Story Indian Cricket Season - THE ALLIANZ CUP (India Vs Pakistan) [C2005]

Great work again Bala

Dissapointed not to see a slip take that catch :)

Sureshot said:
Well done Machanperu, you've got good English skills too.
Now you have done it! You have bossted my ego sky high!:D

Jokes apart, Thanks for the support mate

Cricket_60 said:
Great work again Bala

Dissapointed not to see a slip take that catch :)
Hey Thanks mate! I have been playing too much of ICC 2005 in which the opposition comes back real hard in the second innings. Thats why I set a mildly defensive field. Forgot I was playing C2005.

Sorry for the delay in the updates guys! I was on a splash and dash visit to my custonmer's end yesterday to discuss on the brake system for a new 100 Tonne truck. Wow that vehicle was HUGE! The place (Mysore) was excellent too.

Further updates tonight. Thanks for all your support.

Opening Salvo frustrates Indian bowlers

Salman Butt and Imran Nazir have been hell bent on preserving their wickets sofar, realizing that all the Indian bowlers need is an opening from which they can work on.

Four bowlers have been used so far and the surprize of the session has been the use of Yuvraj Singh as the second spinner. In fact, Yuvi was called on to bowl before Harbhajan. It is a clear signal that the daredevil lefthander might be used as a spinning option in the test series.

Agarkar is yet to be summoned to bowl, as the seamers are not getting any purchase from the wicket.

Coming to the home team, Nazir and Butt have stone walled any ball that was on a goodish length as they have taken all but 24 overs to score the 46 runs sofar.

Salman has been more attacking than Nazir as he has hit 3 fours sofar, with the pick being the imperious pull of a Harbhajan short ball.

Pakistan A - 46/0

butt1yu.jpg

Yuvraj snares Butt!

Yuvraj Singh has certainly justified his role as a back up spinner by picking the first wicket in the Pakistan A team's 2nd innings. He castled Salman Butt with a peach of a delivery. The ball was tossed up on outside off- stump and turned in.

The batsman, going for an expansive straight drive was undone by the spin and was bowled hook, line and sinker. The skipper made 22 runs as Paksitan A team slip to 46/1.

Hasan Raza walks in.

buttwicket18fq.jpg

Bhajji gets into the act!

Yuvraj dismissing the well set Salman Butt was exactly what required to spur the Turbanator. Harbhajan, who had picked 4 wickets in the first innings for just 12 runs, turned a ball, the literal mile after landing it in the ruff and Hasan Raza's tentative defensive prod only resulted the ball in air and Ajit Agarkar took a stunner fielding at silly point.

Pakistan A are 2/52.

Asim Kamal walks in. remember, he is on a KING PAIR.

snap192nx.jpg

Kamal bags a pair!

Asim kamal's hopes of making a come back to the test side were given a huge boot to the backside, as he was dismissed for a 3rd ball duck. His defensive prod was caught by an airborne Agarkar who was certainly raising eyebrows with his close in fielding skills.

Kamal has been pinned for a pair in this match as Pakistan A are wilting under the pressure exerted by the Indian spin duo.

Pakistan A - 3/52.

Saeed bin Nasir walks in.

snap218uf.jpg

who let agarkar in there :p. pakistan are long gone. india must be looking at the test matches now. should be a great series. great thread

India all over Pak A

India have stamped their authority all over this match as they head back to tea having the home team faltering at 60/4 in 32 overs.

Yuvraj Singh has struck another blow by removing the dangerous Saeed bin Nasir for 3.

Imran Nazir offers the lone semblance of hope as he remains unbeaten on 23.

The 4 wickets have been shared equally between the Indian spinners Yuvraj and Harbhajan.

yuv27pz.jpg

Scores at Tea!

snap282ld.jpg

Yuvraj turning his arm over... that's cool! :cool:

Nazir - A lone beacon of light!

While the rest of the batsmen were falling like nine pins around him, Imran Nazir looked resolute in his approach to blunt the Indian spin attack. He has stone walled expertly and would be hoping to salvage some personal gains from this match in which the home team has been, to put it mildly - HOPELESS!

nazir2mm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread