India in England Jun-Sept 2014

PokerAce

Banned
Coming back to the Hand off the ball issue, what if a Batsman keeps just one hand on the ball and with the other just fends off every delivery. That way he can never be out !!

PokerAce

Banned
I think that as a rule all series should be 5 tests, they give the best and te most complete picture. 2 Tests just make no sense and need to go, just picture with this was a 2 tst series, Ind would be going back with a win !! Perhaps even in the SL series that Eng lost, if it was a longer series, Eng could have got it around. Same for three test series, this one would be so different if it was a 3 test series. All series should be 4 tests atleast 5 ideally. They really help present a more complete picture.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Coming back to the Hand off the ball issue, what if a Batsman keeps just one hand on the ball and with the other just fends off every delivery. That way he can never be out !!

If umpire considers it deliberate the batsman is out handling the ball

PokerAce

Banned
Right of all the walking wickets Ind have ahd in the top order, Gambhir is the most mobile of them all. Any guesses on how many balls he going to last.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
that last England wicket was one of the worst umpiring decisions that I've ever seen.

PokerAce

Banned
If umpire considers it deliberate the batsman is out handling the ball

I am not very sure about the rules on handling, but doesn't handling the ball come into play once there has been contact with the bat on the ball.[DOUBLEPOST=1408274600][/DOUBLEPOST]Rahane 3 MSD 4, show some outside the box thinking ppl. Mix it up a bit

lion100lion

International Coach
Oh my God.... Topic of discussion :- Is this the end of Gambhir's Test career ? Once upon a time India's most dependable player along with M S Dhoni.:(

PokerAce

Banned
- Is this the end of Gambhir's Test career ? Once upon a time India's most dependable player along with M S Dhoni.:(

Yes this is the end of Gambhir obviously ... though I am not sure Gambhir was ever Ind's most reliable or MSD for that matter.

Don;t get me wrong they were very valuable, but to say they were the most reliable of a batting line up that had Dravid, SRT and Laxman in the middle is pushing it

lion100lion

International Coach
Yes this is the end of Gambhir obviously ... though I am not sure Gambhir was ever Ind's most reliable or MSD for that matter.
I still remember Gambhir building India's innings, when Sehwag used to often get out in the 3rd or 4th over.

Users who are viewing this thread