India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jordox on the 9th January
There is a difference between optimism and downright stupid. Expecting for India to beat Australia at Perth is stupid, I'm sorry it is.

It does not look so stupid now.

Very big of you to go back 2 weeks ago to drag up that line. How long did that take you? Just for a little cheap dig at someone. Should i go back and find all the Indian posts that said they would win for the first two tests and have cheap shots at them?

Originally Posted by jordox on the 9th January

Very big of you to go back 2 weeks ago to drag up that line. How long did that take you? Just for a little cheap dig at someone. Should i go back and find all the Indian posts that said they would win for the first two tests and have cheap shots at them?

Yes you should. Then you can proove to us how vindictive you are and to what extent you will go to make a point.

Funny, I thought that generalizing an entire country on the actions of a few was hardly a constructive opinion. I never knew that constructive opinions only consist of pathetic and thinly veiled sarcasm aimed to denigrate someone rather than talk about the subject at hand (cricket)...well here's my constructive opinion, hope you enjoy it.

I was commenting on somebody's post, something they wrote. This is a forum after all. And yet you have done the same thing back to me now. I have a dig at someone, you have a dig at someone, blah blah blah. My opinions are based on what I see. What your media shows me. If I can be shown otherwise, I will change my views. I dont see many Indian supporters showing rational thought over the 2nd test. And the person I was talking about in the post didn't either. Quit trying to take the high road, you'll only embarrass yourself.

Yes you should. Then you can proove to us how vindictive you are and to what extent you will go to make a point.

Im not Indian.

Last edited:
Well I hope Australia drops Tait. Which is unfortunate, but he's been bowling crap. He's great when he's in form. Also can't wait to have Hayden back, he will add stability to the top order. (No pressure Haydos) And get hogg back I think.

Yea you make a good point there, I would try Hussey he too can bowl medium pace, his fielding is up there and he has the FC form to back that up.

Gilly 100s are becoming few and far between these days, how much longer do we persist given Haddin is making them all over the place atm.
Hussey is an off-spinner, but he's not bad either, Brad Hodge bowls regularly for Australia and Hussey bowls more than him for Victoria now.

I was commenting on somebody's post, something they wrote. This is a forum after all. And yet you have done the same thing back to me now. I have a dig at someone, you have a dig at someone, blah blah blah. My opinions are based on what I see. What your media shows me. If I can be shown otherwise, I will change my views. I dont see many Indian supporters showing rational thought over the 2nd test. And the person I was talking about in the post didn't either. Quit trying to take the high road, you'll only embarrass yourself.

I see you understand mockery quite well.
Im not Indian.

I could call you a racist...maybe I will. You've directly classified an entire group of people for the actions of a few...pretty racist to me.

No but please continue, I'm really enjoying these tirades. It's like I don't have to actually say anything for you to make your points look foolish!

Gilchrist is an interesting one...i have a feeling he's eventually going to have to be pushed because he hasnt been showing any signs of wanting to quit anytime soon. And lets face it his batting has fallen away in the past 3 years.

I'm happy to keep Gilly in the side if we are scoring runs, but if his batting has to be relied on while Stuart Clark and Mitchell Johnson are batting better than him, then it's time to bring in Haddin. Drop Symonds for Hussey, and Gilly can probably stay.

I'm happy to keep Gilly in the side if we are scoring runs, but if his batting has to be relied on while Stuart Clark and Mitchell Johnson are batting better than him, then it's time to bring in Haddin. Drop Symonds for Hussey, and Gilly can probably stay.

Drop Symonds? No way man.

I see you understand mockery quite well.

I could call you a racist...maybe I will. You've directly classified an entire group of people for the actions of a few...pretty racist to me.

No but please continue, I'm really enjoying these tirades. It's like I don't have to actually say anything for you to make your points look foolish!

Leave it man, he just wants you to react to get his cheap thrills.

And you can't drop Symonds. He's a legend, and in good form.

Last edited:

Drop Symonds for Hussey?...that's rubbish talk.

Hussey is an off-spinner, but he's not bad either, Brad Hodge bowls regularly for Australia and Hussey bowls more than him for Victoria now.

Don't know on Hodge he seems to have a flaw in his technique with the ball just outside off stump which will be exposed very quickly in the international arena.
Never knew that with Hussey, very effective off spin then as he has been picking up a few wickets with it.

We can probably keep Gilly if Hayden is in the side but if he goes we need someone that is capable of getting runs like Haddin. Then Symonds can stay as we only have the one slogger.

Sorry guys but your Symonds love fest is sickening. The guy is inconsistent, he's hit and go. Not up to test standards. Every time we're in a difficult position, he still decides to slog. The only time I've ever seen him with a good innings, building up and then going for boundaries, was the 2006 Boxing Day test against England.

He is not reliable or consistent enough to have in the test team. Yesterday he showed why.

I can see absolutely no reason to keep Symonds in the test team. His good scores are more luck than skill.

I was at the game. The atmosphrere was great. A truly great day. Mitch and Pup showed terrific fight and also Sehwag was the big man for India. All in all a great match and day too bad we lost tho. :(

India should probably go with the same side in the final test, with the exception of Karthik coming in for Jaffer. He hasn't contributed much the entire series and regardless of Karthik's lack of form in the early parts of the Pakistan tour, he has shown that he's gotten past that bump and should be able to form a decent partnership with Sehwag at the top.

I agree and Karthik should have played in place of Jaffer in Perth itself. But I have a feeling that they will drop Jaffer and bring in Harbajan. Dravid could open and Pathan would play as an all rounder.

The one thing I did not understand in the Perth test was why Laxman was batting at #6. He scored the first century for India in this series playing one down and instead of rewarding him he is pushed to #6 even behind Ganguly. Only in the Indian team batting order is not dertmined by logic and ability. It seems to be determined by who has the political clout, seniority etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread