India tour of Pakistan

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79+Mar 13 2004, 02:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrew_nixon79 @ Mar 13 2004, 02:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Iniyan
@Mar 13 2004, 08:36 AM
Pakistan should be penalised a few overs for slow over rate. We'll see if that happens.
They don't do that anymore, they just fine the captain. [/b]
:D i think it is right ,it is better then losing a few overs ,to chase runs,and i think ,that even th vice captain or the whole team can be penalised ,i dont know if it is for only slow over rate ,

Can someone please give me the score as of now? Cricinfo has not been loading for 5-10 minutes....

I dunno score, but my friend said india win by 6 runs!!! YESSSSS!!!

Result

India: 349/7 (Sehwag 79, Dravid 99)
Pakistan: 344/8 (Yousuf Youhana 73, Inzamam-ul-Haq 122)

India win by 5 runs.

Two world records too! The highest score batting second in a ODI, and the most runs in a ODI.

Another high scoring match. It would of been pretty funny if Moin hit a six off the last ball. Any1 who seen the last ball, did it get close to a six?

I just can't help but think about how good our cricket team would be if India and Pakistan had remained together........ :sorry: :sorry:

oh ok, thanx for that Indyan. Well Done India. This series looks like it's gonna be very close

In my life i hav'nt seen a match like this before.Both Teams have done good And not to forget blazing knock by Inzi.Rest tour would be a tie Knot:).Hope we will get same cricket in future matches.

Originally posted by squiz@Mar 13 2004, 06:32 PM
Another high scoring match. It would of been pretty funny if Moin hit a six off the last ball. Any1 who seen the last ball, did it get close to a six?
He tried to hit it for six but it went to Zaheer Khan.

A world record! Just what you expect from an India Pakistan game.

Pakistan lost because of 2 reasons: 1) Indisciplined bowling (38 extras conceded) and 2) No sixth bowler.

Why isn't Afridi playing? :angry: He's tailor made for these kinds of games ;)

Bottom line, both teams batted well and bowled rubbish - India held their nerve at the end.

OH MAN!what a great perfomence by pakistani batsmen.pak was losing it badly as at one time the situation was 25/2 in 6 overs.

what a great game of cricket that was :thumbs:

Wow! What a match! Pakistan didn't win that game but Karachi have won. The people showed very good behavior. Great match.
The channel ARY Digital really sucks. Anyway congrats Indian friends but Pakistan also played very well.
The new Pak kit looks similar to the one they had in 1999 after the world cup.

Two more records! :D One for each team ^_^
India's highest ODI score against Pakistan. :cheezy:
Pakistan highest ODI score against India. :cheezy:

:thumbs: :clap: :cheer: :clap:

gR8 GAME
Very close to being the best INDO-PAK match along with
JAved`s last ball 6 and the Dhaka final in 1997(India chased 314)
This was just gr8
I kept on getting the thoughts of how Bret Lee hit Balaji for a six to win it for AUS
I wondered if Moin could do that !
Fortunately , Zaheer got Razzaq with a beautiful slower one .
In my opinion Pak were favourites to win after the 46th over
Nehra bowled a gr8 last over, similar to the one bowled by Vaas against AUS
Another lucky thing for India was that Naved Ul Hasan was on strike in the first ball of the last over
Moin got to face just 2 balls in the last over
It just could have made the difference
Gr8 batting by inzi, surprisingly gr8 running between the wickets too

All in all Gr8 batting but poor bowling by both teams
Hope to see a few more in the future
Bye
Enjoy the series
IT was played in gr8 spirits today at karachi
Bye
ADi

Users who are viewing this thread