India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i agree dhoni is not a class player he like to go hard at the ball where karthik is much better i think karthik is much better than dhoni in test because of his game where on the other side dhoni plays like one day game i mean he goes at every wide ball and get a nic he needs to change his gameplan to become a good test player

karthik deserves a place in the test side. he was good in england but failed against pakistan but by looking jaffer performance jaffer didnt look that good so i would say jaffer should be rested and karthik given a chance

IMHO, Karthik failed at keeping last series. He needs a breather, but he can get in as a batsmen. Dhoni did quite well keeping this last Test.

So? If India bat first tomorrow then then theres a 90% chance that you're going to see him bat on the 2nd day but if Australia bat 1st tomorrow then the chances are he'll already be out and we'll have to watch the Indians bat.

Yeah, but many times Clarke and Hussey or Symonds is still batting on the 2nd day but I see your point, I just wanna see Clarkey get a hundred :D

Completely agree. While Sehwag wacks the ball out of the ground he isn't the strongest runner between wickets. Kartik and Sehwag are a bad mix as a result as Kartik (judging by his English tour) runs well between wickets and seemed to look for gaps to turn strike. I'm not sure Gambhir (is he in the squad) is like Kartik. I haven't really watched him closely.

Either dravid or Jaffer have to go from the openning slot (obviously to fascilitate Sehwag/Kartik) and i personally would remove Dravid from the openning slot. Jaffer in fairness looked good as he played the hook shot, drove, glanced in his 15. You can see form there. With Dravid you can't. In all honesty i don't care who the opener is (kartik/sehwag) as either is a gamble and a knee jerk reaction to such a poor performance in the MCG. Whatever they pick i hope it works out.

Yeah, I agree, that'd satisfy me.

I think for certain, Dravid has to go from there.. and they will probably give him one game at 3 and if he still looks as negative, flick him. Also, if you put him down Yuvraj goes..

1.Jaffer
2.Karthik/Sehwag
3.Laxman
4.Tendulkar
5.Ganguly
6.Yuvraj

I personally reckon Dravid should be out completely. Couldn't see any reason to put him at 3.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree, that'd satisfy me.

I think for certain, Dravid has to go from there.. and they will probably give him one game at 3 and if he still looks as negative, flick him. Also, if you put him down Yuvraj goes..

1.Jaffer
2.Karthik/Sehwag
3.Laxman
4.Tendulkar
5.Ganguly
6.Yuvraj

I personally reckon Dravid should be out completely. Couldn't see any reason to put him at 3.
Dravid is the best number 3 in India and the second-best in the world (after Ponting, obviously). I would pick Dravid over Yuvraj in my test team any day.

Dravid is the best number 3 in India and the second-best in the world (after Ponting, obviously). I would pick Dravid over Yuvraj in my test team any day.

You think Dravid will do any better at first drop? Stop going of his reputation, pussys do that, and you aint a pussy.The guy can't bat at the moment buddy

Picture this scenario.. Jaffer and Karthik are opening.. They are batting pretty slowly and they are 0/20 after 11 overs. Jaffer edges one behind.. In walks Dravid! IN ALL HIS CURRENT FORM GLORY

Jeez, I'd rather ANY number 3 in the world and I really mean that ANY number 3 in the world walking to the crease instead of the extremely under par Dravid.

Unless he has somehow, and hopefully he has, gotten back into his normal self and proves me wrong, and hopefully does, his career will be ended by the Australians.

You have to go on past record at times. As they say class is permanent. Dravid has shown time and time again that he's one of India's best batsmen, and it'd take more than 2 series to prove to anyone that he's completely lost it.

You have to go on past record at times. As they say class is permanent. Dravid has shown time and time again that he's one of India's best batsmen, and it'd take more than 2 series to prove to anyone that he's completely lost it.

No you don't! Dravid looked like rubbish, and his playing like utter rubbish, most likely he'll play like utter rubbish tomorrow.

Every player hits a damn form slump, and when they do, they have to regain their confidence and get back to their best.

If Dravid plays like that again, he doesn't deserve to be in the team. I don't care if you are Donald god damn Bradman, if you can't score runs and stuff your team up (which is what Dravid did in the first test) along the way, you don't deserve to be in the team.

I really hope the great man gets his form back, his a legend, but lets be honest. If he plays badly this test.. Well it wont look good will it mate.

Wow! Nice find manee..

Haha, that is a MASSIVE blow.

Well, how is one supposed to find form if he isn't playing ??? I'm praying that Zaheer gets to play. Please...let him play ! Pathan is nowhere near as good.

No you don't! Dravid looked like rubbish, and his playing like utter rubbish, most likely he'll play like utter rubbish tomorrow.

Every player hits a damn form slump, and when they do, they have to regain their confidence and get back to their best.

If Dravid plays like that again, he doesn't deserve to be in the team. I don't care if you are Donald god damn Bradman, if you can't score runs and stuff your team up (which is what Dravid did in the first test) along the way, you don't deserve to be in the team.

I really hope the great man gets his form back, his a legend, but lets be honest. If he plays badly this test.. Well it wont look good will it mate.

Wow! Nice find manee..

Haha, that is a MASSIVE blow.

Would have to agree with that. Dravid doesn't even look like an international player. Even Stuart Clark looked more like a batsman.

If the team doesn't perform, then either Dravid will lack confidence or he has to step up to the Australian side and it would be nice to see Pathan get a game in.

Well, how is one supposed to find form if he isn't playing ??? I'm praying that Zaheer gets to play. Please...let him play ! Pathan is nowhere near as good.

Oh! I see! What a valid point you just made.. Keep him in the team! Keep him scoring 10 runs of 50 balls, and by the end of the tour.. Well he just WOULDN'T HAVE A CONFIDENCE! What a terrific idea, destroy Dravid permanently!

In a more mature answer to your question: He waits until the end of the tour and goes back to first class cricket. Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Clark, Ganguly..They've all done this and came back better.

Last edited:
With Zaheer potentially out of the series (no news on this, but foot injuries don't heel quickly:D), the rumours about calling up Munaf Patel and/or Ajit Agarkar and/or Sreesanth for the Perth Test may have to become a reality.

I am so against Irfan Pathan opening the batting. Whether it works or not is irrelevant. India should choose their best opening batsmen from domestic cricket to go through the Zonal/A team/ODI system and prove themselves to open and then into Test matches. Wasim Jaffer, Aakash Chopra, Gautham Gambhir, even Sehwag's past achievements can put him into contention, but it is just foolish to get an all rounder who has opened perhaps half a dozen times before to open in Test cricket.

My lineup for the 2nd test:

Karthik
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Pathan
Kumble
Harbhajan
Zaheer (if unfit then RP Singh)
Ishant Sharma

I know its highly unlikely. But I don't want Dhoni to play Test Cricket at the moment. Bringing Karthik in will also bring in an opener.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread