abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finally some sense prevailed to cancel the league. I for one was excited about IPL happening again when the English tests were going on but things changed drastically. We really need all round better leadership. We need better leaders leading the country, we need better oppositions holding the ruling party and we need young people to step up.

Very well said !! It has shown just how shallow our 'India Shining' is. The only positive (or rather non negative) from this second wave has been the involvement of regular citizens and youth in helping their fellow Indian, at a time when the system gave up on them big time.

I do not think we will ever be able to repay the contributions of the frontline workers during these times. Plus we have had new warriors coming up everywhere - be it on the ground or online. One of the few times when social media has risen above the petty trolls and 15-sec-famers to actually help humanity for real by connecting the needy with beds, cylinders, ambulances, medicines. I myself had joined a couple of local help groups in BLR and the rigour with which people were involved to help was the silver lining we all need during these times

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
we need better oppositions holding the ruling party and we need young people to step up.
Unfortunately, congress has not done anything in the past seven years to even think of building something. All they eon was due to BJP's supreme failures at times. Youth, can't say anything - they're more interested on Tik-Tok/IG Reels. I'm afraid, we'll be doomed in the next few years.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Unfortunately, congress has not done anything in the past seven years to even think of building something. All they eon was due to BJP's supreme failures at times. Youth, can't say anything - they're more interested on Tik-Tok/IG Reels. I'm afraid, we'll be doomed in the next few years.
Beg to differ on this. The same phone addicts and IG influencers helped out in big ways while the govt failed

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
What's done is done! Lessons would be learnt and hopefully wiser decisions are taken next time round. The concerns surrounding the reboot ought to be parked for later. If and when, they actually plan one- the ground realities and vulnerabilities should be taken into consideration.

Of immediate concern is the hosting of the WT20. In my opinion, the ICC should move this to the UAE or a country where the virus has been controlled to a large extent. Given that the WT20 is a good few months away, the ICC needs to ensure that the squads+support staff travelling are fully vaccinated. I have maintained that squad sizes are partially responsible and this is something that needs to be looked at seriously. For the WT20, propose that they stick with a squad of 15. However, let the teams carry 23 members to the host nation(the remaining 8 can quarantine and stay in a secure environment-should the need for a replacement arise)

Back to the IPL, even if they are unable to host it for 2021, it shouldn't be deemed as a failure. True, the board stands to lose financially. But given that we are talking of the BCCI, pretty sure this amount can be recovered in a matter of months.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Amit Mishra tests positive now. I hope all the players and staff recover quickly and pray for their safety and health. The players and have staff have entertained us in dire situation, they need our support.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So the reasons for the breach are astonishing and a board like BCCI who managed a flawless IPL last year is to be blamed.

1. The company that handled bio-secure bubble was not managing this years IPL. This was left to local bodies and teams. Absolutely shocking!
  2. Up until last week, food delivery was allowed. Wow!
  3. Players and staff who contacted virus was at the airport terminal. We as fans were screaming loudly to not have these many venues. If only BCCI listened.
  4. Players were wearing a tracking device which was locally sourced and did not work 100% of the time which prevented tracking and tracing. :clap Well done!
BCCI and franchise are set for a 2000 crore loss and BCCI should bear all the cost. I would think that a board with so much money would have brains to run its own business forget anything else. I am sure if this was handled by Lalit Modi, IPL would have been much more entertaining than it is currently and innovative as well.

Every single member of BCCI and IPL governing council should immediately be fired. No wonder Adam Zampa felt insecure about the bubble. BCCI like the Indian government played with lives of so many. I wish this was a different country where the government and organization like BCCI would be help accountable. Shameless and absolute pathetic.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So the reasons for the breach are astonishing and a board like BCCI who managed a flawless IPL last year is to be blamed.

1. The company that handled bio-secure bubble was not managing this years IPL. This was left to local bodies and teams. Absolutely shocking!
  2. Up until last week, food delivery was allowed. Wow!
  3. Players and staff who contacted virus was at the airport terminal. We as fans were screaming loudly to not have these many venues. If only BCCI listened.
  4. Players were wearing a tracking device which was locally sourced and did not work 100% of the time which prevented tracking and tracing. :clap Well done!
BCCI and franchise are set for a 2000 crore loss and BCCI should bear all the cost. I would think that a board with so much money would have brains to run its own business forget anything else. I am sure if this was handled by Lalit Modi, IPL would have been much more entertaining than it is currently and innovative as well.

Every single member of BCCI and IPL governing council should immediately be fired. No wonder Adam Zampa felt insecure about the bubble. BCCI like the Indian government played with lives of so many. I wish this was a different country where the government and organization like BCCI would be help accountable. Shameless and absolute pathetic.
I have read the same - there was a vast difference in the IPL bubble last time and this time. The management was very poor as you mentioned. The ground staff and other staff were tested only once every two days, while players were tested daily which is crazy considering the staff is the one more at risk.

Wives, GFs were allowed to travel with the team in the bubble, thereby increasing the head count. Was that really necessary?

And they took the decision to indefinitely defer the IPL only because foreign players and officials started showing serious concerns over it. Else they were all set to ignore and continue with the next 3-4 games before moving the tournament to Mumbai.

Shambolic is the word that comes to mind

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
However, Jai Shah had other things on his mind, esp the utilization of that multi-million dollar project in Ahmedabad.
Well, that shiny new project will have to wait a long time before it gets to host another match. That ought to be frustrating for him...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Would prefer the vintage and classic Eden Gardens on any given day, over shove-it-off-your-throat Motera
Indeed!

I actually envisioned the BCCI would focus on T-2 cities like Ahmedabad, Pune, Lucknow, Ranchi, Rajkot and Dharamsala to host more games. Who knows though- in the years to come, we may even see an expanded two-tier IPL with relegation and promotion.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Indeed!

I actually envisioned the BCCI would focus on T-2 cities like Ahmedabad, Pune, Lucknow, Ranchi, Rajkot and Dharamsala to host more games. Who knows though- in the years to come, we may even see an expanded two-tier IPL with relegation and promotion.
a two tier IPL will lead to one extemely successful IPL while other B league to be extremely dull

No star foreign player will want to feature there, plus all the attention will be grabbed by the first tier teams

Users who are viewing this thread