Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
RSA should win the tests easily but not sure about the odis .

Here is a fact for you guys :

Suresh Raina
List A avg 38
FC avg 46
ODI avg 36

Virat Kohli
List A avg 47
FC avg 58
ODI avg 44

My question is does kris srikanth demand anything more from this world class talent in Kohli to get into the test arena ?? He is a better player of short pitched deliveries than raina, his temperament is much much better . His statistics are far better than raina , then what else does he want ???

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
RSA should win the tests easily but not sure about the odis .

Here is a fact for you guys :

Suresh Raina
List A avg 38
FC avg 46
ODI avg 36

Virat Kohli
List A avg 47
FC avg 58
ODI avg 44

My question is does kris srikanth demand anything more from this world class talent in Kohli to get into the test arena ?? He is a better player of short pitched deliveries than raina, his temperament is much much better . His statistics are far better than raina , then what else does he want ???

Raina has more international experience than Kohli. He has almost played 100 games (I guess he has completed 100 ODI's, though not sure). If it was all about class, Badrinath deserves it more than Raina, Pujara, Kohli, etc. He got a 50 in his first few tests and he has played only 2 tests.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lorgat asks India, South Africa boards to decide on UDRS
ESPNcricinfo staff
October 27, 2010
Text size: A | A

The ICC has left it to CSA to convince the BCCI on the use of the UDRS for the South Africa-India Tests ? Getty Images
Enlarge
Related Links
News : South Africa in favour of UDRS for India Tests
News : Hawk-eye inventor aims to dispel Indian concerns
In Focus: Technology
Players/Officials: Haroon Lorgat
Series/Tournaments: India tour of South Africa
Teams: India | South Africa
The ICC has directed the Indian and South African boards to come to a decision on the use of the Umpire Decision Review System (UDRS) for the upcoming Test series between the teams. Cricket South Africa (CSA) had expressed its interest in using the system for India's tour which begins on December 16, but it will have to persuade the BCCI.

"Discussions will go on between CSA and BCCI whether to use it or not and CSA will eventually make a decision in consultation with BCCI," ICC chief Haroon Lorgat said. "We would leave it to them to come to an understanding."

India's resistance towards the UDRS stems from their experience in the 2008 tour of Sri Lanka, where they only managed one successful referral as opposed to Sri Lanka's 11. The BCCI has already ruled out the UDRS for the upcoming home Tests against New Zealand. They had earlier refused the use of referrals for the recently-concluded series against Australia despite the availability of the requisite technology.

In recent times, some of India's players have softened their stand, with Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan expressing their support for the system, though others, including MS Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar, share the skepticism of the board. Lorgat, however, was optimistic that they would eventually rethink their stand. "A lot of players are happy with the system," he said. "I am confident in due course the BCCI would give consent."

South Africa have used the UDRS three times in their last four Test series - against Australia and England at home in 2009, and in the West Indies in June. The exception was when they toured India earlier this year for a two-Test series.

India in South Africa: Haroon Lorgat asks India, South Africa boards to decide on UDRS | Cricket News | South Africa v India | Cricinfo.com

Why do you need to ask the teams? Why don't the ICC just grow a pair and demand the use of UDRS in each and every test match played from now on?

P

pcfan123

BCCI being against UDRS is getting really old. They don't even have a concrete argument against it besides they are cheap asses, despite being the richest pricks at the party

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
BCCI being against UDRS is getting really old. They don't even have a concrete argument against it besides they are cheap asses, despite being the richest pricks at the party

The only argument they have is that they want the use of hotspot over Snicko. That's the only reason other than money as to why they don't or the likes of Dhoni and Sachin don't want to use it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We are slow at adapting to everything. We did the same to Twenty20. Hope we adapt to UDRS soon enough.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If Steyn is fit, Indian batsmen will find it hard to score in South Africa in test matches. The outcome of the series depends upon how Indian batsmen handle the pace of Morkel and Steyn. Also it will be important for Indian Quicks to fire in South Africa. I remember watching Shreshant bowl real well in India's last tour to SA.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
India is not touring South Africa for first time. We will start as underdog in this one but won't be outplayed badly as well.

TumTum

International Cricketer
The whole series depends on the type of pitches that will be made. (And I am not saying India will lose if SA prepare bowling friendly pitches) I must point out that even though SA is the best place for fast bowlers, sometimes they produce flat pitches as well and India will take full advantage if they get to bat on it.

Hardey

School Cricketer
i think SA is easily win this series
because, india can play good only in india.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
i think SA is easily win this series
because, india can play good only in india.

I dont think so. Our bowlers like juice on the wicket, and we do better these days on helpful and juicy wickets. Our batting can withstand the opposition's bowling. Its our bowling which is the worry, and I think help on the wickets will give us a good chance of competing really well. Also we are so used to playing in SA (the IPL's, the Champions league, T20 World Cup, etc). Its like second home for us now.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
The current NZ tour to India is surely making this one look tougher than earlier. Our bowling woes are worst against NZ, something we can't afford in NZ. Though Indian pitches don't offer much for the bowlers, still out frontline spinners are struggling and except Zak there is no good bowler in the team ATM. Hope that Bhajji gains his form with the bowl there, else it's gonna be very tough to get out a strong batting lineup like SAF's.

Users who are viewing this thread