India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sharjah Day/nighters are the best sight for the eyes. It is a very attractive ground, one of the most attractive ones I've seen (on TV!).

And many of Sharjah's matches have been absolutely thrilling!

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What the Hell! :eek:

I did'nt even know about these matches, I'll cheak Cricinfo now, thanks for telling me.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
my indian eleven would be

1-virender shewag
2-Robin utthapa
3-irfan pathan {depends on the conditions dravid if its seaming around}
4-yuvraj singh
5-rahul dravid
6-suresh raina
7-ms dhoni
8-harbhajan sungh
9-munaf patel
10-s shreesanth
11-vrv singh
if we play 2 spinners against pakistan they will be murdered.kaif does not make it to my street 11 on current form. :D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know about two spinners being murdered by Pakistan. Afterall even Ian Blackwell was reasonably tight in Pakistan. Fair enough they struggled in the recent Pak v India series, but if the wicket has a bit of bounce, maybe turns a bit, they could cause problems. However if the tracks have a bit of bounce and pace, may also want the extra quick bowler and see how Yuvraj and Sehwag do. You have to remember that your series there was played on some of the most dead and placid tracks for spinners and quick bowlers I have ever seen in my life.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
puddleduck said:
I don't know about two spinners being murdered by Pakistan. Afterall even Ian Blackwell was reasonably tight in Pakistan. Fair enough they struggled in the recent Pak v India series, but if the wicket has a bit of bounce, maybe turns a bit, they could cause problems. However if the tracks have a bit of bounce and pace, may also want the extra quick bowler and see how Yuvraj and Sehwag do. You have to remember that your series there was played on some of the most dead and placid tracks for spinners and quick bowlers I have ever seen in my life.

pakistan team plays spinners very well so no point in playing extra spinner against teams like england ,southafrica you can afford to play two spinners on any track in odis

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yes Pakistan play spinners well, but if the pitch has any turn in it, they will not go for many runs. Even Ian Blackwell was tight in Pakistan for us, but when India went there they prepared pitches with absolutely no spin whatsoever.

However if the pitch has no help for seamers, then playing your 3rd quick may not turn out any more economical than playing an extra spinner ;)

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
puddleduck said:
Yes Pakistan play spinners well, but if the pitch has any turn in it, they will not go for many runs. Even Ian Blackwell was tight in Pakistan for us, but when India went there they prepared pitches with absolutely no spin whatsoever.

However if the pitch has no help for seamers, then playing your 3rd quick may not turn out any more economical than playing an extra spinner ;)

i do not agree if there are flat wickets it is harder to hit seamers for sixes rather than spinners by likes of afridi and our seamers have good change of pace.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
There is nothing wrong in playing in Abu Dhabi. UAE is probably the most enthusiastic non-test playing nation there is. There will be large crowds, and the Abu Dhabi stadium is, IMO, one of the best grounds in the world.
The pitch has fairly even bounce, gets slow later in the day and has some assitance for seam early on. it is expected to turn fairly decently throughout. Not impossible to bat on and a little bit for everyone. Expect the outfield to not be very quick, as it has been raining lightly for the last fe weeks.

I am hoping I can go! :)

hassan17

Club Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
Sharjah Day/nighters are the best sight for the eyes. It is a very attractive ground, one of the most attractive ones I've seen (on TV!).

And many of Sharjah's matches have been absolutely thrilling!
Pakistan always Win at Sharjah!

Ritwik

co-founder
Hasn't there been something in the papers about the ICC not being very happy with this series? They seem to think (correctly IMO) that too much cricket between India and Pakistan will lessen the interest in the contests.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I think that they're also annoyed that India are on of the countries who moan a lot about player burn-out, but then go ahead and fill almost every gap in the FTP with series such as this, and seem to be wanting to do it even more in future.

vinuatlast

Club Captain
just kidding ..why is andrew always fuming at BCCI ..or the indian cricket team.???..given the fact that he has given a good enough article... on the BCCI...lol..i guess u might have foreseen ,,,India drub....England 4-0 on a trot... :p

gary0808

Club Cricketer
This series is a absolute joke. I hope both teams rest their big players like Inzi, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Afridi and Yousuf. Indians need to be rested for along gruelling time in the Carribean and Pakistan need to rest for the Lankans and England.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan VS India is now played too often, I know it's good for Cricket and both teams but not for players from both teams, they now may not get some time to rest. This also may also take out interest of cricket fans, Pakistan VS India should be played like the Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread