India tour of England 2018

[HASHTAG]#theLast5Syndrome[/HASHTAG] strikes again.

The two batsmen who are gonna do it for England are in the middle currently.

Bumrah and Pandya have released the pressure valves. Such poor bowling. Hope Shami shows em how to blow away the tail.

This has been absolutely disgusting bowling and run leaking from Ashwin, Pandya and Bumrah. This trifecta have lost us the match.

Curran has sealed the fate of this game here. England have scored 100 too many. We've had a shocking 2 hours with the ball.

Indian bowlers I fail to understand. I'd love to see the lengths they've bowled before the fall of the first 5 and then the last 5. It's unpardonable!!

Indian bowlers I fail to understand. I'd love to see the lengths they've bowled before the fall of the first 5 and then the last 5. It's unpardonable!!
Also appreciate the good batting by the opposition. It's a first day pitch. You don't expect test sides to roll over in home conditions.

At the start of the day, India would have gleefully accepted 246 all out. Yes, having had England down to 86-6, they let them escape to 246 but still I think the conditions are much better for batting as the day progresses and if India can somehow survive the first sessions of Day 2 (and hopefully Day 3 if they survive that long), then there is enough runs to be had here for India to post as much of a lead as they got at Trent Bridge in the last test. India's batting has to build on the form that they gained in the last test.

I would say very well done to the bowlers for exploiting the first session of today as well as they did. Even one wicket less in that session and England could have easily posted 300+ (maybe even 350).

India's day even though England fought back very well. That first session was amazing to watch if you are Indian cricket team fan. Just high class bowling from the fast bowlers and hardly bowling a bad ball. Both Sam Curran and Moeen Ali batted very well. The ball was getting old and they showed that the pitch isn't difficult to bat on. I don't think we bowled badly to them either, they were just too good. As we have seen recently, the Indian bowlers have done their job even though they would have want a few less runs on the board. Now it's over to the batsmen. They need to step up again and score decent runs in this first inning. This Indian team doesn't bat well in 4th inning so we need to make sure we score enough runs in this inning.[DOUBLEPOST=1535654829][/DOUBLEPOST]The one thing that did frustrate me was the byes. Some of those deliveries were absolutely horrible and all the fast bowlers contributed to that. I can't really blame Pant because he still did a decent job.

The game is very even at the moment and England would feel the happier side. This is going the way of the first test. Our inability to get the tail is annoying. We had thr chance to shoot them out for 150-170 which would have made a world of difference. From a bowling perspective, sides tend to get a bit more wayward defending 170 rather that 250 which is a score where you can be patient with your lengths. From a batting perspective, it would have allowed us the cushion of a 50/5 collapse which we do not have now. Dare I say, we will not reach anywhere close to the score unless Kohli fires once again. We could have virtually ensured a 2-2 scoreline on Day 1 itself. Now, we are left having to make at least 400 in this innings to stay ahead in the contest. Anything lese than that and any chaae of over 100 is a recipe for 3-1.

If England hadn't been 86/6, 246/10 would have felt perfect. But still I would say it's advantage India because we didn't lose any wickets. It hurts though to see our bowlers falter time and again to get the lower order dismissed cheaply, whereas our lower order surrenders meekly on most occasions.

If India is still batting on day 3 post lunch session, I would say 2-2 is on the cards. However, my gut feeling says India might be bundled out somewhere around 180-220 score.

Users who are viewing this thread