Indian Premier League - General Discussion

One swallow, does not a summer make. Rahane played a fluent and excellent innings yesterday, but I will believe he's truly back once he achieves his consistency again. I have no doubt in my mind that him being dropped from the test side rocked his confidence. Hopefully, this is the start of something more in line with the Rahane of old.

One swallow, does not a summer make. Rahane played a fluent and excellent innings yesterday, but I will believe he's truly back once he achieves his consistency again. I have no doubt in my mind that him being dropped from the test side rocked his confidence. Hopefully, this is the start of something more in line with the Rahane of old.

When I look back at it Rahane's dropping was justified as he was given opportunities but he failed for 4 consecutive series so any team might look to drop him. I think the number chances you get to play in Indian team once you are a reputed player are more than what any Country gives. And dropping in just 2 tests after playing about 30-40 Tests is not something which can affect your confidence.

Manish Pandey when he plays makes you wonder If only he was consistent enough like this the whole career. Followed his career since 2009 - From maiden IPL ton to almost single handedly winning Karnataka the Ranji Trophy in 09/10 , 2014 IPL final knock to the Sydney hundred. Had his fair bit of opportunities in the last couple of years but somehow failed to grab it.

IIRC he was dropped right after scoring a century against SA?

Are you sure ? Because I remember correctly he was averaging 3.89 the series right before it and was struggling to get his bat on ball except the one shot that he hit to Malinda Pushpakumara coming down the track for a boundary in his last innings prior to that series

This is a below par score I feel. No power hitting during the last 3 overs is going to be costly.

It's time Yusuf Pathan hangs up his boots. I was skeptical about him when he stayed with SRH and looks like I was right about it. Just occupying a slot based on past laurels (that too many seasons ago)

What are the chances that Watson would have still been in the side had he been playing for RCB?

This is a below par score I feel. No power hitting during the last 3 overs is going to be costly.

It's time Yusuf Pathan hangs up his boots. I was skeptical about him when he stayed with SRH and looks like I was right about it. Just occupying a slot based on past laurels (that too many seasons ago)
For some odd reason your predictions seem to hold true :D

This match is so reminiscent to the IPL 2018 final. Strong powerplay bowling and SRH slowly lose the grasp on the game. Watson is unstoppable at the moment. 175 never seemed enough when you consider SRH were looking at 200+ at one stage.

Manish Pandey when he plays makes you wonder If only he was consistent enough like this the whole career. Followed his career since 2009 - From maiden IPL ton to almost single handedly winning Karnataka the Ranji Trophy in 09/10 , 2014 IPL final knock to the Sydney hundred. Had his fair bit of opportunities in the last couple of years but somehow failed to grab it.
He needs to bat at #3 or #4. Anything below that and he fails.

Watson has been very poor so far in the tournament and I think CSK management can give some more chances to Sam Billings. I know Watson has been a proven performer but right now he can't buy a run and is also not bowling and you have to hide him in the field.

LOL

This is what happens when your captain backs you and this is where Dhoni is so much ahead and better than Kohli in terms of captaincy. This is the same Watson who was considered old and done when with RCB two years ago. And here he is now with the backing of a captain enjoying himself, same way as he did in the last season with CSK.

Deja vu of the IPL final last year. 2.3 overs CSK 3 - 1 for then Masterclass by Shane Watson.

Deserved a Hundred here was superb today in total flow.

Deep Dasgupta just now on the commentary:

CSK Rarely changes their line-up. I remember a few years ago when they lost 4 games in a row and still kept the same line-up. The only thing that changes is theor strategy and not people just like how they brought in Harbhajan today in place of Shardul Thakur.

Top drawer mate!

What are the chances that Watson would have still been in the side had he been playing for RCB?

I think he would have been dropped in any other franchise. It's just that he would have been dropped probably after his 3rd game in RCB while the other franchises would have dropped him after 4th or 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread