Story Indian Cricket Season - THE ALLIANZ CUP (India Vs Pakistan) [C2005]

Salman Butt hits out!

After seeing his team crumble to the Indian seamers, Salman Butt set on hitting his way out. He hit a couple of spanking boundaries and a huge six too.

He has moved to 45 with Pakistan A 120/5 still trailing by 397 runs.

snap11zz.jpg

snap23mo.jpg

Sureshot said:
Short Legs spent too long in Brighton me thinks :D
Sure does! The antics of the close in fielders at times are bloody hilarious. For instance, when a ball is defended the silly point runs for his dear life as if some one is chasing him with a hot iron. :D

Butt is Butted out!

All the Pakistan A team's hopes of avoiding the follow on vanished as Salman Butt was dismissed. After carting Harbhajan Singh for a boundary and a six, Butt was feeling incredibly adventurous as he danced down the ground trying to chip a ball from the turbanator over Zaheer who was placed at short mid on.

His luck ran out as the wily sardar bowled a flatter one, which Butt couldn't get the elevation he was looking for and it ended as a tame catch to Zaheer. Pakistan A are 120/6 as Danish Kaneria walks in.

buttwicket3nf.jpg

Heheh.. good work... Polish off their tail. :)

Kaneria heads back to the pavillion

Kaneria's attempt at batting higher up the order for once, flopped miserably as his sorry stay at the crease was ended with Sehwag grabbing a stunning catch at backward short leg off Harbhajan.

He was dismissed for a duck as Pakistan A slip to 122/7. Moin Khan offers the lone semblance of hope at the other end as Ifthikar Anjum walks in. Bothe batsmen are at zero as such.

s3nx.jpg

Hey Machanperu Bala are you using any patches or playing the game without? your series seems entertaining, the ones i played in this game kinda bored me to death, hence i went back to cricket 2004, any pointers mate?

rudeypooh said:
Hey Machanperu Bala are you using any patches or playing the game without? your series seems entertaining, the ones i played in this game kinda bored me to death, hence i went back to cricket 2004, any pointers mate?
No I am not using any patches as such. As this is my first ever match with the game, I am using the practice match to get used to the game. But I will certainly be using a patch for the Test Series.

Infact, just now I downloaded the Spin's patch, which I would be using for the first test. I am planning to shift over to Doctor's and Tutsi's patch for the next couple of games.

Ifthikar Anjum falls first ball!

Harbhajan Singh has sent a huge warning to the home teams as he displayed his tricks with a ripping "doosra" first uo to the tail ender Ifthikar Anjum.

The ever incompetent tailender only popped the ball up where the skipper Dravid took an excellent tumbling catch at silly point.

Thats 2 in 2 balls for Bhajji as he guns down for a hattrick. Fazal e Akbar is the new batsman in and Moin Khan is still to open his account.

Pakistan A - 8/122

anjum7kr.jpg

Zaheer nails Moin!

Zaheer Khan, who was operating quietly on the other end, watching
Harbhajan ripping the Pakistani A tail to shreds had had enough and produced a peach of a delivery to dismiss Moin.

Moin Khan who was still stuck up at nought was drawn into the ball that moved away and edged the delivery to Dhoni. It was a beautiful delivery that shaped away from the batsman after pitching on middle stump.

The last man in Umar Gul walks in as Pakistan A wobble ate 122/9.

moin0ng.jpg

Pakistan A bundled out for 126!

Harbhajan got into the act yet again as he dismissed Fazal e Akbar for a well made 1. Dravid took yet another blinder at silly point as the tentative front foot defence yielded nothing but the wicket.

Pakistan A were packed home for 126 runs in the first innings with a huge margin of 390 runs in the defecit. A follow on is on the cards as India will be pushing for an outright win to boost their morale ahead of the test series.

akbar4pm.jpg

snap224cl.jpg

Pakistan A - 126 (33.2)
Salman Butt - 45
Harbhajan - 4/12 (7.2)
Pathan - 4/58 (12.0)

THE STATS

Score Card

snap239xo.jpg

Bowling Card

snap242ml.jpg

NEWS JUST IN

India enforce the follow on. Pakistan A will bat again as they trail the Indian score of 517 by 391 runs.

Thanks for the support guys. Reports from Pakistan A second innings will be posted from tomorrow.

Pak A 6/0 @ Lunch

Well Pakistan A have avoided any other disaster in their second innings, so far. The openers have survived the 7 overs before lunch without losing any wicket.

The only highlight in the second innings was Zaheer managing to make Salman Butt edge a ball through the slips for 4. Zaheer came around the wicket and banged the ball in short. Butt, who was not expecting it fended awkwardly and the ball raced through the vacant 3rd slip for 4.

snap11xg.jpg

Stay tuned for the post lunch session from Lahore!

Users who are viewing this thread