Interactive Replay "Sneak Peek"- Don Bradman Cricket 14

Why is the replay system such a big deal? wasn't it in all the EA games...

to be honest I thought replay was in other games too, though I believe Ross is saying this is the first "instant" replay, though not sure how that's been implemented / defined.

still, I think we can agree the control here in terms of 360 movement etc. is fantastic, and the touches you can see here in terms of ball physics, player reactions etc. is fantastic and definitely "a big deal"...

to be honest I thought replay was in other games too, though I believe Ross is saying this is the first "instant" replay, though not sure how that's been implemented / defined.

still, I think we can agree the control here in terms of 360 movement etc. is fantastic, and the touches you can see here in terms of ball physics, player reactions etc. is fantastic and definitely "a big deal"...

Yeah I wasn't talking about the games physics. I was speaking of the replay function alone. Even instant replays, EA games and the codemaster games had that (when you hit a 4 or a 6)?

Yeah I wasn't talking about the games physics. I was speaking of the replay function alone. Even instant replays, EA games and the codemaster games had that (when you hit a 4 or a 6)?

don't remember to be honest... did you have control over it?

I am pretty sure ross isn't gonna claim to be "first" without being able to back it up...

Ea did but Ashes series didn't.

I am pretty sure ross isn't gonna claim to be "first" without being able to back it up...

EA Cricket (EA Cricket 2007 for sure) had the replay system in place where you could change the camera angle and look at the replay so yeah "Punk Sk8r!" is correct. But IMO Ross is going against AC13 and Ashes franchise and they never had the "on-demand" replay system in place.

EA Cricket (EA Cricket 2007 for sure) had the replay system in place where you could change the camera angle and look at the replay so yeah "Punk Sk8r!" is correct. But IMO Ross is going against AC13 and Ashes franchise and they never had the "on-demand" replay system in place.

don't think he can (or would) claim to be "first" just based on ashes not having had it... I am assuming there will be a way of calling this that makes it more "instant" than before, or is giving something not seen before.

Initially when the game shows you the replay you don't have control over it but you can go into the menu and replay it where you do have control over it i.e 360 moving cam, zoom in etc

don't think he can (or would) claim to be "first" just based on ashes not having had it... I am assuming there will be a way of calling this that makes it more "instant" than before, or is giving something not seen before.

Possibly but it is a bit odd advertising stuff against a game that practically doesn't exist, I mean going by ross's sig a tad misleading

I thought it was the first instant replay system, it's certainly the best by far and has features that none before it have had. TBH I CBF dealing with small minded people who can't see a forest for only a tree, life is too short.

In all fairness, i hadn't seen Ross claim first "interactive and instant" only first "instant", though happy to be corrected.

As I have made clear throughout, I am not accusing Ross of over advertising, false advertising or mendacity in any way, in fact I think he is pretty straight in asserting only what he knows to be correct/ can back up. I have assumed in all my posts there is something in this system that backs up the "first" thing.

----------

I thought it was the first instant replay system, it's certainly the best by far and has features that none before it have had. TBH I CBF dealing with small minded people who can't see a forest for only a tree, life is too short.

From everything we saw in that vid I don't think anyone can have any issue with THAT.

Out of interest, are you able to reveal how we call up a replay? I think MattW earlier (sorry if it was someone else) mentioned another game where you press a to continue x for replay, which i think sounds fantastic. IIRC he said MLB the show which i think you said has inspired you a bit. Is this similar?

That would certainly make it more instant than anything else i have ever seen.

Possibly but it is a bit odd advertising stuff against a game that practically doesn't exist, I mean going by ross's sig a tad misleading
I always took Ross' sig to only be a reference to things that are not going to be in Ashes Cricket 2013 - a reasons to buy their game and not the other one (in case you could read both forum sections and be in doubt)

Of what's there right now, nets have appeared in the majority of recent cricket games, the EA games have more recently had some degree of manual fielding (as opposed to just manual catching and end selection in the recent Codemasters ones) and they've all recently had multiple camera angles (IC2010 pushed that pretty hard).

I would suggest for some of those it's easy to make the case that they've done either a better job, if they are really proud of the work they've put in to features that might have technically been in other games before, I don't blame them for wanting to show them off.

The review system and career mode are obvious total firsts, and you'd probably have to look to the management games to find similarly detailed tour/competition editors. The Cricket Academy is mostly unique, of course other games have included things named 'player editors' - it's a point where Big Ant can certainly claim a lot of new components for a cricket title - though they are obviously the first game with a 'Cricket Academy'.

I always took Ross' sig to only be a reference to things that are not going to be in Ashes Cricket 2013 - a reasons to buy their game and not the other one (in case you could read both forum sections and be in doubt)

Of what's there right now, nets have appeared in the majority of recent cricket games, the EA games have more recently had some degree of manual fielding (as opposed to just manual catching and end selection in the recent Codemasters ones) and they've all recently had multiple camera angles (IC2010 pushed that pretty hard).

I would suggest for some of those it's easy to make the case that they've done either a better job, if they are really proud of the work they've put in to features that might have technically been in other games before, I don't blame them for wanting to show them off.

The review system and career mode are obvious total firsts, and you'd probably have to look to the management games to find similarly detailed tour/competition editors. The Cricket Academy is mostly unique, of course other games have included things named 'player editors' - it's a point where Big Ant can certainly claim a lot of new components for a cricket title - though they are obviously the first game with a 'Cricket Academy'.

Ah right that makes more sense then I just wasn't sure why that was in his sig I didn't know it was related as a response to ashes

No one questioned it's features or depth, no need to call people small minded just for questioning something they are unclear about :thumbs

My sig is and was clearly aimed at the current competitor.

It appeared at the time of the "all that and more" comment...

An old NBA Live prompted you to hit...triangle I think, after scoring a basket. It would take you to a instant (non interactive) replay.

Ah so now that makes the most sense, you can replay ball by ball? that is very good

My sig is and was clearly aimed at the current competitor.

It appeared at the time of the "all that and more" comment...

Fair play I didn't know it was there for that reason I thought it was just general features :)

Users who are viewing this thread