India in England Jun-Sept 2014

PokerAce

Banned
Maybe in their prime, but around 5 of those players played against an England side similar to this and got destroyed back in 2011. We barely just won in 2007, had Sreesanth been given LBW at Lords, the record would be even worse lol

Oh pls, that core had a good run everywhere 2003-2010. Won in WI, won in NZ, won in Pak, won in SL, won in Eng, Drew in SA, Drew in Aus ... I think over this period, they lost only 2 series away, Aus and SA, and (Aus at home). Those where they only series they lost, and won or drew everything else (home or away). Thats a hell of a run ... so don't tell me they just barely won in 2007, what does that even mean ! Also what column of the scorecard says "had Sreesanth been given LBW at Lords, the record would be even worse lol" !

Is there a column for "Had Jadeja not dropped Cook on 15, and had Bell be given out LBW, things would have been different" on the third test scorecard? Sure with the core on the way out India lost an away series eventually, but that means in between 2003-2011 means India were lucky, come on !!

PokerAce

Banned
I just hope that he learns after this tour and doesn't go around cursing everyone in sight when he scores a century against Bangladesh on a road of a pitch in a meaningless tournament.

What about when he leads India to chase 320 in 37 overs on the bouncy pitches of Australia, can he curse then?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh dear....

Why do I even bother?

PokerAce

Banned
For Bhuvi I feel Eng need a Third Man ... its an attacking option, sooner or later Bhuvi is going to pop one up there. Also for Dhoni, he is now going to flash hard and that means the ball flying over slips to third man sooner or later.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
What about when he leads India to chase 320 in 37 overs on the bouncy pitches of Australia, can he curse then?
On the flattest track on the whole tour with one of the shortest boundaries the game has ever seen? Not taking anything away from Kohli, the knock was great, but the pitch was certainly not as bouncy as you make it to be.

PokerAce

Banned
Also to Eng fans, can someone explain what the steel cage is at Oval in the background. Have seen it on so many matches?

PokerAce

Banned
On the flattest track on the whole tour with one of the shortest boundaries the game has ever seen? Not taking anything away from Kohli, the knock was great, but the pitch was certainly not as bouncy as you make it to be.

For an Indian batsman there is no such thing as a not bouncy Aus pitch. Also I don't remember anything about the boundary being any shorter than on the other grounds.

Also is that the only match that has even been played on the ground ... with short boundaries and all. I am thinking not. So has anyone before or after played a knock like that on that ground, with the same small boundaries. So what does that say about the rest of the batsmen who have played there. They cannot even come close to Kohli on the flattest of pitches with short boundaries !

Forget that ground, there are plenty of matches played on even flatter wickets and less bouncy wickets and even shorter boundaries. Has any batsman ever chased down 320 in 37 overs ever !

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its better we switch our focus to the women's team performance.:rolleyes Its the same old story here. Team plays like they don't want to be anywhere close to a cricket ground, Dhoni has his new set of fans who keep backing even if his team keeps plunging to lower and lower depths....[DOUBLEPOST=1408112749][/DOUBLEPOST]

Looks like India has a good chance of winning here.

grkrama

National Board President
I would still say that there is very little MR.process can do here.He is doing his best as batsman and keeper, as captain not much he can do when your batsman are not putting runs on board

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would still say that there is very little MR.process can do here.He is doing his best as batsman and keeper, as captain not much he can do when your batsman are not putting runs on board

That's true as well. The batsmen have been pathetic :|

Users who are viewing this thread