India

Raina was fluent yesterday.Hitting the ball out of the ground with ease.Rohit was great as well.RP needs to settle down.And yeah Gambhir needs to return to form.We missed a bludgeoning innings from someone like Sehwag yesterday.Bring Rohit to the lower middle order.He can smash the ball without settling down.Jadeja was eating balls.Yusuf dint even bother to hit a 4.
Im confident of title hopes though.We lost a match against NZ in WT20 07 and went on to win the cup.Hope that happens again and Oh we've already lost a match against them.So its time for some streak of wins.:D

Raina was definitely the pick of the batters. Ravindra Jadeja played a steady innings which is more suited for a 50 over encounter. The rest simply gave away their wickets.

Also,as far as Jadeja is concerned,I found that the elevation but not the distance. He failed to clear the ground on many a occassion.

One bowler who needs to be kicked out of the squad is Irfan Pathan. Thats where India lost the match. I really don't understand what the selectors saw in Irfan. He is a liability in this format:mad:

India played around 4 games Vs New Zealand it's now 0-4? :eek: NZ won all?

Thats the worst thing. We are 0-4 down.
It doesn't matter since we have the cup and they don't. ;)

After watching yesterday's warm-up, I'd go with the following XI for the actual tournament (unless something dramatic happens against Pakistan tomorrow):

1. Sehwag
2. Gambhir
3. Raina
4. Yuvraj
5. Dhoni
6. Rohit
7. Yusuf
8. Harbhajan
9. Zaheer
10. RP
11. Ishant

Ishant may be useful, especially in the first two games against Bangladesh and Ireland since he's got a bit of extra pace and bounce. In the Super 8's (providing we qualify) I'd try bringing PK into the mix.

Yeh, I'd probably agree with that side. I'd be tempted to bring Pragyan Ojha in, as I thought he bowled excellently yesterday and only got treatment from Taylor. I like hime alot, he's not afraid to give the ball some air which is always good.

Yeh, I'd probably agree with that side. I'd be tempted to bring Pragyan Ojha in, as I thought he bowled excellently yesterday and only got treatment from Taylor. I like hime alot, he's not afraid to give the ball some air which is always good.
Ojha can come in for Yusuf if the rest of our batsmen are in good nick. Yusuf has always struggled a bit at international level. But we still need his name down there in case the top order collapses.

Juxtaposition. OMG!!!

I think it's safe to say after the warmup that we won't be going in with a lineup with 5 bowlers and Irfan Pathan...

Ishant was good. Shockingly. Probably drop PK now, and keep Ishant/Zak/RP with Bhajji's spin. One of the Pathan brothers, and then all the batters. Should work.

I just bought an overpriced India jersey today. Hope they don't change it immediately after this tournament.

Useless swing bowlers is what India has. And they just dont seem to get Franklin out and play Vettori. They treat Vettori as if he is bowling on minefield.

India has really good players (bastman),good spin and part time bowlers,if Ishant Sharma finds his rhythem then it will be much better,because Zaheer is injured,we need one good fast bowler in those swing conditions to bowl quick...

The Best thing is that WE THRASHED PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!1:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

shubhrayu added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Chak De Phatte!!!!!

FOr Leggie:Chuck the Phutty!!:p

India has the right balance,but i feel Aus,NZ Eng,SA are good teams and they can do well in those seaming conditions,if P Kumar, I Pathan can do well along with I Sharma,RP Singh then it would be really difficult for any other tam to beat us,batting wise India is very strong..

I hope Viru is "fit" cos he will take all his anger out on bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread