Indian Premier League - General Discussion

All of India seem to put Bumrah on such a high pedestal. He has gone for more runs than not in the death recently
He's sixth on the list of leading wickettakers just behind purple cap holder Boult by 3 wickets. His economy of 6.75 is still pretty good.

It's not fair to call him overrated based on a few below par performances. He's still a good death bowler and that's what he's capable of.

Where is "all of India" overrating Bumrah? Even Indians on this forum don't talk him up so much. He's a good death bowler, but overall an alright bowler.

So another over rated player correct? And an Australia to it would be better correct? I get your point, Indian players are pretty overrated and Australians are highly skilled and underrated. Move on!
He's sixth on the list of leading wickettakers just behind purple cap holder Boult by 3 wickets. His economy of 6.75 is still pretty good.

It's not fair to call him overrated based on a few below par performances. He's still a good death bowler and that's what he's capable of.

Where is "all of India" overrating Bumrah? Even Indians on this forum don't talk him up so much. He's a good death bowler, but overall an alright bowler.
He's one of India's greatest bowlers no doubt, he just hasn't been his best recently in the death

So another over rated player correct? And an Australia to it would be better correct? I get your point, Indian players are pretty overrated and Australians are highly skilled and underrated. Move on!
Bumrah is no where near overrated, but you think every Indian player is better than Australians mate. I admitted India have a slightly stronger middle order in ODI cricket but your pace bowling attack can't compare to ours. Bumrah is a good t20 and one day bowler. Bhuvi is only a good t20 bowler, overrated in odi and I haven't seen him much in test cricket.

BIG BIG game tomorrow in the afternoon. QdK is out for this game and may be, just may be this will make the cards fall in place for them.

Parthiv comes in for de Kock and he has to open. Kohli 3, AB 4. Now, there's not much point playing Baz at 5. Woakes for Baz? That would mean the team I've been wanting to see play from game 1 might feature.

Vohra
Parthiv
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
CDG
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Siraj
Chahal

Honestly, I'd play Navdeep Saini instead of Siraj but that's never going to happen now!

Last edited:
Bumrah is no where near overrated, but you think every Indian player is better than Australians mate. I admitted India have a slightly stronger middle order in ODI cricket but your pace bowling attack can't compare to ours. Bumrah is a good t20 and one day bowler. Bhuvi is only a good t20 bowler, overrated in odi and I haven't seen him much in test cricket.
Why has this discussion become Australia vs India?

Both teams look good and have pros and cons about their team. Aus don't have a reliable spinner when India have two. Aus and India seem to have middle order flaws. The Indian top order is now superior to Australia with Warner gone.

Australia have a a very intimidating pace attack, no doubt of that, but we haven't seen much of India's other pace bowlers like Shami, Yadav. There is pace bowling talent clearly in India. Thakur, Kaul, Sandeep Sharma and prime examples.

If we want to discuss this topic, let's do that in the Aus discussion thread?

RCB vs CSK, this time in Pune. Best time for RCB to face CSK, who might be coming up disoriented after that shattering loss to KKR. And with questions being asked by their bowling, fielding, Jadeja, their squad selection, etc. RCB must be buoyed from that win against Mumbai despite not having ABD in the XI. Imagine what could've been in their previous meeting with CSK if Southee played that game?

Will the batting save us again and will it continue to mask our bad bowling and even worser fielding (both reinforced by the captain himself in his interviews)? Depends on the type of pitch Pune has and the toss. If CSK win the toss, will help massively. No anti-jinx attempts, this game is a serious lottery with both sides capable of outbeating the other when it comes to playing badly.

BIG BIG game tomorrow in the afternoon. QdK is out for this game and may be, just may be this will make the cards fall in place for them.

Parthiv comes in for de Kock and he has to open. Kohli 3, AB 4. Now, there's not much point playing Baz at 5. Woakes for Baz? That would mean the team I've been wanting to see play from game 1 might feature.

Vohra
Parthiv
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
CDG
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Siraj
Chahal

Honestly, I'd play Navdeep Saini instead of Siraj but that's never going to happen now!
This will be the team even I would play. But Kohli would not dare to drop Baz when QDK is missing. Siraj did well in the last game. I know he was expensive in all the matches he played, but I feel he should be given another chance. Apart from the horrible short balls he bowls, he is pretty good. Most of the runs he has conceded has come off short balls and annoying wides. And, I agree that Saini should definitely get a game but not today.

Seeing how both Sundar and Negi have been expensive, its better we go with only one spinner. Or, maybe I would be tempted to bring in Ali instead of Woakes. I haven't seen Ali much in T20s but this will be the perfect time to try him out since the only spinner who is in form is, Chahal.

This will be the team even I would play. But Kohli would not dare to drop Baz when QDK is missing. Siraj did well in the last game. I know he was expensive in all the matches he played, but I feel he should be given another chance. Apart from the horrible short balls he bowls, he is pretty good. Most of the runs he has conceded has come off short balls and annoying wides. And, I agree that Saini should definitely get a game but not today.

Seeing how both Sundar and Negi have been expensive, its better we go with only one spinner. Or, maybe I would be tempted to bring in Ali instead of Woakes. I haven't seen Ali much in T20s but this will be the perfect time to try him out since the only spinner who is in form is, Chahal.

The problem is that we're no longer at a stage in the points table where we could try something and I follow England closely and never understand why people get out to Ali. He can bat but he's no finisher. Woakes isn't a death bowler but very handy up top and a decent tonker of the ball. Saini would've been in my starting XI from day 1 but Kohli was playing 'Kaun Banega mera Wasim Akram?' with the RCB squad at that point of time!

Again, ALI is a very good option but not in this line up. Bangalore are dire for bowlers. I saw Navdeep Saini bowl once at Eden and he's accurate and fast in a deceptive way. I don't know.. there's something about him. It's the deception that works in T20 and I know pace can travel.

I think Siraj has improved. He has the make of a death bowler but he's just too inconsistent for my liking. Might as well give Saini a go. But, I see your point as well. I also know Baz will play.. let's see where. If they drop Vohra again.. really I mean? It can happen with Kohli!

Remove that shit coach Vettori from RCB and i can guarantee that RCB will make it to play-off next IPL.

Vohra
Parthiv
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
CDG
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Siraj
Chahal

Coach vettori says hi to you.

As an avid supporter of the underdog, I might have to start supporting RCB for the next couple of seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread