Indian Domestic Cricket

you can go two ways with that.

you could also say that mohammad irfan is a diamond in the rough, not to mention he's from pakistan and was chosen by wasim akram. you never know; a fast bowler is a fast bowler.

you can't say that he don't have talent, it will be only tested when he'll play at the highest levet.

Also I don't think he would hardly get a game for KRR in presence of Lengeveldt and Matthews.

HCA polls: ruling group holds sway

Special Correspondent

HYDERABAD: The ruling group, led by N. Shivlal Yadav, former Test star and now vice-president of BCCI, won most of the important posts (barring the Treasurer's post) in the elections of the Hyderabad Cricket Association held at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium here on Sunday.

The player-dominated ruling panel with three former Test cricketers ? Shivlal Yadav, Arshad Ayub and S. L. Venkatapathi Raju in it ? won the electoral battle against political heavyweights like G. Vivekanand, Lok Sabha Member, and Kasani Gyaneshwar, MLC, both of whom lost the elections for vice-presidentship.

The expected cross-voting (total votes polled were 226) favouring the opposition group did not come about. But it was visible in favour of the ruling group with Shivlal himself polling the highest number of votes ? 182.

He was followed by E. Venkatram Reddy, Director of Deccan Chargers (Operations), with 174 votes and Venkatapathi Raju (126 votes). All these candidates were declared elected for the post of three vice-presidents.

The losers were G. Vivekanand (99 votes), Gyaneshwar (35 votes) and Kishen Rao (19 votes).

It was also a thumping victory for incumbent joint secretary D. S. Chalapathi who trounced former HCA secretary P. R. Man Singh with a 154-66 margin for the post of secretary.

Seshadri Venkateswaran of Indian Airlines clinched the joint-secretary's post defeating former Ranji cricketer N. Prahlad by 174-50 votes.

Incumbent treasurer P. Yadgiri was locked in a keen contest against first-timer Naresh Sharma.

At one stage, the Returning Officer Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, stopped the counting of votes after the two were tied at 112 votes each to clear all doubts before proceeding further. Eventually, it was Naresh who emerged winner by two votes (114-112).

Shivlal attributed the success of his panel to the efforts of his team over the years. ?We went to the voters with an open heart and we are thankful to every one of them for reposing faith in us,? he said.

Referring to the treasurer's post which his panel lost, Shivlal said that every member of the Executive Committee would extend complete support to Naresh Sharma.

?We will function as one team. Our objective is to ensure transparency,? he said.

Final results (with number of votes polled in brackets):

Secretary ? D. S. Chalapathi (154) - winner, P. R. Man Singh (66) - loser.

Vice-presidents: Winners ? N. Shivlal Yadav (182), E. Venkatram Reddy (174), S. L. Venkatapathi Raju (126). Losers ? G. Vivekanand (99), Kasani Gyaneshwar (35), Kishen Rao (19).

Joint secretary ? S. Venkateshwaran (174)- winner, N. Prahlad (50) - loser.

The Hindu : Sport : HCA polls: ruling group holds sway

Can anyone find the stats (batting and bowling) for the BCCI Corporate Trophy 2010/11? The stats page on cricinfo doesn't exist or just keeps crashing before it loads.

use this link

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/index.html?id=6103;type=tournament

:)

opteron added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I believe Tamil Nadu has a powerhouse batting lineup and TN could be the team to reckon with in the upcoming seasons. With Mukund and Vijay at the top and the two Karthiks to follow along with Badrinath and then Ganapathy/Ashwin/Balaji in the bowling, thist team has the blend of youth and experience.

One could say the same about Bengaluru as well with its youngsters performing well last season as well. All in all, this upcoming Ranji season promises to be an exciting one with a lot of youngsters vying for that Indian team spot.

I think it's time for Srikkanth to look at Mukund instead of Vijay as a backup opener. Mukund has already proven that he can succeed outside the subcontinent and we have all seen how Vijay struggles when there is even a little bit of bounce.

you can go two ways with that.

you could also say that mohammad irfan is a diamond in the rough, not to mention he's from pakistan and was chosen by wasim akram. you never know; a fast bowler is a fast bowler.

Ahem ahem

Can we now agree that he is crap and was only picked because he is a huge freak who will draw crowds.

Hey I'm sad too, I'd love to see a 7 foot pacer reminiscent of the West Indian days. just calling a spade a spade as I did initially.

All those youtube clips were of him bowling to Pakistani FC batsman, just because he troubled those hacks did not automatically mean he would be ace at the top level. Massive jump in batting skill level from Pakistan domestic to International cricket

Can we now agree that he is crap and was only picked because he is a huge freak who will draw crowds.

He was picked because he could draw crowds? What nonsense! He was picked because they thought he was good and he was dropped because he didn't perform well. It had nothing to do with drawing crowds, he had done hard yards in Pakistan domestic cricket and for Pakistan A, albeit in a short period of time, but his height meant that he could possibly have provided something new for the attack.

I'm with manee here.

Also, a 7 foot fast bowler opens up a lot of opportunities due to the extra bounce that is expected from delivering the ball from so high up.

He was picked because he could draw crowds? What nonsense! He was picked because they thought he was good and he was dropped because he didn't perform well. It had nothing to do with drawing crowds, he had done hard yards in Pakistan domestic cricket and for Pakistan A, albeit in a short period of time, but his height meant that he could possibly have provided something new for the attack.

I mean picked by IPL not Pakistan

No Indians are going to flock to see Pakistani fast bowlers barring Shoaib or someone with similar star power. I think he was picked because a 7 foot FAST bowler will pwn inexperienced Indian batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread