Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
That's why I boycott the whole CSK team . Their batsmen will make you bore "everytime" ... :)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Just don’t go out for the whole season Bhuvi :(

B

Bigby Wolf

This is big.

Samad against Dhoni in last over.

Although Dhoni really struggling for some fitness here.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That match was way too close than it should've been. Important for Sunrisers to be consistent in their death bowling efforts. Natarajan was brilliant with his yorkers the other day, today he dished out a few full tosses and easy-to-hit short balls. Khaleel has been very poor in the last three games.

I really hope Bhuvi isn't ruled out of the tournament. He is way too important and its hard to replace a bowler like him in the team.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This could have been a goner for SRH had MS been fit...

Bairstow also left some easy balls there while keeping...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Will Dhoni be fit for Sunday? I would laugh if Dhoni sits out and CSK bring in Ruturaj and have Rayudu keep wickets. I won't put it past them to go this way despite having Jagadeesan

Laughable team! Watson, Jadhav are perennial passengers who suck the life out of the team and yet so much love. I don't care what Watson did last year. He had a poor tournament and was lucky CSK got in the right positions for him to fire in the playoffs. He cant bowl, he cant field (he struggles)... And Jadhav - OMFG!!! Cant even start on him....

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Can someone tell the facts that determined Dhoni was unfit for the game. I apologize if it was mentioned before, I didn't follow today's game.

lion100lion

International Coach
My comments on today's match as a heart broken CSK fan:

1) I feel for MS Dhoni here. His body is not standing to the hot weather. May be that is why he was coming lower down the order in the last 3 matches.

2) But still I don't understand that if he was tired, why did not he allow Sam to take over the last over completely?

3) The CSK team seriously lacks power hitters and its time they take Kedar Jadhav out and bring someone else.

4) Given the way Bravo was hit in the CPL, I don't think it is right move to bring him in the playing 11.

5) Last but not the least, 12 dot balls to Rashid khan? Are they kidding? If you wanna give respect to a bowler, yes don't hit boundaries, but at least take a single.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Shane Watson seems to be compensating for the century he scored in the last season.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
CSK were incredibly lucky to get 7 runs short of SRH's total there. We should thank our stars that Bhuvi pulled out of that penultimate over and forced a spinner to be bowled in the end. As much as people empathize with Dhoni for playing it out there despite struggling, he kept adding pressure on himself and the team by his now 'old and defunct tactic' of taking the game till the end. And its utterly a nightmare seeing almost every member of his side embrace this style of gameplay. I mean, even in the 17th over, Jadeja looks to keep the ball down to the ground. C'MON, the required run rate is almost 20 and you are looking to play shots down the ground?

Can anyone hold their heart and say that CSK will drop Watson and Jadhav in their upcoming games? On the contrary, everyone will easily say that CSK will rather wait for Watson and Jadhav to ease their way back into form and encounter a few more failures at the cost of the team.

This time, the ask is 5-10x more tougher than what we faced in IPL 2010 where we had only won 2 games out of 7 but went on to win 6 out of the last 7 (including that famous Dharmashala 'cheek punch' moment) and win the title. In 2010, the players were very different, much much younger and were in their peak phases. This time, the team looks jaded, the big ones have retired or are close to it. Herculean ask for CSK to win 7 of their remaining 10 games to make the playoffs.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Can someone tell the facts that determined Dhoni was unfit for the game. I apologize if it was mentioned before, I didn't follow today's game.
He was struggling while running... Called the physio once for something... Was clearly pretty tired.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I wouldn't mind seeing Curran open in place of Watson. CSK needs someone who can provide them with a rapid start in the powerplay, and that is one area where they have struggled so far. Bringing in Tahir or Hazelwood in place of Watson will only make CSK a little stronger. TBH, It doesn't look like CSK will make playoffs this time with the type of players they have in the squad and the form they are in. However, one thing that they can do is utilize the resources available to them. Watson is not looking good so far, and that's not a surprise considering he is retired from International cricket. Dhoni is not the same batsman that he once was, and therefore he needs to come up the order to number 4 to give himself the best chance which he refuses to do. I also wouldn't mind if Ruturaj is given an opportunity as an opener.

It was refreshing to see how well Priyam Garg and Abhishek batted, considering that the SRH was in a tricky position when they arrived at the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread