India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

not really its all banter..of course kohli respects hadin

i guess you should listen to rhino more often, they all respect each other its all just banter mate. #nothing_personal lol

Press Conference : Australia v India, 3rd Test, Melbourne | Banter is never personal - Harris | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio | ESPN Cricinfo

I don't really care if Kohli wants to give back what he gets from the Aussies when he's in the field (if it's not going to delay the game which is the primary reason they are there like most of his antics did), but if he wants to do so then don't go whine about it being done at a press conference the day before.

lol what are you trying to state?....he never whined he was asked and he shot back an answer straight and honest this is how it is so dont expect me to back down simples,, where is the whine here? instead of hiding behind platitudes and people who know downtonian should be aware of that :p

lol what are you trying to state?....he never whined he was asked and he shot back an answer straight and honest this is how it is so dont expect me to back down simples,, where is the whine here? instead of hiding behind platitudes and people who know downtonian should be aware of that :p

Don't try and turn the ECB on me mate, I hate to even be associated with them :D. What I'm saying is if he wants to hand it out, don't go criticize the Aussies for doing so.

Just considering the fact he kind of slated them for doing so yesterday then came out and stuck his head into everything possible, even if it meant running the length of a pitch a few times.

Kophli never "slated" them for banter/sledging/whatever. He just said, they called me spoilt brat etc. and I gave them back. Even went on to say that he enjoys it. Hypocrisy would be if he said that Aussies sledging was wrong and then went on and sledged the aussies the next day. So not hypocritical at all[DOUBLEPOST=1419879764][/DOUBLEPOST]
don't go criticize the Aussies for doing so.
Again, he never criticized them for it :)

Is there going to be an early start today? How many overs lost due to rain/wind interruptions on Day4?

Think it's a half an hour earlier start. Does anyone know if that's just added to the first session?

He should know you DON'T involve the media whenever possible. Look at Tony Grieg, a very respected individual, who when playing was very easily made to look bad by talking to the media.

Stopping play already, pretty silly stuff from the umpires.

Stopping play already, pretty silly stuff from the umpires.

It is more than drizzling though .. not that silly :)[DOUBLEPOST=1419895491][/DOUBLEPOST]Could be bad for us though, if the rain spices up the wicket a bit

So Aus definitely not keen on pushing for a big target anytime soon and making a sporting declaration (as expected)

Yeah he wasn't whining he was simply responding honestly to questions he was asked. Kohli is the last person that would whine, seriously come on. The Aussies whine more than anyone else in cricket, when someone is taking it to them they start sledging and then whine to the umpires when our players are saying words to them. Actually, the Aussies aren't the greatest whiners in cricket, it might be the England players.

Does anyone think there will be a result in this game anymore? Australia wasted a lot of time so far and have batted way longer than we thought they would. No one wants to see this type of game, if Clarke was captain I think he would have put us in yesterday with 3-5 overs left. Smith is being way too negative and I don't think this is what the Melbourne crowd wanted to see. They actually wanted to see a match not this boring crap on day 5.[DOUBLEPOST=1419901994][/DOUBLEPOST]

What are you trying to say about Sachin and Murali?

One of the persons will have to play sheet anchor. Pujara is the most technically sound batsman in the side and is perfect for that sort of role. Dhoni coming out at 3 is a bit far-fetched. I'd rather stick with the same order or push up Kohli to 3 depending upon the overs we get. Mayeb in that case Pujara maybe asked to open with Vijay seeing as a quick Dhawan wicket may fire up the Aussies.

I don't think Pujara is the most technically sound batsman in the side, I think that is Kohli. Now Pujara's technique is damn good but it's his patience and stubbornness that he gets credited for and he has the most patience in this Indian side just like Rahul Dravid before. Technique wise I think Kohli is the most sound batsman in our team because he has solid defense when its needed and he plays elegant strokes.

No...

I you watched the U-19 World Cup in Malaysia in 2008, you'd understand that that's the way Kohli always plays. Plus, it is required that one of your players gets under the Aussie skins. At least it's making for some interesting viewing.

Yeah you are right about that.

Looks like Kohli and co. scared the Aussies so much with that Adelaide chase that they have resorted to defensive tactics to keep the series. The typical Aussie aggro has been tamed. Kudos to Kohli and his boys for doing that.:clap:thumbs:cheers

India might still lose this, but we have hope for the future under Kohli, Rahane, Vijay and the rest. If only we can find some good bowlers to back up the batsmen.

I hope it rains. Pathetic from both sides. Australia not looking to advance the score and India showing no desire to take a wicket from ball one this morning. Would have been nice for someone to show some aggression, seeing as both sides like to use the word in their media duties.

Users who are viewing this thread