Indian Premier League - General Discussion

I doubt it. It would also be a bad decision if Rana is picked for India so quickly. I heard he has a List A average of just 22. Let Rana use his new IPL fame to now go back to domestic cricket, plunder a lot more runs there and then prime himself up for national selection. He should not be picked for CT.
That has been our perennial problem. The moment someone shows some promise, we get overexcited and wish to see in the Indian colors. Rana and Pant are prime examples of this. I strongly concur with you regarding letting them have a go in the domestic scene first.

That has been our perennial problem. The moment someone shows some promise, we get overexcited and wish to see in the Indian colors. Rana and Pant are prime examples of this. I strongly concur with you regarding letting them have a go in the domestic scene first.

I was saying that more about Rana. I want Pant to be selected though. Pant is not really an IPL star. He has made his mark outside of the IPL. But Nitish Rana has just made his credentials in this IPL and that too in the past few weeks. Way too early to be jumping in on him and blooding him in India side. By the way, there is a huge line before him who deserve their chances (Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer). Actually more than Rana, I would give Samson a shot because he has performed across IPL's and is now a veteran.

Actually now that you say that, I might have a rethink about whether Pant should be picked for CT. I am actually more on for Samson who is also a keeper. We also have Dinesh Karthik and Parthiv who are doing well this IPL and who are in line for keeping duties post Dhoni. Probably let Pant wait for his chance and be first inducted in our T20I side.

Narine when he hits is a beast. What innings and what a start for KKR

Narine is a useful opening batsman. Can hit big when required. Gave KKR a very strong start and momentum with that brisk knock.

I doubt it. It would also be a bad decision if Rana is picked for India so quickly. I heard he has a List A average of just 22. Let Rana use his new IPL fame to now go back to domestic cricket, plunder a lot more runs there and then prime himself up for national selection. He should not be picked for CT.
To be honest i don't want both of them (although Krunal had a decent Vijay Hazare trophy) in the team but the perenninal problem has more so to do with the Ipl. Players have been solely picked on the basis of IPl performances ever since its inception and thats the reason i said the i won't be a suprise for me atleast if both of them get picked up in the CT squad.Let's see what the selectors are thinking - whether they go for a newbies or experienced campaigners?

Remains to be seen, I thought they were holding KKR back not too badly considering. Sometimes I think a wicket is worse than letting the batsmen stay...

Basil Thampi looks really, really good. If he keeps bowling like he is currently, he'll make his international debut within a couple of years. Loads of promise.
Yeah. I agree with you. He just needs to be more consistent on his line. And he will learn that as he plays more matches.

Shikhar Dhawan seems certain for the CT! I'd pick Maneesh Pandey as opener tbh. He's brilliant in the field and he's in the form of his life!

So Sarfaraz Khan gets replaced. Too bad we wont be able to see if he had made any progress to his game.

I disagree. They seem to have adopted a slow-start strategy which is hurting the team's end totals. I reckon they are 15 runs short.

slow-start strategy
I don't think it is a strategy it more because of Warner having trouble finding the gaps.
Three Phorty is playing with more improvement I think he can act as a back up opener for India in a couple of years.

Smith should leave Pune tbh. Been a frustrating tournament for him and the team has no chance of finishing top 4. Looks jaded, just like Rahane. Might as well catch a break before CT.

Users who are viewing this thread