Indian Premier League - General Discussion

TBH, the CSK batting line-up has been disappointing so far this season. MS has played a couple of important knocks and they have been able to win those important moments in the match. Watson has been very poor so far in the tournament and I think CSK management can give some more chances to Sam Billings. I know Watson has been a proven performer but right now he can't buy a run and is also not bowling and you have to hide him in the field. An exciting player like Sam Billings can be given some more chances considering he can provide that flexibility in the batting order and he is a gun fielder. Other than that, I don't see Dhoni making any other changes even though they are failing consistently in batting.

CSK need a partnership right now between Dhoni and Rayudu where they score at a decent rate and don't lose a wicket till 16th over. If they can survive till then, I think the dew and RCB death bowling will help them win.

I hope Dhoni takes forward his 'passion' from CSK to Indian team. He has been below average in international cricket (batting) but has been performing for CSK in each and every season.

It's good to see that all our players of 15-men squad including the backups are in good form and fitness. World Cup would be a hell of tournament this year. :yes

I hope Dhoni takes forward his 'passion' from CSK to Indian team. He has been below average in international cricket (batting) but has been performing for CSK in each and every season.

It's good to see that all our players of 15-men squad including the backups are in good form and fitness. World Cup would be a hell of tournament this year. :yes

Last 4 months he has done well in all formats be it International, domestic, IPL or anything. It's just that 2018 wasn't a good year for him. Every player goes through such slump. I think he has done well in recent past

Last 4 months he has done well in all formats be it International, domestic, IPL or anything. It's just that 2018 wasn't a good year for him. Every player goes through such slump. I think he has done well in recent past
CSK & India, there comes his performance difference. Dhoni looks more confident and destructive in Yellow jersey than Blue jersey.

Btw who is Anil Chaudhary, the umpire? Anyone?

That delivery to Raina was absolute peach! As I said earlier there is no better feeling as cricket fan then to see Dale Steyn bowl and see him doing well.

That was some cockiness from MS in the penultimate over - refused to take 3 singles as Bravo by no means is a mug with the bat.

Maybe coming to bat after a 2 weeks layoff due to injury or some niggles but what do I know?

That 3 runs in the end proved crucial.

What a terrible over from Umesh though nearly choked RCB again!

refused to take 3 singles as Bravo by no means is a mug with the bat.
That was the turning point of the game. If he had scored couple of runs in that over, they would've won this.

Yeah easy to say all that for us sitting in front of the TV and that too now after the match is lost by just a run. What if the match was won, people would have forgotten those refused singles for sure! For me that was an epic innings. It was only because of him they came so close. Similar to the Russell and Rana partnership the other day.

The whole world has been targeting MS Dhoni outside the off stump and mixing it with slower deliveries for years now. And what does the legendary Umesh Yadav does bowls half bumpers and low full tosses barring the last ball where a chat from ABD perhaps did the trick.

And why was he given the last over? When Stoinis had an over left - Umesh has been poor in death for years now and just recently against Australia failed to defend 15 odd runs against the tailenders.

RCB was extremely lucky to get away with that win.

That was some cockiness from MS in the penultimate over - refused to take 3 singles as Bravo by no means is a mug with the bat.

I wouldn't say cockiness but he definitely miscalculated. I hate when players does that especially when they have a proper batsman at the other end. I think Andre Russel also did the same thing on Friday against RCB. He refused singles to Nitish Rana when Rana was batting on 78. Today however even though Bravo was only batting on 5, he is still capable of at least taking a single and give strike back to MS. I think that definitely was a miscalculation on Dhoni part.

However, how bad did Umesh bowl in that last over. It is so frustrating that even with so much experiance that he has right now, he still struggles to bowl at the death. He has seen Dhoni bat so closely and still didn't go for a single wide yorker. This time around, it was 95% in his favour with him defending 26 runs but he still almost choked with Parthiv Patel saving him in the end.

I did get a feeling even when CSK were 4 down early that if Dhoni stays till the end, he has the capability to win the game for CSK. However, that last over batting was something else by Dhoni. He is hitting the form at a perfect time and makes me pretty happy as an Indian fan.

P.S Saini bowled an excellent 19th over despite bowling that no ball in that over.

Most Consistent Run Machine - Virat Kohli Umesh Yadav

Yeah easy to say all that for us sitting in front of the TV and that too now after the match is lost by just a run. What if the match was won, people would have forgotten those refused singles for sure! For me that was an epic innings. It was only because of him they came so close. Similar to the Russell and Rana partnership the other day.
Dhoni himself has acknowledged (in post match interview) about those missed chances of taking those singles which could've changed the game completely. That's the reason why I mentioned it.

Epic innings by MSD :clap Umesh was horrible as usual. Parthiv Patel saved the match for us which was already lost by Umesh. Lol

Do anyone remember the epic game between India and Bangladesh in T20WC 2016?

I wouldn't say cockiness but he definitely miscalculated. I hate when players does that especially when they have a proper batsman at the other end. I think Andre Russel also did the same thing on Friday against RCB. He refused singles to Nitish Rana when Rana was batting on 78. Today however even though Bravo was only batting on 5, he is still capable of at least taking a single and give strike back to MS. I think that definitely was a miscalculation on Dhoni part.

However, how bad did Umesh bowl in that last over. It is so frustrating that even with so much experiance that he has right now, he still struggles to bowl at the death. He has seen Dhoni bat so closely and still didn't go for a single wide yorker. This time around, it was 95% in his favour with him defending 26 runs but he still almost choked with Parthiv Patel saving him in the end.

I did get a feeling even when CSK were 4 down early that if Dhoni stays till the end, he has the capability to win the game for CSK. However, that last over batting was something else by Dhoni. He is hitting the form at a perfect time and makes me pretty happy as an Indian fan.
TBH , I was writing that cockiness part after the 3rd dot in the 19th over but as soon I saw Umesh bowling the last over held back said to a a friend who was watching alongside and a big CSK supporter that games over Umesh has a long history of bowling terrible overs at the death and MS is too good to miss out on him.

But thanks to AB and Parthiv and bit of Umesh as well to perfectly execute atleast the ball and finally get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread