India tour of England 2018

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Would it not have made sense for Ishant to bat ahead of Yadav and Shami while Kohli is still out there?[DOUBLEPOST=1533224022][/DOUBLEPOST]

What exactly has been great about Kohli? Pretty much still looking like Anderson's bunny.[DOUBLEPOST=1533224063][/DOUBLEPOST]Kohli needs to step on the gas here. Try getting the deficit to 75 if he can!

Unbelievable how people see all this but the management doesn't. Ishant looking very comfortable.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seems like Ishant is having a punching bag contest with the umpires and he's at 2-0. :p

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I think the freedom has empowered Kohli to play his natural game and he's making England pay! Test match very much in the balance now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Fantastic so far! Kohli is proving me wrong here with the way he has batted around the tail. He has been lucky today (extremely lucky) but he had made 200% use of his chances which many don't do.

He is plundering into a piss tired Stokes here and the deficit is just 30. We could be looking at a less than 20 run deficit (and maybe even better if we're lucky).

B

Bigby Wolf

This is absolutely brilliant from Kohli reduced the deficit from 80 odd to 20 odd single handedly. Yup he was lucky but made each and every use of the opportunity he got to get India out of the trouble.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is absolutely brilliant from Kohli reduced the deficit from 80 odd to 20 odd single handedly. Yup he was lucky but made each and every use of the opportunity he got to get India out of the trouble.

I would say India are ahead. Psychologically England will be shot. From a situation where they could have led by 150 to potentially now trailing by 30 odd.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
And the deficit for India is just 13 runs! Pretty brilliant stuff towards the end from Kohli and also some very ordinary decision making from the England camp. I would dare say that India are very well back in the game despite having a below average day with the bat.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a brilliant knock by King Kohli!!!

Led from the front with a true captains knock. Kinda reminded me of Dada's knock of 144 in Brisbane in 2003 tours first test. Started off scratchy facing a big first innings deficit, but then played superbly and with the tail to give India the psychological edge

This will be a critical knock in the context of the series for us. We fought back, although through one guy only. If only one more guy from the top or middle order had hung around. We could have had a healthy lead[DOUBLEPOST=1533229949][/DOUBLEPOST]To add to the praise. Kohli apparently walked in too boos from the crowd and walks back to standing ovation and applause

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Captain Kohli to the rescue again. That was some inning by Kohli. Yes, he did get dropped twice but the sheer determination to stay there and fight it out was amazing to watch. Poor shot selection from Rahul, Dhawan, Rahane and Karthik and they must improve in the second inning.

B

Bigby Wolf

Its high time for other batsmen in the lineup to stepup as well especially the likes of Vijay, Rahane and I am expecting DK to play some crucial innings if we are to win or do well in this series.So far the test is going down the same route as that of the Durban test in South African series played earlier this year the bowlers did well in SA but the batters failed collectively barring few individual innings espc. from Kohli in the 2nd test which costed us the series. One can only hope as the series progresses our batting clicks and a collective allround effort to put up a one solid performance.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quite a statement

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
By jee, Cook has got two in a test match! People don't get those two through a career! Pearls from Ashwin!

B

Bigby Wolf

Its high time for other batsmen in the lineup to stepup as well especially the likes of Vijay, Rahane and I am expecting DK to play some crucial innings if we are to win or do well in this series.So far the test is going down the same route as that of the Durban test in South African series played earlier this year the bowlers did well in SA but the batters failed collectively barring few individual innings espc. from Kohli in the 2nd test which costed us the series. One can only hope as the series progresses our batting clicks and a collective allround effort to put up a one solid performance.

India are playing their 4th away Test vs SA + Eng this year; Kohli’s average= 62.14 Rest of India’s batsmen= 15.54
This is exactly what I am talking about the failure of our batting lineup which costed us the series in SA.

Users who are viewing this thread