Interactive Replay "Sneak Peek"- Don Bradman Cricket 14

Ah right that makes more sense then I just wasn't sure why that was in his sig I didn't know it was related as a response to ashes

No one questioned it's features or depth, no need to call people small minded just for questioning something they are unclear about :thumbs

I'm on mobile so can't check easily, but didn't you say what's the big deal? (Not that this is a conversation I really care about, but I think our replay system is a big deal :) )

I'm on mobile so can't check easily, but didn't you say what's the big deal? (Not that this is a conversation I really care about, but I think our replay system is a big deal :) )

Yeah but I was under the impression it was just a standard replay system like in previous cricket games as I didn't know too much about it, from what I've read since is it like a ball by ball replay system where if you press a button then you can get any replay not just for wickets, 4s and 6s? cheers

No worries.

Ok. So to answer some of above - this is an Instant replay system that can be called at any time via the pause menu and includes replays of a number of previous deliveries. I still do not believe that previously there was an Instant replay system available for use at any time in the previous titles, but of course I could be wrong (and probably am, just haven't had time to have a closer look and fire up the old EA game to check when you could call it).

Last edited:
No worries.

Ok. So to answer some of above - this is an Instant replay system that can be called at any time via the pause menu and includes replays of a number of previous deliveries. I still do not believe that previously there was an Instant replay system available for use at any time in the previous titles, but of course I could be wrong.

There have been replay systems, however i can't recall an "instant" replay system in any past cricket games. No matter what....This game will still rock. :cheers

I think 97 ate had instant replay system.

And it is awesome we can see multiple previous deliveries as replays. Can it be as long as a full over ross? Would be cool as a replay to show how we set up a batsman to get him out.

My sig is and was clearly aimed at the current competitor.

It appeared at the time of the "all that and more" comment...

That's what I figured as well coz you are going against AC13/Ashes franchise and not EA or earlier games.

Ok. So to answer some of above - this is an Instant replay system that can be called at any time via the pause menu and includes replays of a number of previous deliveries. I still do not believe that previously there was an Instant replay system available for use at any time in the previous titles, but of course I could be wrong (and probably am, just haven't had time to have a closer look and fire up the old EA game to check when you could call it).

That makes a lot more sense if you replace the word 'instant' with 'interactive' everywhere ;) Instant replay implies something else - that it happens instantly after a play, as opposed to something you can access at any time, control yourself, etc.

I think the main plus / never-been-done-before / etc is its interactiveness, rather than its 'instantness'.

</grammar-nitpick>

No worries.

Ross....can we save these replays on our system? I knw we can upload them to YouTube ...so what's the max length of the video that we can upload? Since there are replays of multiple deliveries available can we upload a highlight package kind of a thing as well?

Previous deliveries is a new feature to cricket games IIRC - the other replays let you just do the last delivery - which was annoying as sometimes you'd skip too far into the next ball and it would give you a replay of you starting your next run up.

The later EA games had the fall of wickets at the end, but you both couldn't save that and it wouldn't show some of the bigger shots or close calls that a highlights package would.

Jesus Christ, we're nitpicking his enthusiasm now?! It's a f'n cool replay system. Looks like nothing we've seen before. First of it's kind. End of.

Ross....can we save these replays on our system? I knw we can upload them to YouTube ...so what's the max length of the video that we can upload? Since there are replays of multiple deliveries available can we upload a highlight package kind of a thing as well?

At this stage it's upload only, you can always get them back from YouTube through a variety of available free downloading software.

Editing them into a highlights package would also be a post-process for the player, this version will not have that in it. A next-gen version would for sure.

At this stage it's upload only, you can always get them back from YouTube through a variety of available free downloading software.
Is the upload from our computers/console just like a saved replay that would then be rendered and uploaded at Big Ant's end - or will the clips be encoded locally and just sent as a video?

I can't talk about how the systems work on console due to the various NDA's in place but I will say they are different to the PC version.

The PC version is locally rendered and sent up to YouTube/FaceBook

I can't talk about how the systems work on console due to the various NDA's in place but I will say they are different to the PC version.

The PC version is locally rendered and sent up to YouTube/FaceBook

Probably saving in-game like in FIFA series would be a nice touch. It renders and saves in our computer to be viewed in-game. Wouldn't that be possible to be added now?

Probably saving in-game like in FIFA series would be a nice touch. It renders and saves in our computer to be viewed in-game. Wouldn't that be possible to be added now?

I think it would be a little difficult to implement it now. Maybe in a patch or sequel later. Anyways, as Ross said, you can upload it to youtube and then there are multiple options to download youtube videos, so its fine for now (atleast for those who would be connected online).

I wonder how the camera angles would work on the uploaded videos though. What camera angle would it use? Can I choose multiple camera angles for uploading the video?

Users who are viewing this thread