India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

What annoys me the most about this series is that the first ODI is a fund-raising match for the earthquake victims, and yet the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council are charging one million US dollars so the stadium can be used. That $1,000,000 should be going to the earthquake victims, not the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council.

Ah,but still the BCCI is intent upon paying this amount.
Their coffers are already overflowing,i suppose.

Much as I like India-Pakistan cricket, I don't want to go back to the glory days of Sharjah when there was an overdose of it that you got a bit tired of it. The passion will die down after the initial enthusiasm and India-Pakistan encounters might lose a bit of sting because of this.

I like bilateral series, but if we play in neutral venues, it should be a triangular tournament or a four-nation tournament and definitely not a bilateral series.

What annoys me the most about this series is that the first ODI is a fund-raising match for the earthquake victims, and yet the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council are charging one million US dollars so the stadium can be used. That $1,000,000 should be going to the earthquake victims, not the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council.

I suppose Abu Dhabi cricket council needs the money too for developing the game. They don't get a lot many high profile international matches.
Although it is undisputed that Earthquake Victims need it more urgently.

yes, earthquake victim need it more than Abu Dhabhi cricket council because if we cannot help earthquake victim now than it will be too late . I think Abudhabhi will get more matches in comming time as icc office moves to Dubai.

Now who is gonne boycott the series ?

faraz haider said:
yes, earthquake victim need it more than Abu Dhabhi cricket council because if we cannot help earthquake victim now than it will be too late . I think Abudhabhi will get more matches in comming time as icc office moves to Dubai.
You are right.On one side they are saying that India-Pakistan playing for earthquake victims on the other side Abu Dhabi is getting the money.It's not good. :(

Article from cricinfo:

DLF Cup, 2005-06

Butt dropped from Abu Dhabi ODIs

Cricinfo staff and PTI

April 7, 2006

Salman Butt, the Pakistani opener, has been dropped from the 14-man squad for the two ODIs against India to be played at Abu Dhabi on April 18 and 19. The selectors also named the Pakistan 'A' squad for the six-nation Euro-Asia one-day tournament also to be played at Abu Dhabi between April 22 to May 5.

Butt was part of the Pakistan squad that returned triumphant from Sri Lanka and played in the first two ODIs. Since scoring a century against India at Peshawar, his form slipped, with scores of 0, 0, 13, 26 and 4.

Besides Butt, Umar Gul, the medium pacer and Tahir Khan, the off spinner were also dropped from the senior squad but were included in the 'A' team, which will be captained by Hasan Raza. Abdur Rehman, the 26-year-old left-arm spinner, has been included in Pakistan's senior squad.

While India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will field their 'A' squads, the other participants, namely, Ireland, Scotland and hosts UAE will field their national teams.

Pakistan - Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal (wk), Shahid Afridi, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, R Naved-ul-Hasan, Faisal Iqbal, Abdul Rehman.

Pakistan 'A' - Hasan Raza (capt), Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar, Mohammad Hafeez, Bazid Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Yousuf, Mansoor Amjad, Zulqarnain Haider (wk), Tahir Khan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Irshad, Yasir Arafat and Samiullah Niazi.

? Cricinfo

I don't know why the selectors are getting harshed on Salman Butt.He needs some tips from the senior members.And in the meantime it's not helping him that Imran Farhat is really beginning to secure his place in the team.

Yeah, but remember, its cause of his own mistakes, Imran Farhat plays better then him anyway, and as he is my favorite player, I don?t mind.

usy said:
Yeah, but remember, its cause of his own mistakes, Imran Farhat plays better then him anyway, and as he is my favorite player, I don’t mind.
I know that usman. :p

Salman Butt is good and damned much better than Farhat IMO. Plus he's always performed pretty well against India.

ritwik, No, Farhat is 1x1000(to the power of 5) better then Butt, just trust me. Farhat Rules. Honestly. Best young opener ever, He is gifted, he is Legend.

usy said:
ritwik, No, Farhat is 1x1000(to the power of 5) better then Butt, just trust me. Farhat Rules. Honestly. Best young opener ever, He is gifted, he is Legend.
Farhat had 3 chances in a knock of 63 against Sri Lanka in the 2nd test. If that isn't luck, what is? Salman Butt, on the other hand, has looked much better against the opposition, and I think hes one for the future. The day Farhat isn't lucky, well, who knows what will happen

By the way, who is broadcasting this series? ARY Digital? Dish Network? Sky Sports?

Users who are viewing this thread