India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

That was a ridiculous decision. DRS or no DRS, a young umpire like Dharmasena can't miss that and if he does, DRS should not be saving him. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Interesting to see them hold Pujara back. Probably due to the fact that they want to go for the win? If thats the case, that doesn't put Pujara in good light. He can score at a good clip too for test cricket. But anyways, him coming down can be tested out.

The target is getting further and further away.

Three early wickets didn't help, but honestly the team has to look at where they are with about 25-20 overs to go, and honestly if the target is too much then drop anchor. The idea of chasing an impossible target seems great, but then there comes a point when a target does become unchaseable. Drop anchor then.

I've seen that often on Star Cricket but never felt for it as I hadn't seen it carefully either. But when I did yesterday, that was emotional to re-eye his world cup celebration alongside his words 'I had only one dream'.

It looks like a win is not in Kohli's mind anymore. Maybe Dhoni told them that if we are three down before tea go for the draw. I say this because Kohli is batting a little slow for an Indian win.

Guys the chase was NEVER on. Especially after we went 2/1 and then 5/2. Even before that, chasing a 350+ score at 5rpo on the 5th day is almost impossible

haha cricinfo filled with loser comments about how Kohli is scoring overseas (in Aus) because we have been dished out flat tracks :)

Typical !!

if you think india was ever going to go for the win, or that it was even possible, you haven't watched enough cricket.

i think if it had come down to something like 100 off 10 overs with 6/7 wickets in hand, india would have gone for it, but that minute possibility is long gone.

I think today we have seen Virat's game get taken to the next level. Virat was the one who raised the stakes, the Aussies gave him some enormous stick, and Virat stood up anyway. Just stunning, and the appreciation I have for the lad went up many notches today.

On his technique, he really does like to play away from his body, and I am not sure the same would have worked in Eng. THat is something to watch for India's next trip to Eng. As I said though, he is going to have a plan the next time he visits Eng.

Also the Aussie summer is long and I am sure the banter will continue into the ODI Tri Series. Also interestingly England feature in the tri series, and Anderson had Kohli in all kinds of trouble, even in the ODIs, and it will be fun to see how Kohli reacts to Anderson on Aus pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread