Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Rashid goes to Ahmedabad, will Lucknow go for Warner? Rahul and Warner could make a deadly opening combination and Rahul could also have Warner's leadership inputs (something he did not really have when he captained Punjab).

Some sites/media is speculating about Stoinis or Rabada being possible backups in case Lucknow dont get Rashid. I dont think Stoinis is that great a pick (I know he bowls, and is a big hitter and all; but Warner to me is ahead). Rabada will be an excellent choice if Lucknow get him. Was kinda hoping CSK try again for Rabada this time, if he gets into the auction (CSK won the bid on Rabada before, only for DC to thwart it with an RTM card).

It looks like no one is going behind Faf Du Plessis, and something that I expected. I knew the age factor will be held against him. Won't be surprised if CSK buys him back and won't be surprised if he repeats his vintage form with CSK yet again!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I still hope they can play the IPL this time in India. I don't think the Omicron wave is going to last until end of February (South Africa had a dramatic fall in its Omicron wave; lot of other countries are already showing signs of crossing their peaks, including India). Due to Omicron's extremely high transmissibility, its a wave that rises and falls pretty fast. Conservative optimism is for it to pass through by February.

An IPL played in India is always the bigger pull...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Omicron does dissipate rapidly. However, it depends upon how the foreign contingent looks at it. BCCI needs to safeguard the foreign assets more than anything else here. Locals can be managed easily.

B

Bigby Wolf

Lucknow picking a Stoinis for 11 crore? Why on earth would you not get a Rabada or a Starc? I get Bishnoi for the trade off with Rashid! Unbelievable! If the all rounder was the criteria what bad was Sam Curran?
Early Signs of a Franchise heading for a Disaster.

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Maye be negotiations with other does not materialised.
But yes it would be better to go with only KLR or they had to pick 3?

Users who are viewing this thread