India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad decision. lbw decisions have been questionable in this match.

Harbajan plumb

The angle was taking it down leg side... Was probably fair!

Bad decision. lbw decisions have been questionable in this match.

This whole series has been marred with poor umpiring. Both teams have had bad decisions. Inspite of that, we have had a fantastic series

Target 1 of 400 runs achieved (with Harbhajan and Kumble still batting). Hope they can achieve 450 runs without getting out. 460 is the par score for the first innings at Adelaide and we need to reach that now.

Last edited:
I am just amazed at the number of even sessions that this test has been throwing up. India bat well for a period of time, Australia pick up a few wickets, and then India bat well again, etc.

This first session was again even with India feeling a bit more happy having crossed the psychological 400 mark and also with Kumble and Harbhajan ending the session with a good partnership that has been entertaining so far.

These two batsman are frustrating Australia again.
They're not just sticking in there, but scoring runs at a good rate.
If Kumble or Harbajan had concentrated more on their batting, they would have been very handy allrounders. Especially Kumble, he's a very dogged batsman. I think Kumble should slot himself at 7, ahead of Dhoni.

We`ve reached 450 again ! The tail is wagging bigtime here.
One thing is for sure, we`ve given the World Champs a really hard time in this series. These two can seriously harbour thoughts of scoring a hundred here !

The faith we had on the team before the series has been justified.
I don`t think that any other team in World Cricket would`ve put up as good a fight as this team has done.
This has proved all those people who thought that the series would go the 06 Ashes way wrong.

Now its upto the 5 bowlers to give one big shot at squaring the series. Kumble would like to leave a mark on this series with this being his last game in Australia.

Very well done Bhajju! Fifty in consecutive tests FOR HIM!!!!

Target 2 of 450 runs reached. Press on for 500 guys. even 550 on this pitch is not safe (They just showed the adelaide 2003 scorecard where we beat australia even after australia scored 556 in the first innings). I guess even England lost after scoring 550 odd in the 1st innings.

Hope we can reach 500+. Great batting so far from these two.:clap:clap:clap

However, having seen the way this pitch has behaved over the last day and a half, it`ll be a stiff ask for the Indian bowlers with Hayden back opening.
I predict a Ponting hundred here.

Last edited:
We`ve reached 450 again ! The tail is wagging bigtime here.
One thing is for sure, we`ve given the World Champs a really hard time in this series. These two can seriously harbour thoughts of scoring a hundred here !

The faith we had on the team before the series has been justified.
I don`t think that any other team in World Cricket would`ve put up as good a fight as this team has done.
This has proved all those people who thought that the series would go the 06 Ashes way wrong.

Now its upto the 5 bowlers to give one big shot at squaring the series. Kumble would like to leave a mark on this series with this being his last game in Australia.

Absolutely. The fight India has given has been truly amazing. I hope we can square this series which would be a great present for those seniors who wont be playing in Australia again. Though we cant win the series, squaring it will be as good as winning it

However, having seen the way this pitch has behaved over the last day and a half, it`ll be a stiff ask with Hayden back opening.
I predict a Ponting hundred here.

Stiff for whom?

If we can get to 500, I am confident it will be really tough for Australia with India having 5 bowlers plus Sehwag.

I too predict a Ponting hundred (though I hope he gets out to his bunny again cheaply)

Last edited:
I must admit that I enjoy our bowlers getting runs , especially since we are at the receiving end of tailend partnerships most of the times.

Stiff for whom?

If we can get to 500, I am confident it will be really tough for Australia with India having 5 bowlers plus Sehwag.

I too predict a Ponting hundred (though I hope he gets out to his bunny again cheaply)

Stiff for the Indian bowlers.

Last edited:
I too predict a Ponting hundred

That might be the case, though I would bet against it, but for now, Harbhajan has passed Ponting's run aggregate this series in one less innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread