Story Indian Cricket Season - THE ALLIANZ CUP (India Vs Pakistan) [C2005]

These final few overs in a day's play can be really tricky for the batsmen. And for openers, thats the last thing they want to do.

go bala go. you have to love the bala. gambhir is just a gun at the moment. lovely presentation and i cant wait for the real matches to start (once we get away from the "A" games)

MWaugh said:
go bala go. you have to love the bala. gambhir is just a gun at the moment. lovely presentation and i cant wait for the real matches to start (once we get away from the "A" games)
Cheers mate! The reason, I am playing the full match against A teams is that this is my first ever game in C2005. All my attempts at 10 over games were poo.

Now I can say I can handle the game. Shoaib, bring it on!

Machanperu Bala said:
Pakistan A are 7/1 in the 4th over. Nazir is replaced by the youngest player in test history - Hasan Raza.

Wasn't that debated and found incorrect a while ago?

Sureshot said:
Wasn't that debated and found incorrect a while ago?
I should have been ignorant to the latest happenings. But I do remember seeing him as a kid making his ODI debut. He was reported to be 14 at that time. His looks as a 14 year old were believable.

Pathan deals a double blow
Pakistan A tottering!

Just when Hasan Raza and Salman Butt looked like reviving the Pakistani hopes of surviving the second day, Irfan Pathan delivered a couple of telling blows to remove Raza and next man in Asim Kamal off successive deliveries.

Hasan Raza seemt to forget that the day's close was impending as he went for an imperious hook, only to find the ball climbing on to him a tad higher for his liking. The end result was a spooned catch to Zaheer at square leg.

razawkt8pa.jpg

Pakistan A - 32 /2.

The next batsman in Kamal was clearly stunned by the swing and movement, that he played back to a delivery pitched on good length to find himself declared lbw first ball. Saeed bin Nasir walks in.

kamal3uq.jpg

Pakistan A - 32/3

Pakistan A regroup after initial setback

After Salman Butt and bin Nazir saw their team make it safe with out further damage to the end of Day 2, their task on Day 3 was to hang in there and make as much runs they could.

Resuming at 58/3, Saeed bin Nazir immediately went on the offensive, attacking Agarkar and Irfan Pathan. When Agarkar was replaced after his two overs went for 15, he concentrated on Pathan, carting him for a magnificent four over covers.

These two have now put 50 runs for the 4th wicket. Salman Butt has been more circumspect scoring just 19 from his team's score of 82.

Pakistan A 82/3.

partnership7ra.jpg

Pathan Nails bin Nasir

Saeed bin Nasir paid for his own impulsiveness to go after the bowling, when he tried to cart an away swinging ball from Pathan over mid wicket. The swing got the better of him and the ball ballooned to square leg where Zaheer took his 3rd catch.

Pathan has taken 3 wickets here as Farhan Adil walks in.

nazirwkt8eo.jpg

Pakistan A are 84/4.

Abrasive Indian seamers dent Pakistan-A progress

The Pakistani A team batsmen found it tough to survive the Indian seamers as they bowled with relentless accuracy and a hint of pace.

They did not spare a second thought to bang the occassional ball in short and make the batsmen flinch awkwardly. Farhan Adil was at the receiving end of two accurate bouncers which homed in perfectly towards his head.

The frustrated batsman tried hit his way out of misery and pulled a short one to square leg giving Pathan his 4th wicket.

adil2cc.jpg

Nice game so far, Bala. Let's see whether you can force an innings win. :)

Users who are viewing this thread