India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

prarara said:
May I request some sort of post moderation on the above poster... if not for the 'trolling' comments then especially for the spelling mistakes.

Openers fall...but is it too late for India?

just face it ur bout to loose unless we mess up like hell if we do i take this back and has anyone seen sky sports scorecard its got three pak batsman on not out 3 are batting lol

i feel india need to do something dramatic to pull this off.

pathan made a grave mistake not judging how far younis khan was out of the non striker crease. he could have walked and clipped the bails off to run younis khan out. dhoni missed a catch off agarkar's bowling but that might not have mattered as rudi surprisingly gave it leg byes.

nothing bad in losing, this is the first game at this stadium. you are bound to mis judge the conditions. i feel dravid slightly misjudged the conditions. he should have bowled first! the spinners are finding it hard to grip the ball a bit now. there is some dew out there it seems. and considering india's hot chasing streak, i feel they should have backed themselves to chase down any total pak put for them.

anyways, its not over until the last ball is bowled, so hoping for a turnaround!

Yo guys good 30 by Romi today, and good shots, and he certiny was beaten by a good delivery by Ajit Agarkar and not "Throwing his wicket" what some people say he does :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
i agree Farhat has great potential but most of the times he throws his wicket but when he plays he is capible of the big scores

God win for Pakistan, setting themselves a lot target under lights. Powar got a wicket though, looks like he will play in the world cup.

Younis Khan played great...the six he hit on Bhajji's bowling...Awesome...great shot!!!
According to some people on PC Pak waz going to lose the series 2-0...And according to the current Pak form...India will loze 2-0!!!

Karachi Express said:
Younis Khan played great...the six he hit on Bhajji's bowling...Awesome...great shot!!!
According to some people on PC Pak waz going to lose the series 2-0...And according to the current Pak form...India will loze 2-0!!!

brother thanks to waqar younis and Bob Woolmer 2

yes, I'm just thinking of Quoting some stupid posts back, but as Andrew's given a warning so I'll leave it. Great play Younis and bowling by whole team.

a good win for Pakistan. too bad, i missed the whole match, i was preparing for my exams.
It was close, but Pakistan would always win in such situation, chasing a paltry score.

I think the Indian young Bowlers bowled really well just the total that was abit low.

A Question I have for the people is that do Indian cricket Fans expect abit too much from Dhoni?, agreeing that he is a great batsman with raking 2nd in ICC ranks.

Last edited:
usy said:
Question I have for the people is that do Indian cricket Fans expect abit too much from Dhoni?, agreeing that he is a great batsman with raking 2nd in ICC ranks.
Well that's to be expected. Remember when Afridi hit that 37-ball century on his batting debut? People expected something similar from him almost every match. And he was no where near consistent as Dhoni is now. Once he fails more often than not in conditions that don't always suit the batsman, people will realize that he's no God. But right now he is getting the support he deserves.

Also, this is very similar to the people who expect Ponting to reach 16000 runs in tests.

usy said:
I think the Indian young Bowlers bowled really well just the total that was abit low.

A Question I have for the people is that do Indian cricket Fans expect abit too much from Dhoni?, agreeing that he is a great batsman with raking 2nd in ICC ranks.
indeed
its the case with all fans, from all countries but with India, the hype around cricketers (and celebrities) is too much. Its just crazy.

Agreed, Dhoni is a good player, aggressive in attitude but that doesn't mean he'll score in every match. Same goes with all players.

He is a fine ODI player but failures should be part of a career, and if the player is fine with it, i don't know why fans make a fuss about it.

I hope the Indians land back on earth, and start to think about few things. First is, they need a well-deserved rest. YOu cannot keep playing for such a long time, especially ODI's that tend to bring your energy/fitness levels down.

I hope they make changes to the match tomorrow.

Karachi Express said:

Nothing there to hit back at some PC regulars who said India will win 2-0. They were justified in saying that! India have been riding a crest of top notch ODI form since that Sri Lanka ODI series. And India came to Pakistan and beat Pakistan 4-1 in their own backyard. That has made people say "india might win 2-0". if they said "india will win 2-0', they were over-confident, and you take it onto them.

usy said:

Yep.. The expectation that fans have on Dhoni is too huge. Even the commentators are bitten by that and make it as if the world's best batsman is coming out to destroy bowling attacks.

Dhoni is a sensational player and can destroy bowling attacks on his day and most of the times, he can be relied upon to score runs for india. but hyping him too much can prove detrimental to Dhoni's future. Look at what has happened to Sehwag. People now criticise him too much for his failures.

Users who are viewing this thread