Story Indian Cricket Season - THE ALLIANZ CUP (India Vs Pakistan) [C2005]

THE STATS

snap521bm.jpg

snap538cb.jpg

snap542qd.jpg

A hell lot of thanks to all you guys for your support. Well, the tour match has ended and we are on to the real challenge" THE ALLIANZ CUP" and beyond.

Sureshot said:
Spins slightly dominant :D

You using a patch?
Nope! Not using any patch for the practice match. Though I am using The Spin's realistic patch for the first test.

Also the game is pretty good as it is. I could pick wickets with the quicks in the first innings (6 of 10) and as the match comes to a close, it favors the spinners.

Machanperu Bala said:
Nope! Not using any patch for the practice match. Though I am using The Spin's realistic patch for the first test.

Also the game is pretty good as it is. I could pick wickets with the quicks in the first innings (6 of 10) and as the match comes to a close, it favors the spinners.

Any tips on bowling them out with fast bolwers, majority end up as catches, though i got one run out :D

PCB announce squad for The Allianz Cup
Mohammad Asif, Imran Farhat recalled

The PCB today announced the squad that will take on India in the Allianz Cup test series. Inzamam ul Haq is retained as captain and the rest of the squad is in the expected lines. Mohammad Asif, the gangly right arm seamer gets a recall after his international hiatus following a disastrous performance in his debut test against Australia. Imran Farhat the plucky left handed opener also earns recall.

The squad

*Inzamam-ul-Haq [font=&quot][/font]
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Abdul Razzaq
Shoaib Akhtar
Shahid Afridi
Mohammad Sami
Shoaib Malik
Salman Butt
Naved-ul-Hasan
+Kamran Akmal
Arshad Khan
Danish Kaneria
Imran Farhat
Mohammad Asif
[font=&quot]Hasan Raza

[/font]
Hasan Raza retains his place in the squad after a lukewarm performance against the touring English side. Shoaib Akhtar will spear head the bowling attack that will feature Mohd. Sami, Naved ul Hasan and Asif. Danish Kaneria and Arshad Khan are the front line spinners selected for the series.

inz9bl.jpg

Tough times await for the skipper

raza0xd.jpg

Its high time he played to secure his place!

The Come back Kids

asif2wq.jpg

Asif -
The fourth dimension in the pace attack

farhat1tw.jpg

Farhat - A hard earned call

[font=&quot][/font]

Strong Pakistan squad. Lets hope they put up more of a fight then the A's.

Play 3 Openers - Gavaskar
Article Courtesy: Cricinfo.com

sg6bb.jpg

The little master opening his appeal for 3 openers

Sunil Gavaskar, the former Indian captain, has said that India should play three openers to counter Pakistan's new-ball attack in the Allianz Cup Test series that begins in Lahore.

On the Indian team's batting

"I would like to believe we have a good batting as well as a bowling line-up and I would like to suggest that we should play three openers "

On the tracks that are expected for the series.

"The tracks in the sub continent are the same. In fact it would suit the Indian bowlers, since they may be green on the top but are soft underneath. These are unlike pitches in Australia where they have green tops but are hard below."
With both sides enjoying recent successes in Test and one-day series at home, Gavaskar said that the series would be a closely contested one.

" While India beat Sri Lanka and South Africa, Pakistan beat England. So both teams look good."
Wasim Jaffer and Gautam Gambhir are the two openers in the squad vying to partner Virender Sehwag at the top of the order. While Jaffer failed to impress during his brief stay in the warm up game against Pakistan A at the Bagh - e - Jinnah in Lahore, Gambhir smashed a superb 227. that has virtually sealed his spot in the line up. What remains to be seen is whether Jaffer will be picked over the likes of VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly.

Pace holds the key - Imran Khan

imran8ck.jpg

Learning from the Legend - Sami is al ears for few pointers from
Imran Khan

Ex Pakistani captain and ace all rounder Imran Khan has stated that the extra pace of the Pakistani quicks might be the difference between the two sides.

When quizzed on the series, Imran said

"This should be a really well matched series as both teams are at the top of their games. Though the home advantage might work out in Pakistan's favour"
On the composition of the sides

" Both the teams are very strong in batting with some good players in the order. The spin attack is also well matched. Where Pakistan might score over India is by the extra pace of the pacers."
On the Pakistani pacers

"Shoaib, Rana, Asif and Sami are real good bowlers who are willing to bend their backs for the extra yard of pace. Shoaib and Asif might well be the difference between the two sides. Also some real good pacers like Shabbir (Ahmed), Umar (Gul), Ifthikar (Anjum) and Yasir (Arafat) are waiting in the wings. Pakistan are traditionally powerful in the pace attack."
On the result of the series,

" I can see Pakistan winning 1-0 or 2-1"

i just now saw this thread abt hutch cup!!!! Is this series included as tornament roster in cric2005 game????????? If so, can u send the link from where i can download it?????

"We are a confident lot" - Dravid

567483466ok.jpg

Rahul Dravid - Exuding Confidence

Indian Skipper Rahul Dravid has stated that his side has the confidence to take on Pakistan in their backyard.

"Obviously! We have what it takes to face Pakistan in Pakistan. We are a confident lot. Confidence is one thing that will take you places"
On the advantages that Pakistan held

"Of course they will get the major chunk of the crowd support. Also they have a fairly settled pace attack. Our pace attack is still in the process of gelling together as an unit. But we will take the fight out to them"
Dravid played down the talk that Ganguly might be forced to open the innings in order to accommodate in the line up

"Ofcourse, Sourav's record speaks for himself. We will decide on the starting line up after taking a look at the pitch"
On the outcome of the series

"Its going to be dog fight. I can assure you that we would give our absolute best"

Users who are viewing this thread