15. You can see form there. With Dravid you can't. In all honesty i don't care who the opener is (kartik/sehwag) as either is a gamble and a knee jerk reaction to such a poor performance in the MCG. Whatever they pick i hope it works out.

Sehwag is not a bad runner. He is a pretty good runner. He makes small silly mistakes like not grounding the bat, etc. But his running speed is pretty good.

Why? They'd probably be batting through the second day, anyway.

Are you trying to be pessimistic in the hope that you're proved wrong (which would taste better)?

Last edited:
Nah mate. I want Aussies to bat first and hopefully Pup can still be in and I can watch Pup cuz I'm going 2nd day.. But if we bat on the 2nd day I could probably see Pup anyway.
So? If India bat first tomorrow then then theres a 90% chance that you're going to see him bat on the 2nd day but if Australia bat 1st tomorrow then the chances are he'll already be out and we'll have to watch the Indians bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread