Indian Premier League - General Discussion

I really hope Saini makes it into the Indian team after WC is done.. Great prospect and knows his strength, gives the feels of Bumrah who can be dependable in situations..He bowls really good pace but his consistency in the line and length is great to see , something for Umesh to learn..

Brilliance from Dhoni great to watch .. Miscalculation or not whatever decisions he takes I like to back him up on that (though I was like why) , because he is only one in the world who can pull something like that..

I think that 111m six made Yadav shit his pants , that sounded sweeeeet..

With that fantastic innings, MSD becomes the first Indian and 3rd player overall to reach the milestone of 200+ sixes in IPL. Gayle and ABD are the other two players.

CSK & India, there comes his performance difference. Dhoni looks more confident and destructive in Yellow jersey than Blue jersey.

It's not about performance but it's about role that is given to him. In CSK he is the aggressor while for India he is an accumulator who shields the entire batting line-up from a collapse. Last year, most of the times he batted for India they were facing a collapse so the situation didn't demanded him to go for the big shots. And this has actually made him a better player and that is why his performance for India has improved just recently.

This is a strong response from Ajinkya Rahane to the ones who called him a player not suitable for limited overs format :cheers

The batting so far has been an absolute dream. Both Rahane and Smith have played ridiculously well and Rahane is still going. Just unreal batting from him.

Wow... third golden duck in a row for Turner. This is insane and I am just wondering what is going on in his head right now. This is IPL, not BBL ;)

Ajinkya Rahane at its best today looks a different player altogether when he looks to play his strokes and take on the opposition.Even for India in LOIs his best performances came as an opener especially that England tour in 2014.

Brilliant knock from RAHANE with a strike rate of 166. :clap

Wow... third golden duck in a row for Turner. This is insane and I am just wondering what is going on in his head right now. This is IPL, not BBL ;)
Seems like the Australians that end up in the IPL on the back of their BBL performances are struggling the most. The struggle Turner is going through seems like how D'Arcy Short struggled immensely last IPL season on slow tracks where he couldn't replicate his 150+ strike rate from the BBL into IPL form. BBL form can be misleading when you are looking for talented Aussie players to fit in the squad.

Think RR were also let down by Stokes' performances this season. Nothing helpful really with the ball or the bat. Personally I feel he's batting way too low. I think he'd be perfect at 3 given he takes time to build an innings and plunder the attack at the end. Don't think he's that big of a power hitter to be lying there at #6 and coming straight in to bat in the death overs.

Well that was some inning by Rishabh Pant. This is probably the first time I have seen him play a sensible inning when his team was in need. He actually played according to the situation and won the game for his team. Anyways, I think experiance like this will make him even better as a batsman and that will be amazing to see as an Indian fan. Feeling a little bad for Jinks because he played an absolute dream of an inning but Turner not turning up (sorry) in any of the game so far hasn't helped them finish their matches.

Couldn't watch the RCB v CSK game in full, but I watched the last 3 overs and it was some of the most stunning drama ever in recent times. The man (MSD) single handedly took CSK to the doorstep of victory but showed in the last ball that he is after all human! It did feel heart breaking because it was a monstrous knock and one that deserved a win. But credit to RCB because somehow they've found in Dale Steyn a bowler who gets early wickets and puts oppositions under pressure. They have most likely found him too late for this IPL, but maybe he continues and gives RCB a lift next season (if he stays fit).

I think it is high time Watson is rested and Sam Billings is given the opening spot along with Faf Du Plessis. Faf is in very good form and someone like Billings can play an aggressor role at the top where Faf plays anchor. And I think Raina is slowly fading away into oblivion. His returns in recent IPL's (not just this one - the last one and the one before that with Gujarat Lions) have definitely showed the "fade off effect". CSK definitely need to take stock of Raina and see if he is still someone who needs to be persisted from a long term perspective. Yes, he is called Mr. IPL for the sheer amount of runs he has scored, but honestly speaking, I feel he is in his last legs.

Loved the Rahane innings. Sad it did not end up in victory. But he batted with full of passion. The punch he did when he got to his 50 showed it all...

P.s: In a way, happy that the IPL final is stripped off Chepauk. I would actually say that Chepauk should be banned from all forms of cricket until that stands issue is officially sorted.

They have most likely found him too late for this IPL, but maybe he continues and gives RCB a lift next season (if he stays fit).

Wait a second, they still have got a chance if they make it 4 on 4. And guess what ? They have 3 of their 4 games at home. In 2014 IPL after playing 10 matches Mumbai had won only 3 and had lost 7 but after they won 4 out of 4 and we all know how they played in the last match against Rajasthan Royals. So a fair bit of chance if they depend on wins and luck factor. Who knows they might ? A loss would mean they are out of the tournament. Same for Rajasthan

And I liked Rishabh Pant's attitude. He was like "Listen whoever you are and whatever you bowl, I am the best young player in this league and I am going to smash you if you don't bowl well to me" :lol:lol

And that's the attitude with which he is playing this season. Be it Bumrah, Archer, Ashwin or anyone of that sort of quality he still plays them fearlessly

And I think Raina is slowly fading away into oblivion. His returns in recent IPL's (not just this one - the last one and the one before that with Gujarat Lions) have definitely showed the "fade off effect". CSK definitely need to take stock of Raina and see if he is still someone who needs to be persisted from a long term perspective. Yes, he is called Mr. IPL for the sheer amount of runs he has scored, but honestly speaking, I feel he is in his last legs.

I feel you are being a bit harsh on him. Actually he did well for the Gujarat Lions and I guess was the highest scorer for them that season (2017). Yeah he was completely out of touch last season but this year he has actually done a lot better than previous year. He just need to keep his head simple and play his natural game without thinking much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread