India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes 2006/7

Adelaide, final day.

What did England do? Play for a draw. What ahppened? We were smashed.

Lesson learnt.

Just watch India win this match now

I expect this to happen though. :p

Ashes 2006/7

Adelaide, final day.

Lesson learnt.

That Ashes scenario is different. It was looking like, the hard work and efforts which England applied for Ashes in England was not even 50% present when they(England) came to Australia.

I still say bowling(excluding Kumble) is our weakest department to work on for the furture. Irish pace bowlers are better :p

I dont think your bowling is anything to worry about, Zaheer, Rp Singh, Sreesanth and Kumble is a good enough attack to take 10 wickets an innings. Then if you have a few overs from Sachin and Ganguly you have a decent enough attack imo. You also have Harbhajan, Sharma and Pathan as back-up, i dont think India have anything to worry about personally, it's just that Australia are stupidly good.

That Ashes scenario is different. It was looking like, the hard work and efforts which England applied for Ashes in England was not even 50% present when they(England) came to Australia.

The team threw everything they had at Australia during that match, absolutely everything. We let our guard down for one miserable day and paid the price. If India do that, the same will happen.

I would say that defeat did more damage mentally to a number of players than losing the series itself 5-0.

I was reading the cricinfo article where this line shocked me :eek:

But with Sehwag left out and the decision to open with Rahul Dravid not a success in Melbourne, it could be Yuvraj Singh that misses out as India re-jig the combination. In that case, Pathan could even be asked to open the batting.

@ cricinfo

They expect Pathan to bowl his heart out and then open the batting to face the music :p

i really want pathan to play but thats asking too much. i read that aswell.

IF India go into this match thinking like that, they may as well go home because they will get smashed off the face of the earth. You simply can't go into a match against Australia thinking like that.

I feel that that is an overused cliche and one which is misunderstood. By going for the draw, I mean piling the runs onto the board without the use of 'sporting declarations', nor overly agressive play, I am not talking about starting off with five men on the boundary.

Do you really expect Pathan, RP Singh, Harbhajan and Kumble to bowl out Australia twice?! If Zaheer Khan plays, go for the usual plan, but piling runs on the board is the only way to protect a defeat with that four man attack.

where is indias 13 man squad.

I think Ishant is the 13th man, but I guarantee you that this will be the team (no batting order, just a rough idea in that category).

Jaffer
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhoni (wk.)
Kumble (capt.)
Harbhajan
Zaheer/Pathan*
RP Singh

*If Zaheer is fit, he will play. If not, Pathan will play and will perhaps open, but as I say, anything about the batting order is speculation.

For England, that will be the case, but India have the batting line up to go in with the intention of batting first, scoring 500 in the first innings and makimg Australia chase the game, putting the loss almost out of the option, putting the win at a secondary focus and making a draw most likely.

Last edited:
Jaffer
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhoni (wk.)
Kumble (capt.)
Harbhajan
Zaheer/Pathan*
RP Singh

Talking about the batting order i would like to see Yuvraj opening the batting tomorrow along with Jaffer as Dravid is struggling and the left-right opening combination might work well for India.

i really think that i pathan has to play.

yuvraj with the new ball. i dont think that will work.

Last edited:
Talking about the batting order i would like to see Yuvraj opening the batting tomorrow along with Jaffer as Dravid is struggling and the left-right opening combination might work well for India.

Definately not. In one day and Test matches, he has shown weakness against the new ball.

If Pathan gets a chance tomorrow then he will surely try his level best to seal his place in the team by performing well. ;)

Pathan is certainly a hard worker. He will have to out think the Australians though with subtle variations as well as consistent accuracy if he plays.

Last edited:

Yuvi.. definitely its another suicide in exposing Yuvi to new ball. Moreover, its Test cricket where strategies come into play.. Opener's main responsibility is to take the shine off the new ball like what Hayden does. Yuvi is still to cope up with test levels. This is where players like Sehwag are much needed for team. Unfortunately he got rusted. I wouldn't be suprised if Sehwag and Dravid opens all of a sudden tomorrow. :p

Pathan is certainly a hard worker. He will have to out think the Australians though with subtle variations as well as consistent accuracy if he plays.

Why don't that hard worker try to bring back his deadly swing rather than depending on accuracy alone? With just accuracy( with which he had returned back to ODI levels), he can play well in ODIs but he is unlikely to be successful in test level.

Why don't that hard worker try to bring back his deadly swing rather than depending on accuracy alone?

I take it that you are not a bowler. In swing for a left armer is a hard art to perfect and an even harder one to retain. He can't just wish it back.

I take it that you are not a bowler. In swing for a left armer is a hard art to perfect and an even harder one to retain. He can't just wish it back.

But its not a thing which he is going to try as a new thing to get. Pathan became popular with his deadly swings. I still remember the way he got rid of Yousuf Youhana.. amazing deliveries! Compared to Aussie pace bowling attack, our pace bowling is not even worth half of their strength... With Zaheer likely to be out in tom's game, situation is turning even more horrible.

Alert :- Swing bowlers are lost from Indian cricket side? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread