National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What's your take on this now? @abhi_jacko

Didn't I say there is something special left? Hope atleast now you are enjoying our victory after all that drama and tension.

Party toh deni padegi ab(You need to give us a party now) :lol:lol

Haha absolutely friend. It was about as tense as it gets - world cup levels tension. And while I was on a rampage to say we dont stand a chance to win (to control my own expectations, in case, we lost), it was heartening to see u and a few other members saying what I was really feeling inside :cheers

Abhi toh party shuru hui hai
Post automatically merged:

Pujara batted almost a thousand balls and nearly 24 hours. :lol

Which stat can objectively quantify his contribution to this series win? I think perhaps when careers are over, Hazlewood and Cummins would document it. Those two class acts were pounding away at the fag end of the day but they couldn't breach his defence bar Adelaide.
Absolute legend. The only reason we could go out and attack in the end was because Pujara literally put himself through hell and took all the damage. Invaluable. And ofcourse our latest opener Gill - his contribution shouldn't get overshadowed.

I wish Pujara had gotten atleast one ton in this series just because he deserved it

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Haha absolutely friend. It was about as tense as it gets - world cup levels tension. And while I was on a rampage to say we dont stand a chance to win (to control my own expectations, in case, we lost), it was heartening to see u and a few other members saying what I was really feeling inside :cheers

Abhi toh party shuru hui hai
Post automatically merged:

Absolute legend. The only reason we could go out and attack in the end was because Pujara literally put himself through hell and took all the damage. Invaluable. And ofcourse our latest opener Gill - his contribution shouldn't get overshadowed.

I wish Pujara had gotten atleast one ton in this series just because he deserved it

Your wishes would be like crime sentences to those Aussie quicks mate. Pretty sure they're fed up of seeing him. Mind you, I do think he has a couple of broken fingers.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I need a lie down. One thing I will say is the Aussies are not learning. They'll be better off leaving the Indians alone. This trip was a fine example of providing this team with that tonic to prove a point and unfortunately for them, the Indian's took a higher dose than one the Aussies would like.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Anyone else was surprised with the choice of delivery from Hazlewood - so full. Wouldn't it have been better to bowl a bouncer or wide of off stump for a dot ball, so the tail-enders take strike in the next over?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Got to be some tactical questions asked if the Aussies and Tim Paine after this series surely...
True - did they even get a single wicket off short deliveries today? I think for almost a session, they bowled 90% short deliveries and bouncer which were either left untouched or hit for boundaries?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
True - did they even get a single wicket off short deliveries today? I think for almost a session, they bowled 90% short deliveries and bouncer which were either left untouched or hit for boundaries?

That's it. The plan was just "bowl short". No other thought or planning went into it

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
It will be funny to see people will discredit a person whose rotation policy has extended a team's depth.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I regret going to sleep early :facepalm
Pakistan have literally lost every single Test they’ve played in Australia in my lifetime, so i guess i'll have to take solace in the neighbours' win :p
Why do Kohli/Shastri keep repeating such obvious selection errors in tours outside Asia? There’s no way a team this talented shouldn’t have won in South Africa, New Zealand and England. And i’m sorry, but that win in Australia will always have an asterisk next to it. Yes, you can only face the team in front of you, but i'd be surprised if India under Kohli/Shastri beat a full strength Australian team away from home. Sadly we won’t know until the next tour, since Kohli's leaving after this match.
Well, now we know. No asterisk this time. Hell, if Australia won the series, there would’ve been an asterisk next to it.
Low key wanna see India win this with Rahane as captain
My wish came true. Although after 36 all out, i never thought it would. Everyone wants Rahane to be appointed full time captain, but i think the likelier thing is that Shastri is coach for life now?:D
India won at the Gabba, in a series deciding match, with their fourth string bowling attack, including two bowlers who weren’t even part of the Test squad originally. And also without their best batsman. This has to be one of the greatest series wins in a long time.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
India won at the Gabba, in a series deciding match, with their fourth string bowling attack, including two bowlers who weren’t even part of the Test squad originally. And also without their best batsman. This has to be one of the greatest series wins in a long time.
I was thinking the same. This HAS to be India's most famous Test series win, right?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I was thinking the same. This HAS to be India's most famous Test series win, right?

I don't like to make idiotic comments like "this is India's greatest sporting triumph" because I don't follow all sports and don't know the context. BUT, when it comes to cricket, I've followed cricket like a hawk from 1992 and this is our greatest cricketing moment to date. Second string team, lost all tosses, played with 10 people every test and we beat the most difficult opponent in their own den. This wasn't just 20/50 overs or a day's brilliance. This is a sign of things to come. Greatness looms.

Mind you, we are in a pandemic, a lot of players have had major personal losses and they have been in a bubble for six months. As I said, the cricketing achievement is one aspect of it but when you put context to everything and the circumstances that surrounded this team, it is a sign of immense character and a sign of the greatness that looms. As I said over the last five years, if we had a captain of substance, this Indian team would match the footprint of the Aussie side of the 00.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Is 'Wait til you get to the Gabba' now the biggest sledging backfire in the history of cricket?

I want to know what you think of this? I've always found Paine very funny with the sledging. I for one didn't find anything wrong with what he said. I think it's important we realise that we don't over sterilise our sport and allow people to express themselves.

Just feel a bit of an issue was made about this unnecessarily and I've actually seen a lot of other drama in India-OZ series.

Users who are viewing this thread