India in England Jun-Sept 2014

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
What are you saying ? Don't we need a bowling all rounder ?

You didn't get me.I said If Binny was not in the final XI, questions would have arisen for this inclusion in the squad as he was selected replacing the spot of a talented seamer.I said it as a reply to your previous comment quoting me.

adria1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stuart Binny to debut :facepalm. We finally decide to take a risk but do that by possibly playing Binny? Playing both Ashwin and Jadeja would be a far better bet. Ashwin is a better bowler and batsman than Binny who is neither.

I did not understand the logic behind stuart binnys selection in the squad he had an awful ipl season!!

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Stop with the awful IPL, I remember some of people saying "They are only selected because of their IPL performances" or something amongst them lines. It's logical pick to have Binny in the side if you think about it, got 7 odd wickets against Bangladesh, scored few runs against English domestic team when the others collapsed, also did good with the bat on his first test.
But I do agree that we need a spinner so he should make way.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You didn't get me.I said If Binny was not in the final XI, questions would have arisen for this inclusion in the squad as he was selected replacing the spot of a talented seamer.I said it as a reply to your previous comment quoting me.

It's an 18 man squad with 6 pace bowlers, so Binny didn't take anybody's spot, they instead created one for him.

----------

Possibly looking at the green grass on the Lord's pitch, or possibly following their policy of not discarding a player based on just one match, India seem set to play the same XI at Lord's. When in the nets, the Indians batted in the same order as before the first Test. The three main quicks got a separate net to finish their batting before they could come to bowl in the main nets. The remaining batting order in the nets remained the same as the first Test, with Binny bowling his bit before coming in to bat at No. 8.

Rohit Sharma and Gautam Gambhir did not do much in the nets, but Ashwin and Rohit Sharma bowled a few overs towards the end of the session.

Stuart Binny set to play again | Cricket News | England v India ? Investec Test Series | ESPN Cricinfo

So Jadeja keeps his place... *sigh*

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
could do without anderson tbh. here's hoping broad pushed someone too

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Seems like a cynical attempt by India to get one of the main threats from the opposition banned to me.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Seems like a cynical attempt by India to get one of the main threats from the opposition banned to me.

Yes, it could be but it also means Anderson's abusing backfiring against him If he gets the ban.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Why are they calling it abusing? Isn't it just sledging?

The allegation is that Anderson pushed Jadeja and a few words were said. Alastair Cook has been interviewed and he says he knew nothing about it until Monday evening and he can't see this ending in a suspension for anyone.

Also it appears the management of the England and India teams were keen to get this resolved between themselves but Dhoni has called for an independent inquiry.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
It can't be, Ashwin has 2 hundreds, 3 fifties and an average of nearly 40.

ahh yeah, totally forgot about that, so what's the reason then? it's completely perplexing. Ashwin isn't exactly a great spinner but he is better than Jadeja, really weird on the BCCIs part.

Users who are viewing this thread