India tour of Australia Nov'20-Jan'21

Brilliant work from Jadeja to bring India back into the test with that 4-fer and the exceptional run out of Smith. And he should be expected to carry over the confidence to his batting, which already helped India win at MCG last game.

The start was good from Rohit-Gill and even though Rahane and Pujara have been stonewalling, I think India have the batsmen to push forward tomorrow. The likes of Vihari, Pant, Jadeja, Ashwin should enjoy batting on this track at the moment. They need to look to bat out Day 3 and get a 100+ lead. Just like at MCG, batting last on this pitch and against Lyon is likely to be very tricky and we need all the lead that we can possibly muster.

I'd say India are slightly ahead 52-48, but after the horror show of 36, all it takes is a few overs to annihilate any advantage

I think Vihari will not only have a role to play with the bat, but also with the ball. I think he bowls flatter trajectories than Ashwin and could push it through as well. Definitely worth a try and won't be surprised if he gets a couple of wickets.

Warne and Symonds were caught on tape insulting Marnus, including the fact that he suffers from ADD. Can only imagine the dressing room scenes in the Waugh era.

Warne and Symonds were caught on tape insulting Marnus, including the fact that he suffers from ADD. Can only imagine the dressing room scenes in the Waugh era.

Don't read too much into it. The Aussies have a sense of humour that's very hard to understand for most of us. A few of my friends who have been there for education or jobs have always told me that they lack boundaries within their own circles. But, I always question them asking who has made those boundaries? We all have our own culture. One thing I do know is that the slightest banter from someone outside their boundaries really rattles them up and they don't like it. It's weird. My impression is that Marnus is a bit of a clown in the group and he doesn't mind people taking the Mickey out of him.

Dressing room environment in Warne's era? Whatever it was, it never affected the on field stuff. If it did, thank god because it was a pretty miserable decade of international cricket and the world cups were almost a foregone conclusion.

I genuinely in my heart believe though that Warne, Dhoni and Imran are the greatest cricket minds of all time. I see flashes in Williamson, but nowhere close even now.

Don't read too much into it. The Aussies have a sense of humour that's very hard to understand for most of us. A few of my friends who have been there for education or jobs have always told me that they lack boundaries within their own circles. But, I always question them asking who has made those boundaries? We all have our own culture. One thing I do know is that the slightest banter from someone outside their boundaries really rattles them up and they don't like it. It's weird. My impression is that Marnus is a bit of a clown in the group and he doesn't mind people taking the Mickey out of him.

Dressing room environment in Warne's era? Whatever it was, it never affected the on field stuff. If it did, thank god because it was a pretty miserable decade of international cricket and the world cups were almost a foregone conclusion.

I genuinely in my heart believe though that Warne, Dhoni and Imran are the greatest cricket minds of all time. I see flashes in Williamson, but nowhere close even now.
Fair point.

Seems to me like Australia are going to use the bumper as the stock ball and then the pitched up stuff as the surprise delivery to nick off!

Not a fan of the way we are playing Lyon. If we don't attack him, not only does he become threatening but the 3 quicks can easily rotate.

Pujara has gone into full defensive mode here. That is why I liked Rahane's approach because he was willing to put the bad balls away. It is unfortunate how he got out, but one of Pujara or Vihari has to be a little more positive here and score runs. They are playing way too defensively right now.

Pujara has gone into full defensive mode here. That is why I liked Rahane's approach because he was willing to put the bad balls away. It is unfortunate how he got out, but one of Pujara or Vihari has to be a little more positive here and score runs. They are playing way too defensively right now.

Vihari is piling on the pressure with Lyon. He's either going to block (not defend, you can be positive defending) or get out. Matter of time with this approach.

I wouldn't bother with Pujara @Aalay. He is defending, but using his bat and on the front foot. I get your point, but that's the territory that comes with him. He could bat all day like that. Doesn't seem so with Vihari.

200 all out coming up.

And Vihari man this was a great opportunity and you throw it away.

Edit - It was a brilliant piece of fielding by Hazelwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 7 balls, Pant has looked more in the contest than Vihari's hour of labour. I'm past the age of hating people but my passion for the game still manages to generate serious dislike for cricketers in any side that play timidly. Timid, insipid, impotent tour so far by Vihari. Really poor. I don't mind low scores but you have to be in the contest. He's just nowhere and there's no excuse as far as insecurity is concerned as he's been given a long rope and Rahane is not the sort of bloke who's going to axe him. If he bats the same way in the next innings, it wouldn't be out of the realms to play Saha and play Pant as a batter only. Begs the question why a replacement for Iyer was not seeked?

Manjrekar talking out of his rear end as usual! 3 RPO would mean India are still 120 behind. Not 20 ahead. How does this guy have a job????

In 7 balls, Pant has looked more in the contest than Vihari's hour of labour. I'm past the age of hating people but my passion for the game still manages to generate serious dislike for cricketers in any side that play timidly. Timid, insipid, impotent tour so far by Vihari. Really poor. I don't mind low scores but you have to be in the contest. He's just nowhere and there's no excuse as far as insecurity is concerned as he's been given a long rope and Rahane is not the sort of bloke who's going to axe him. If he bats the same way in the next innings, it wouldn't be out of the realms to play Saha and play Pant as a batter only. Begs the question why a replacement for Iyer was not seeked?
You can't have two very ultra defensive players in the playing 11. Vihari & Pujara are similar type of players - very defensively at start and then look to capitalise but against a quality bowling unit you gotta keep the scoreboard moving even in the last game at MCG Vihari & Rahane partnership was painful to watch , Rahane only got going when Pant came in. So their style does hamper the scoring rate and gave opposition a chance to comeback in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread