India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

While all the focus has been on Steve, Warner and Mitch, Bucky has been silently accumulating runs, 4 half-centuries in a row. Overnight declaration would be a grave error from Steve, the pitch is a road and 326 is not a very demanding target. Had Warner welcomed an Indian batsman like Kohli did to Haddin, the whole world would've exploded regarding spirit of cricket and other bullshit. When Kohli does it, it is "a good strategy".

Chris Rogers has booked his ticket to England for the Ashes with those four consecutive half centuries. His experience in England conditions will be very valuable, so I am glad he is scoring runs again.

1. While all the focus has been on Steve, Warner and Mitch, Bucky has been silently accumulating runs, 4 half-centuries in a row.
2. Overnight declaration would be a grave error from Steve, the pitch is a road and 326 is not a very demanding target.
3. Had Warner welcomed an Indian batsman like Kohli did to Haddin, the whole world would've exploded regarding spirit of cricket and other bullshit. When Kohli does it, it is "a good strategy".

Yeah they'll probably bat another 10 overs and try to smack as many runs as they can. Also, Kohli is only meeting fire with fire. The Australians are getting a taste of their own medicine. That's just the way he plays his cricket and there's nothing wrong with that either. I don't think the whole world would have exploded regarding spirit of cricket if Warner did the same because this has been a really tough and heated series. Pujara was even seen exchanging words with Warner yesterday so everyone is getting in on it. At the end, this is what the Australians have been doing to opponents for so many years so maybe they should be on the receiving end at times. They just don't like it when someone is taking it to them with words and the bat, and that's exactly what Virat Kohli has done so far.

unchanged as vijay should be the anchor and we need someone to go blazin at the start..even if its a quick fire 30-50...i might even consider putting MSD above not against new ball but anytime after 20 overs and try to have a go and put pujara back.as atleast with pujara we are guaranteed to face 70 odd balls....though dont see that happening.

Yeah pujara will slow it down for us, we might want to put him in maybe Rahul's current spot or something? I wouldn't mind Dhoni coming in at 3 to attack a little, but then we could well miss his finishing abilities like we did at Adelaide. Kohli is definitely the key player for us, I think the game depends on his performance. I want Dhawan to just attack and Vijay should just be his self and hold one end up. The thing I am worried about is the period when Vijay and Pujara could be batting because that could slow things up and I know Dhoni will not move him down the order so I don't know.

Does anyone think Kohli has been a bit too much aggressive at times like yesterday when he said words to Johnson when he got out and came out to bat? He might want to be careful because the last thing us Indian fans would want is for him to get out tomorrow. I don't like when he gets too involved because we saw how he almost gave away his wicket to Johnson after the argument on day 3. He was playing brilliant up to that point and then lost his focus for a few overs and then found himself again. He enjoys it but it could be costly at times I think when he gets too involved.

I don't see a point in doing a sporting declaration here for the Aussies - they will not forget how close India came to chasing down the target in the first test. They are already 2-0 up in the series and a draw will seal a series win

About the batting lineup, its hard to make a call. Totally depends on what target is set and how many overs are available.

Yeah pujara will slow it down for us, we might want to put him in maybe Rahul's current spot or something? I wouldn't mind Dhoni coming in at 3 to attack a little, but then we could well miss his finishing abilities like we did at Adelaide. Kohli is definitely the key player for us, I think the game depends on his performance.

One of the persons will have to play sheet anchor. Pujara is the most technically sound batsman in the side and is perfect for that sort of role. Dhoni coming out at 3 is a bit far-fetched. I'd rather stick with the same order or push up Kohli to 3 depending upon the overs we get. Mayeb in that case Pujara maybe asked to open with Vijay seeing as a quick Dhawan wicket may fire up the Aussies.

Does anyone think Kohli has been a bit too much aggressive at times like yesterday when he said words to Johnson when he got out and came out to bat?

No...

I you watched the U-19 World Cup in Malaysia in 2008, you'd understand that that's the way Kohli always plays. Plus, it is required that one of your players gets under the Aussie skins. At least it's making for some interesting viewing.

Last edited:
Kohlis actions when Haddin came out to Bat were a bit unnecessary I think and a bit hypocritical to be honest.

unnecessary may be hypocritical its not..its just banter

What was going on between Sharma and Warner was clearly banter with them being IPL team mates, running from mid on all the way up to the strikers end to sledge the new batsman when he comes in and in the process delaying the bowling of the next ball appears to be less so.

Yeah they'll probably bat another 10 overs and try to smack as many runs as they can. Also, Kohli is only meeting fire with fire. The Australians are getting a taste of their own medicine. That's just the way he plays his cricket and there's nothing wrong with that either. I don't think the whole world would have exploded regarding spirit of cricket if Warner did the same because this has been a really tough and heated series. Pujara was even seen exchanging words with Warner yesterday so everyone is getting in on it. At the end, this is what the Australians have been doing to opponents for so many years so maybe they should be on the receiving end at times. They just don't like it when someone is taking it to them with words and the bat, and that's exactly what Virat Kohli has done so far.

''The more players talk on the field, the more the likelihood there is of something personal being said. If something personal is said at the wrong time, there will eventually be an altercation on the field. When that happens it will be players who are punished''

''One of the big mistakes touring sides make is trying to play Australia at their own game''.

Credits Ian Chappell: Enough with the on-field chatter | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread