India tour of Pakistan

yea. i saw a pic. it looks bad. i said it in my earlier post.

btw i didnt see ne bit of the match. The last time i watched an Ind- Pak match this thrilling was in 1997, when India wone chasing 315 off 48 ovs with 1 ball to spare.

B) kaif took a very good catch,but no one is thinking of badani ,it was his catch and he was in a very good position to take it ,just before kaif ruined his chance and also gave him a good kick on badani's face, :lol:

if u see the highlights ,u can see india plyers celebrating,but badani was only masaging his jaw and nobody even looked at him,

p;s dont worry badani i am with you :cheer:

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Mar 14 2004, 08:01 AM
You knew what I meant. I meant two records. I already mentioned them in the result post.
Come on, a bit of light humour doesn't hurt, does it? ^_^

Ganguly - down with fever
Nehra injured - will not play the game trrow , pathan will
Powar to replace karthik

Laxman expected to be back

According to me , this shud be the team
My XI
Sachin
Sehwag
Ganguly/Laxman (if ganguly is unfit)
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Badani/Laxman(if ganguly is fit)
karthik/Powar
Zaheer
Pathan
Balaji

pakistani team for 2nd match announced

1)Yasir hamid
2)imran farhat
3)yousuf youhana
4)inzamam
5)abdulrazzaq
6)shahidafridi
7)younis khan
8)moin khan
9)shoib akhtar
10)shabbir ahmed
11)mohammad sami

B) see the greed of ten sports ,dd has doubled its offer to 15 million $ from 6 million$ ,but ten sports is still not agreeing to give the rights to dd,

ten sports has sold the rights to ptv for only 450000$ that is so much double standards.anyway the court has directed tensports to telecast the next match on dd too!!

here it is what was written in times of india

NEW DELHI: In a last-ditch effort to secure telecast rights for the Indo-Pak series, Prasar Bharti had raised its offer to Ten Sports to $15 million, highly placed official sources said here on Monday.

After talks between Ten Sports officials, Prasar Bharti and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting failed to make headway till Saturday night, the board of directors of the state broadcaster authorised it to raise the offer from $6 million to $15 million at its meeting on Sunday.

"The board of directors of Prasar Bharti raised the offer to $15 million on Sunday. This was communicated to Ten Sports but they refused to heed to our request on telecast rights of these crucial matches even after this generous offer," sources said.

They said Ten Sports was asking for an "astronomical amount of close to $25 million for parting with these rights when it has given the same rights to PTV for a paltry $4,50,000."

Originally posted by cricket2004@Mar 15 2004, 06:55 PM
pakistani team for 2nd match announced

1)Yasir hamid
2)imran farhat
3)yousuf youhana
4)inzamam
5)abdulrazzaq
6)shahidafridi
7)younis khan
8)moin khan
9)shoib akhtar
10)shabbir ahmed
11)mohammad sami
It's wrong. Javed Miandad and Inzi has said the team will be annouced just before the match.

im glad nehra wont be playing in the next match: he is a horrible fielder, but we have replaced one horrid fielder with another (vvs laxman). go figure.

Match will be tight, going to come down to fielding and running between wickets. INdia struggle in both areas. I give pakistan the edge for the second odi

This would be my team for the second ODI:

Imran Farhat
Yasir Hameed
Yousuf Youhana
*Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
+Moin Khan
Mohammad Sami
Shoaib Akhtar
Shabbir Ahmed

But Pakistanis will as usual go and pick Younis ahead of a sixth bowler.

Edit: Laxman isn't a horrible fielder. He took some stunning catches (at slip) in Australia. Nehra definitely is.

Edit by Andrew

NO RACIST TERMS ARE ALLOWED ON THESE FORUMS! THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!!!!! THIS IS A WARNING!!!!!

I apologise - I am a Pakistani myself hence did not realise - sorry -_-

Great to see afridi bak!! I hope he does well. But If pakistan doesnt win this match, then theres somethin woring with the series. it ususally goes to tha last match decider. The best i can get of this match is the audion live commentary. Stupid willow tv didnt get the rights. But it was waaaaaaaaay too expensive neways. Ill just watch the matches recorded later.

Originally posted by jeromedascorp@Mar 16 2004, 03:39 AM
Great to see afridi bak!! I hope he does well. But If pakistan doesnt win this match, then theres somethin woring with the series. it ususally goes to tha last match decider. The best i can get of this match is the audion live commentary. Stupid willow tv didnt get the rights. But it was waaaaaaaaay too expensive neways. Ill just watch the matches recorded later.
Thats my team - I hope he plays - don't know if he will.

I have a feeling Miandad is hestiant - coz Bari doesn't want him to open, and Inzi doesn't want him lower down the order, and Miandad doesn't want him at all - which means no sixth bowler for Pakistan.

Wasim Bari thinks he's the boss <_< He's job is just to give the players to the Coach and Captain. And it's up to Inzi whether he wants to play Afridi or not, no matter anyone else want or not!

Looking forward to the 2nd ODI at pindi, I feel that
If at all Afridi deserves a place in the side, it should be in place of Yasir Hameed as an opener
We never know if he will get to bat if he is placed in the lower middle order seeing the pitches in Pak and the weak Indian bowling line up
This game should be 45-55% to Pakistan bcoz of their penetrative bowling and spirited effort in the last game
If Pak wud have lost by 80-90 runs at karachi, they wud have been dead and buried but losing by 5 runs chasing 350 is no disgrace
I do not know why the media here in India is making such a big hype about the match today
Such an hype was ok for the 1st game but having played the first game after 14 years things should get back to normal .
I really did not feel as if India had achieved a terrific victory over Pak in the 1st game .
I do not know why the people in India are so overjoyed about that win,
In fact Pakistan played better cricket than India in that game and stilll lost
Tie would have been a more suitable result for that game
As a result of that game , the indians would feel that no total is safe and they would feel more pressure while batting.
Gone are the days in ODIs when 280 used to be a match winning target and 300 a safeone . It has realy changed the mindset of the supporters as well as the team on the issue of defending totals?
The million dollar question is : What is a safe target?????
More and more teams are pacing themselves very well during huge run chases and achieving them well
Take the example of India
They used to be poor chasers but in the past 2 years
India chased 326 Vs England
326 vs Windies at ahmedabad of 47 overs
270 Vs England of 40 overs
273 vs Pak of 46 overs
300 Vs windies at rajkot
276 vs England at lords
That is gr8 for a team which had a reputation of being poor chasers.
I think the test series wud be a boring affair bcoz I do not think that the Indian batting would fail so easily and India do not have the firepower to take 20 wickets though they did it regularly in Austalia and retained the trophy there
Indian attack should be bolstered by the return of Agarkar and Kumble
both if whom are being missed thoroughly by India in the ODIs
Just imagine India`s chances if they were present
Pathan will be playing today
It can be a blessing in disguise bcoz he is the one who would not have been a part of the Karachi massacre and has youth on his side along with the confidence of having dismissed stalwarts like Martyn,Ponting,Ghilcrist,Hayden on his side
The pitch at pindi is said to be a slow one. if that is the case, India`s chances are enhanced bcoz of the depth in the slow bowling department and also because of the fact that Sehwag,Yuvraj tend to keeep things tight on the slow tracks
OOOPss , this has turned out to be a long post
Bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye byeeeeeeeeeee

GAME 1 was No.1 This can surely not be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty goo match if you ask me. India just defeating Pakistan after a high total.

Users who are viewing this thread