Indian Domestic Cricket

Great showing by Mukund once again. Only a matter of time before he replaces Vijay as the backup opener.

I mean picked by IPL not Pakistan

Still doesn't make much sense. In the grand scheme of things, IPL teams play to win and he won't draw crowds if he is not being picked. Also, no matter how petulant and childish Indian crowds are, they will eventually get bored of someone simply being very tall.

Mumbai feels the heat there, Mukund played hell too good.
Dhawan and Badri also looked in good touch.

Once again the Irani trophy will be won by ROI, Mumbai's drought continues.

Still doesn't make much sense. In the grand scheme of things, IPL teams play to win and he won't draw crowds if he is not being picked. Also, no matter how petulant and childish Indian crowds are, they will eventually get bored of someone simply being very tall.

Well we just have to agree to disagree. It's the same way IPL teams pick washed up losers like Kaif, because they know the crowds want to see them. Not because they are the best players around.

It's the same way IPL teams pick washed up losers like Kaif, because they know the crowds want to see them.
Mark, I don't know whether anyone would want to see Kaif play. :laugh

Kaif is a pretty good player.

Good to see Mukund in the runs. Hopefully he can double it up and Badri too...needs to get back into the scheme of things. Can't let such a huge talent be wasted.

Well we just have to agree to disagree. It's the same way IPL teams pick washed up losers like Kaif, because they know the crowds want to see them. Not because they are the best players around.
Agree with the others, Kaif isn't the best example. His game is pretty bowling but his fielding is awesome. His batting is okay, used to be underrated but I don't know what it's like now.

OT but I think back when Kaif was in the limelight he had a smaller percentage of body fat than a supermodel. :p

ROI has just bundled Mumbai. Parthiv has been scoring some huge numbers in domestic cricket and we still see KKD in our national side as backup keeper.

KDK has also been scoring huge numbers...

Lol @ Yuvraj being the only batsman to fail in the first innings though. Granted he came out to bat during a very good spell from Dhawal Kulkarni, but still disappointing for him. The only reason ROI are batting again is because Yuvi didn't make runs the first time around.

Unadkat picked up 4 wickets(mainly cleaned up the tail I guess), but Cricinfo does say that Chawla was the pick of the bowlers with his 3 wickets.

Nayar got 1 run...depressing.

Why are we (ROI) batting again? I would just declare and go for the innings win...

I like how Yuvraj promotes him self above Badrinath when the coast is clear...trying to get some cheapo runs to get back into the team.

Nayar got 1 run...depressing.

Why are we (ROI) batting again? I would just declare and go for the innings win...

I like how Yuvraj promotes him self above Badrinath when the coast is clear...trying to get some cheapo runs to get back into the team.

They have already won because they scored more runs in the first innings, I think. They are just ensuring that they don't lose at this stage.

The crowds want to see Mohammad Kaif? On paper, he is a solid batsman and a good fielder, he is just the sort of domestic player the IPL would want. He is a proven failure now though and I'm sure he will now struggle to secure a contract.

They have already won because they scored more runs in the first innings, I think. They are just ensuring that they don't lose at this stage.

That's just stupid. No way are they going to lose. Might as well go for the outright win.

This is what is wrong with Indian domestic cricket.

Yuvraj scored a double. :laugh I saw a bit of it when he was on 40 odd and looked like he won't go above 50. Rahane is playing very well here. 191*

Very good innings by Rahane (191). He's been in great form over the past 3-4 seasons and deserves a call-up to the Indian squad atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread