Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Someone called Ali posted this on Cricinfo: "I told you guys at ESPN that the previous lowest total in IPL final was also in a winning cause. You didn't publish that.. but turns out I was right :)"
Was it you? @AliB

Someone called Ali posted this on Cricinfo: "I told you guys at ESPN that the previous lowest total in IPL final was also in a winning cause. You didn't publish that.. but turns out I was right :)"
Was it you? @AliB
Nope but I said that to my dad. :p

Yeah, if that's the case then I have to pay extra money for sports pack as TATA Sky provides only Star Sports 2 for free. And the premium games are broadcasted on star select and star sports 1 channels.

Last edited:
Star India Bag IPL Media Rights For Rs 16,347 Cr for Next 5 Years

That's some ridiculous amount of no. for media rights nonetheless i wanted Sony to retain it because Star might pull out another tantrum to broadcast IPL on those select channels in India.
Yeah, if that's the case then I have to pay extra money for sports pack as TATA Sky provides only Star Sports 2 for free. And the premium games are broadcasted on star select and star sports 1 channels.
Thank God, I have Hathway.

Mumbai and Chennai want 5 and 4 players retained, respectively. Punjab and Rajasthan (I believe Delhi also) does not want any retentions or 'Right to Match'. Kolkata does not want retentions, but wants 5 'Right to Match' cards. Hyderabad and Bangalore want 3 retentions and 2 Right to Match.

Seeing the pattern, I think Hyderabad and Bangalore's choices could be the way forward (i.e. 3 retentions and 2 RTM). Retaining 5 players is too much, but wont be surprised if Mumbai get their way. I don't agree with teams that say they do not want any retentions. Its unfortunate that these teams did not work well enough to build good amount of connect between the players and fans. Teams like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Hyderabad have done well to do that. Starting from scratch all over again constantly is not good and dilutes the fan base and disconnects fans from the team in most cases.

Mumbai and Chennai want 5 and 4 players retained, respectively. Punjab and Rajasthan (I believe Delhi also) does not want any retentions or 'Right to Match'. Kolkata does not want retentions, but wants 5 'Right to Match' cards. Hyderabad and Bangalore want 3 retentions and 2 Right to Match.

Seeing the pattern, I think Hyderabad and Bangalore's choices could be the way forward (i.e. 3 retentions and 2 RTM). Retaining 5 players is too much, but wont be surprised if Mumbai get their way. I don't agree with teams that say they do not want any retentions. Its unfortunate that these teams did not work well enough to build good amount of connect between the players and fans. Teams like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Hyderabad have done well to do that. Starting from scratch all over again constantly is not good and dilutes the fan base and disconnects fans from the team in most cases.
What is right to match ?

If the player is purchased by someother team, then the current team can claim that player at purchase price of the new team.
You mean, suppose MI buys Kohli(who was part of RCB) for some amount and then RCB can get Kohli from MI for that amount ?

You mean, suppose MI buys Kohli(who was part of RCB) for some amount and then RCB can get Kohli from MI for that amount ?
Exactly. I kinda love this this thing. Had DD in sorts of trouble last time we had a mega auction.

Know that feel bro!

Users who are viewing this thread